Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

1944-Tennessee-Calfornia & West Virginia

59 comments in this topic

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

USS West Virginia-1944--The 3 ships looked nearly the same but I think it would be cool to have them in the game

VH-USS+California-21.jpg?format=750w

55700361ed4bc.jpg

014895.gif

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles

WeeVee for Colorado top hul plz thx...

...and California for Tier VII in the second American battleship line, with her 1944 refit as top hull.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
48 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yes please, especially the Wee Vee.

Seconded

[PHU]
Beta Testers
195 posts
3,588 battles

'44-'45 Wee Vee should be the top hull for Colorado, but I'm almost certain we'll never see that outside of a premium ship.  And given the existence of Sharn and RN tier 7 offerings, very hard to justify spending money on at all.  21 knots just doesn't cut it anymore at tier 7.

[NUWES]
Members
1,635 posts
5,477 battles

Interesting thing is that the only examples of the old generation US BBs that we have in the game (standard-type and pre-standard type) are the least upgraded members (except Texas depending on how you count her). The New Mexicos weren't at Pearl Harbor and got some modernization prior to the war, but they never received significant wartime upgrades. New York never did either. Texas got a lot of light AA but that's it. Arizona is, as she was sunk. In basically pre-war form. Colorado also was the least modernized of her class since she also missed Pearl Harbor and they needed to keep her in service while the Pearl survivors got rebuilt and modernized. Colorado is the most glaring of them because both of her sisters got far more extensive modernization and one of them (Maryland would be my vote) should have been Colorado's final hull form. I'm not making judgements about the decision because I don't know why they chose to do that, but they  most certainly chose to put the least upgraded old BBs in the game.

Nevada has the same gunpower as New York and could easily have been the T5, and she was extensively modernized for such an old BB. They could have used the Tennessee class instead of New Mexico for T6 and had California as the final hull. She too was massively modernized. We all know about the Colorado class. I'm wondering if they were creating the game completely new today if they would  have made the same decision to sue the least modernized battleships considering how they fictitiously modernized BBs from other lines. 

Just food for thought. :)

Edited by Tzarevitch
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

West Virginia would make a fantastic Tier 7 premium battleship!

The idea that premiums shouldn't be as good as tech tree ships is a WoT philosophy. . . not a WoWS philosophy.  As we can plainly see from the many premiums that are equal to, or better than their tech tree counterparts.

West Virginia for Tier 7!

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,424 posts
4,060 battles
8 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

The idea that premiums shouldn't be as good as tech tree ships is a WoT philosophy. . . not a WoWS philosophy.  As we can plainly see from the many premiums that are equal to, or better than their tech tree counterparts.

It’s not even a general WoT philosophy, it’s a “WoT used to give most premiums preferential matchmaking so balanced them at mid-level to compensate” philosophy. It has no place in World of Warships or anywhere else, at this point. 

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
2 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Interesting thing is that the only examples of the old generation US BBs that we have in the game (standard-type and pre-standard type) are the least upgraded members (except Texas depending on how you count her). The New Mexicos weren't at Pearl Harbor and got some modernization prior to the war, but they never received significant wartime upgrades. New York never did either. Texas got a lot of light AA but that's it. Arizona is, as she was sunk. In basically pre-war form. Colorado also was the least modernized of her class since she also missed Pearl Harbor and they needed to keep her in service while the Pearl survivors got rebuilt and modernized. Colorado is the most glaring of them because both of her sisters got far more extensive modernization and one of them (Maryland would be my vote) should have been Colorado's final hull form. I'm not making judgements about the decision because I don't know why they chose to do that, but they  most certainly chose to put the least upgraded old BBs in the game.

Nevada has the same gunpower as New York and could easily have been the T5, and she was extensively modernized for such an old BB. They could have used the Tennessee class instead of New Mexico for T6 and had California as the final hull. She too was massively modernized. We all know about the Colorado class. I'm wondering if they were creating the game completely new today if they would  have made the same decision to sue the least modernized battleships considering how they fictitiously modernized BBs from other lines. 

They didn't want to include the Nevada because her AA would be obscene for tier 5. I mean, she's carrying almost as much secondary armament as an Iowa right here:

1200px-Uss_nevada.jpg

... which is still a stupid reason not to do it. I expect most of these ships (but not WV) in the second American battleship tree, with California being the tier 6, and Nevada (possibly in pre-war form) as the tier 5. 

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume
  • Cool 2

[WOLF5]
Beta Testers
454 posts
5,525 battles

USS Tennessee at tier 6 would be awesome.

Basically a New Mexico with better underwater protection, better AA and faster reload. 

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,715 posts
4,502 battles

Pennsylvania would be the Tier 6 line ship, California refit would be a prem.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,149 posts
3,867 battles

We all know West Virginia will be a nerfed A-hull Colorado sold in tier 6 in a misguided attempt to create "unique gameplay".

Probably with torpedoes. And worse armor than New Mexico.

Edited by KiyoSenkan

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

We all know West Virginia will be a nerfed A-hull Colorado sold in tier 6 in a misguided attempt to create "unique gameplay".

Only if she was Japanese.  Not a problem for the USN.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,149 posts
3,867 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

Only if she was Japanese.  Not a problem for the USN.

No reason they can't spread the "love".

[KP]
Members
1,994 posts
18,368 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

They didn't want to include the Nevada because her AA would be obscene for tier 5. I mean, she's carrying almost as much secondary armament as an Iowa right here:

1200px-Uss_nevada.jpg

... which is still a stupid reason not to do it. I expect most of these ships (but not WV) in the second American battleship tree, with California being the tier 6, and Nevada (possibly in pre-war form) as the tier 5. 

Too bad she is so slow. She is sexy AF in the late war build.

• Cool 1

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles
14 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Too bad she is so slow. She is sexy AF in the late war build.

Yeah, there is no way she makes it into the game like that... I mean, maybe you could somehow slot her into tier 6, but the AA is still bonkers for that level, while the gun power is anemic. That's the problem with using these metrics to determine where to slot ships in a video game - they start to break down almost immediately.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
5 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Why. AAA COlorado is really at the peak of acceptable levels of AA at her tier, and really New Mex whilst not at the peak of acceptable isn't far off the peak. And that goes double under the old AAA system where the 40mm bofors was just mental compared to now.

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

"Please don't give the mercs tactical advice!" —LTCMDR Shepard to Liara

Don't give WG any ideas like that...they might just do it.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,149 posts
3,867 battles
22 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

"Please don't give the mercs tactical advice!" —LTCMDR Shepard to Liara

Don't give WG any ideas like that...they might just do it.

I can't give them an idea they already have.

Beta Testers
294 posts
3,771 battles
3 hours ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

1200px-Uss_nevada.jpg

While I'm not certain how her 20mm and 40mm fit compares, but her 5"/38 fit is the same as for the South Dakota with the same directors IIRC.  This would be way overpowered for T5 but might be sufficient to bring Nevada to T6 despite her main armament.

[SVF]
Members
855 posts
1,277 battles
4 hours ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

One potential balancing factor might be to implement her 127mm/38 suite as secondaries only, not DP guns.  I'll admit it may not be a viable idea though.

Beta Testers
294 posts
3,771 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

Why. AAA COlorado is really at the peak of acceptable levels of AA at her tier, and really New Mex whilst not at the peak of acceptable isn't far off the peak. And that goes double under the old AAA system where the 40mm bofors was just mental compared to now.

IIRC all of the Pearl Harbor survivors came out of their post attack "rebuilds" (better term than "refit" in this case IMHO) with what we would consider "insane" levels of secondary and AAA armaments with several ships being stripped of superstructure to the main deck and the old structure replaced with structure and secondary armament very like the SODAK class ships along with much of the newer class' electronics fit and updated rangefinders.  One historian wrote that, "low speed excepted, these ships became modern battleships."

I like the idea of Nevada being brought into the game, I sort of have a soft spot for this tough old broad.  The only BB to get underway during the Pearl Harbor attack, saw action in the Atlantic and Med after her post Pearl overhaul, played an important role at Normandy by dueling with German shore batteries and shelling a number of important targets.  Later took part in the Okinawa campaign and the surrender of Japan.  Survived not one but two atomic bomb tests at Bikini.  She was supposed to be the "Ground Zero" target ship for the first test but the cross eyed B-29 bombardier missed that big ORANGE target ship by several hundred yards.  (Now THERE is a camo scheme for you!)  After the tests she was towed to Pearl and drydocked for examination and finally towed back out to sea where she became a target ship for gunnery and air attack exercises.  She soaked up damage rivaling that which is supposed to have sunk Bismarck.

• Cool 1

[TF-64]
Members
364 posts
12,579 battles

Maryland should have been the COs final form in game. Had the war continued, the Colorado would have also received that upgrade. The WV would make an awesome T7 premium. The Tennessee or California would make a great T6 premium since iirc they both received identical rebuilds from the damage. But that is my opinion on these ships. With the WV first salvo'ing the Yamishiro at over 20KM and the Tennessee and California joined in the firing shortly after. Not sure which to choose between the TN and CA though. 

Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles
On 1/31/2018 at 6:09 PM, Auriana said:

USS West Virginia-1944--The 3 ships looked nearly the same but I think it would be cool to have them in the game

VH-USS+California-21.jpg?format=750w

55700361ed4bc.jpg

014895.gif

A second USN BB line one or two of them will be used for along with other battleship classes not yet in game. Ask during warships live you'll get a dodge. When you think about it then it makes a whole lot of sense speed boost is entering in on French BB's and will likely be in us for a USN BB split for a slow and fast battleship line. If one does some google searching you'll see a few forum threads and reddit posts talking about this. Best way to prove this is to ask during their warships live or by posting on their wall. usually when they don't respond ohh maybe in the future then it means can't talk now. You'd be surprised about what multiple people asking for something does.

Sign in to follow this