Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Credits and XP

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

165
[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

I play Premium, always have.  It seems to me that the credits expended to play a random match increase on a rising scale as the tier increases ( not quite exponential) and that really make it prohibitive to play or advance to the end game.

All my Premium tier 6-8 boats make bank and all my tech. tree boats up to tier 8 make money but it gets a bit slim.  WG should rethink their paradigm model on revenue.  If I play and lose credits I'll be done with this.  I think others might do as well.  Why would I labor to get to the end game if I lose credits?  This is how the end game in many existing FTP or MMORPG economies lose players.  I know that I increase my chances of staying in the positive of my balance sheet if I play Premium, use signals, premium consumables and elite camo. , but not everyone will put out for these consumables.  Is there a better model?

images.png

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
740
[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,142 posts
1,641 battles

The goal of the game is not to earn credits.

The economy is, supposedly, balanced in such a way that you cannot simply play Tier X matches.  That you need to drop back to earlier tiers to make credits to fund the Tier IX and X matches.  Supposedly. 

Since the economic system was redone it seems excessively easy to earn money even at the top.  Then they added Missouri.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,942
[PVE]
Members
8,802 posts
7,241 battles
7 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I play Premium, always have.  It seems to me that the credits expended to play a random match increase on a rising scale as the tier increases ( not quite exponential) and that really make it prohibitive to play or advance to the end game.

All my Premium tier 6-8 boats make bank and all my tech. tree boats up to tier 8 make money but it gets a bit slim.  WG should rethink their paradigm model on revenue.  If I play and lose credits I'll be done with this.  I think others might do as well.  Why would I labor to get to the end game if I lose credits?  This is how the end game in many existing FTP or MMORPG economies lose players.  I know that I increase my chances of staying in the positive of my balance sheet if I play Premium, use signals, premium consumables and elite camo. , but not everyone will put out for these consumables.  Is there a better model?

images.png

 

The flat fee based on tier is better than what was done in the past. The repair fee varied from ship to ship and the more damage that you received, the more you paid. If you sank, you paid even more. People would play a great match and win, but sink. They would usually lose credits in a T10 match.

 

So the repair fee was changed to a flat service fee based on tier.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

 

With perma-camo, flags and the clan bonuses, it is much harder to lose credits for a good game now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
397
[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Use a premium account (you do this)

Join a clan that has invested in reducing ship costs (you're in a clan)

If you have a high tier ship you use a lot, consider buying the permanent camo (you've got a premium account and premium ships, so you're not opposed to spending some money)

Use your daily crates on signal flags.  Save the economy ones for your highest tier ships.

 

If you do all this, you will very rarely lose credits on a T10 game, even if you're paying for premium consumables. I've only bought one permanent camo, for my Gearing, and it's absolutely a moneymaker.  Usually net 100k+ credits per game, unless I do something really stupid.

Edited by Brhinosaurus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
586
[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles
2 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I've only bought one permanent camo, for my Gearing, and it's absolutely a moneymaker.  Usually net 100k+ credits per game, unless I do something really stupid.

I did the same. Don't regret it one bit, even if it is somewhat out-classed by other T10 DDs these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,287 posts
3,583 battles
27 minutes ago, Sinton said:

I play Premium, always have.  It seems to me that the credits expended to play a random match increase on a rising scale as the tier increases ( not quite exponential) and that really make it prohibitive to play or advance to the end game.

All my Premium tier 6-8 boats make bank and all my tech. tree boats up to tier 8 make money but it gets a bit slim.  WG should rethink their paradigm model on revenue.  If I play and lose credits I'll be done with this.  I think others might do as well.  Why would I labor to get to the end game if I lose credits?  This is how the end game in many existing FTP or MMORPG economies lose players.  I know that I increase my chances of staying in the positive of my balance sheet if I play Premium, use signals, premium consumables and elite camo. , but not everyone will put out for these consumables.  Is there a better model?

images.png

Imagine your same situation without signal flags , daily containers , and camos that is World of Tanks. This game is very generous to you in credits and xp progression I played over 7,000 battles in WOT and that only brought me up to a few tier 8's in comparison in World of Warships I have my first tier 10 and several ships at tiers 7 and 6 in 1,500+ battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
880
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Save your economic flags and such for T9 an T10. I don't play a premium account and I'm still making some money at T9.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

simple explanation:

you lose money when you are guaranteed top tier, then you go play ships where you might be bottom tier to earn the money back

 

of course all the prem acc/perm camo/miss/musa complicates things, but basic idea is still the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,553
Members
17,699 posts
5,084 battles
23 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Imagine your same situation without signal flags , daily containers , and camos that is World of Tanks. This game is very generous to you in credits and xp progression I played over 7,000 battles in WOT and that only brought me up to a few tier 8's in comparison in World of Warships I have my first tier 10 and several ships at tiers 7 and 6 in 1,500+ battles.

Same here. 12k battles (mostly free account) in WoT got me about 6 T8s and a pair of T9s. 5k battles here has the same, except I just replaced one T9 with a T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,582
[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
21 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Save your economic flags and such for T9 an T10. I don't play a premium account and I'm still making some money at T9.

Actually, I'd say, save your bonus credits flags for tier 7 or 8 or 9 premium ships, because those ships will be the best  credit earning ships, and therefore the bonus multiplier will generate larger amounts of credits than they would on non-premium ships.  If you have a Missouri (or the Musashi?), then definitely run the +20% credit bonus and +50% credit bonus Wyvern flags on it, because the amount of additional credits will be MUCH  greater!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

It's a free-to-play game, but the economy encourages serious players to contribute some money to the game. I can't really fault them for this. Pay up, or grind for credits a lot. A premium account and one good upper-tier premium battleship should do the trick. If it were too easy to spend nothing and gain credits, it wouldn't help WG make money. They even sell credits for cash, which I find rather funny. Patience, young Skywalker! A couple of good rounds, and I've made a ton of credits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
104 posts
1,936 battles

I will probably get bashed for saying this, but I honestly think it's a bit too easy to make money now. Especially with the missouri. It's very seldom that I'm short on credits.

I was weird and kinda liked after clan wars we would all drop down to tier 8 groups and grind the credits we lost on tanks.

But then again I guess I can't talk much on here as I do have missouri and premium time. So even if I'm just casually playing it. I'll make 700k per battle after all expenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
5 minutes ago, psycho_god said:

I will probably get bashed for saying this, but I honestly think it's a bit too easy to make money now. Especially with the missouri. It's very seldom that I'm short on credits.

I was weird and kinda liked after clan wars we would all drop down to tier 8 groups and grind the credits we lost on tanks.

But then again I guess I can't talk much on here as I do have missouri and premium time. So even if I'm just casually playing it. I'll make 700k per battle after all expenses.

No bashing from me man. More power to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,479
[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles
36 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Save your economic flags and such for T9 an T10. I don't play a premium account and I'm still making some money at T9.

I anxiously await Ranked season, not because I have any notions of ever ranking out but because I know that I can make it to rank 10 (which I've done the past three seasons) and get that 10% cost-reduction flag. When I get the flag, I mount it on my Fletcher and play the heck out of it until Ranked is over. Without the flag, as you have said, signals and clan benefits help.  Of course, if you have both Premium time and Premium camouflage then you don't have much to worry about economically, unless you also run a complete set of premium consumables. When I first got my Fletcher I lost money every time I took it out. However, once I started getting up near the top of the team in points I began to break even. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
5 minutes ago, psycho_god said:

I will probably get bashed for saying this, but I honestly think it's a bit too easy to make money now. Especially with the missouri. It's very seldom that I'm short on credits.

I was weird and kinda liked after clan wars we would all drop down to tier 8 groups and grind the credits we lost on tanks.

But then again I guess I can't talk much on here as I do have missouri and premium time. So even if I'm just casually playing it. I'll make 700k per battle after all expenses.

Or just have a good round in a pudly tier 5 tech tree ship. if you'll stop getting sunk in 60 seconds, credits shouldn't be a big problem. In this one, I make 220,000 credits.

t22.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,479
[PSP]
Members
6,037 posts
8,580 battles

OK, I just played a game in my Fletcher to show how you can make money even at high tiers without any premium or other economic enhancements. 

My clan is small and fairly inactive so we don't have any economic boosts yet for any nation (we only have an XP boost). Nor was I running any eco flags here. Furthermore, I was running type 1 camo (concealment only), which costs 7500 credits to re-supply. However, as you can see below, I came out positive (by quite a bit)  on credits, even thought I was on the losing team.

Interestingly, the ribbons show I sank only two ships but I actually sank 3. The last one was a Witherer just as the game ended and was not counted as a ribbon.

shot-18_01.31_15_22.45-0952.thumb.jpg.feabf4ac7b1972300c1b1b7ab391bf3d.jpg

  

Edited by Snargfargle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,942
[PVE]
Members
8,802 posts
7,241 battles
30 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

It's a free-to-play game, but the economy encourages serious players to contribute some money to the game. I can't really fault them for this. Pay up, or grind for credits a lot. A premium account and one good upper-tier premium battleship should do the trick. If it were too easy to spend nothing and gain credits, it wouldn't help WG make money. They even sell credits for cash, which I find rather funny. Patience, young Skywalker! A couple of good rounds, and I've made a ton of credits.

 

This is why most of the PvE mains tell the people that want the PvE payout to be the same as PvP, that PvE is good the way it is now. I think that they have got PvE XP and credits to the point, where you can play for free by grinding lower tier PvE for credits, but buying premium time to play PvE makes playing PvE worth it. Yes, I know I can play PvP and make even more XP and credits even if I suck at it. See my New Orleans 38.7% WR for exactly that. But I got Baltimore in a month or so, instead of six months or so in PvE. I didn't enjoy playing New Orleans that way and I'm sure my teams were not happy either, but I'm working on Yamamoto and I also wanted to get ready for the US cruiser split.

 

29 minutes ago, psycho_god said:

I will probably get bashed for saying this, but I honestly think it's a bit too easy to make money now. Especially with the missouri. It's very seldom that I'm short on credits.

I was weird and kinda liked after clan wars we would all drop down to tier 8 groups and grind the credits we lost on tanks.

But then again I guess I can't talk much on here as I do have missouri and premium time. So even if I'm just casually playing it. I'll make 700k per battle after all expenses.

 

Well, for the people that like to keep all of the ships, you can be perpetually short of credits doing that when you get to the higher tiers. I like what they are doing and dream someday of reaching 100M credits. I've been over 30M once.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×