You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

Setting up my new Roon ?

8 comments in this topic

[-V1-]
Members
156 posts
5,687 battles

Just got the Roon yesterday and i am having some issues on setting her up. Not sure why but there seems to be a few ways of going with this setup.

At the moment my mods are

Main Arms Mod 1

Damage control system Mod 1

Secondary Battery Mod 2

Steering Gears Mod 2

Concealment Systems Mod 1.....Questionable at the moment ?

Secondary Battery Mod 3

One does not see many carriers in the higher tiers so i am not really giving much thought to that type of build.

I have seen something about a double rudder option....Though not sure what it is

My Cap picks at the moment...Moved my Hipper Capt to the Roon and it is at 13 points.

Priority Target and Preventive Maint.....(1 pt each)

High Alert and Adrenaline Rush... 2 points each for a total of 4 points

Demo Expert....3 points

Concealment....4 points

Thoughts? If i am questioning the Concealment Systems Mod 1 at the moment the thought of that is causing me to change my capt 4 points from Concealment to Superintendent.....Though i still dont know where that double rudder fits in.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

On my Hindenburg I use:

PT

EM > AR

DE > SI

CE > RL*

*not worth it, but no real better options for the last 4 points imo.

I do run the concealment mod and reload mod, Hindenburg doesn't dodge well enough inside 16km to justify the rudder mod, and with your hydro the TAS is redundant and hurts your stealth.

Members
65 posts
2,055 battles

On the captain I run:

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, Demolition Expert, Concealment Expert and will add Adrenaline Rush when I get the points

I had to re-spec my Hipper captain to get super intendant as I wanted that extra heal for those rounds when you eat a nasty citadel, that extra heal can keep you shooting.

I run the reload boost on the main guns to get off rounds every 8.7 seconds and I run double rudder so she can WASD really well.

For me its a toss up between double rudder or the concealment. With CE captain and concealment mod your spotting gets down to 11.4 KM or so which is not bad, not Zao or Ibuki good but its not bad. Noticed she was a bit sluggish on the turns though when kiting so moved to double rudder and she responds really nice but spotting is north of 12km now.

Running double rudder for now though as I am pretty happy with it.  If I make any change to her it will be to swap rudder for concealment mod.

I would rather have superintendent than DE if I didn't have the points for both...... As the Roon's volume of fire will offset the slightly lower fire chance....  But that extra heal can be the difference between surviving late in the game or being sunk. Just my opinion....

Edited by Jason082278

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,336 posts
11,487 battles
1 hour ago, Jason082278 said:

On the captain I run:

Priority Target, Expert Marksman, Superintendent, Demolition Expert, Concealment Expert and will add Adrenaline Rush when I get the points

I had to re-spec my Hipper captain to get super intendant as I wanted that extra heal for those rounds when you eat a nasty citadel, that extra heal can keep you shooting.

I run the reload boost on the main guns to get off rounds every 8.7 seconds and I run double rudder so she can WASD really well.

For me its a toss up between double rudder or the concealment. With CE captain and concealment mod your spotting gets down to 11.4 KM or so which is not bad, not Zao or Ibuki good but its not bad. Noticed she was a bit sluggish on the turns though when kiting so moved to double rudder and she responds really nice but spotting is north of 12km now.

Running double rudder for now though as I am pretty happy with it.  If I make any change to her it will be to swap rudder for concealment mod.

I would rather have superintendent than DE if I didn't have the points for both...... As the Roon's volume of fire will offset the slightly lower fire chance....  But that extra heal can be the difference between surviving late in the game or being sunk. Just my opinion....

This....

Although if you opt for range, then you wouldn't need double rudder.

Being able to dodge or angle last minute to bounce shells is a huge bonus.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

My Roon has run, PT, AR, SI, CE, and AFT.

For upgrades she has Spotter plane mod 1, Damage control system mod 1, aiming systems mod 1, steering gears mod 2, concealment systems mod 1, and main battery mod 3.

And I have spotter plane and DFAA.

[-V1-]
Members
156 posts
5,687 battles

ok.....You guys know a lot more than i when it comes to know what these options mean.....(What is this double rudder actually named) ?

As far as range goes.....Do i have the setup that gives me the longest range at the moment ?

Members
65 posts
2,055 battles

Double rudder means you have steering gears modification2  in Slot 4 which gives -20% to rudder shift time and Steering gears modification3 in slot 5 which gives -40% to rudder shift time. Putting Rudder Mod 3 on means you cant run concealment Mod so its a trade off of as to whether you want the ship to respond quicker to helm commands or be more stealthy. Double rudder makes the ship respond very quickly which is useful when dodging incoming shells or torpedoes. 

As range goes you need to have Gun Fire Control Systems Mod in slot 6 to bump out your range by 16%. The gun arcs on the Roon are good but hitting at 18km+ might be tough unless you are firing at a bow tanking BB which is why I run Main Battery Mod in slot 6 so shes slinging shells every 8.7 seconds.

If you wanna spec for max range I would run Aiming System Mod in slot three ... as speccing for max range and bumping your secondarys seems counter intuitive.... IF you wanna fire from long range you need the extra accuracy so you can get as many rounds to land on target as possible.... Just my advice....