Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SavageTactical

ARP captain duplicates Idea

14 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Beta Testers
932 posts
8,737 battles

Someone started a thread a few weeks ago saying WG was going to allow players to dismiss duplicate ARP captains. Instead of dismissing them, I’d recommend doing one of the following:

1.) Combine the net experience of the two duplicates into one commander. Most of us received a 10 pt and 6 pt duplicate ARP commander. It take 37k xp to earn 6 Point commander. Add that 37k to the higher skilled CC. If the person has earned more XP on those CC, take the net xp earned from the lowest on and add it to the higher one. If the commander exceeeds 19 points turn the excess into elite CC xp.

This was my original idea. I realize this probably would be difficult to program, and not everyone would want to do this. So I propose option two.

2.) Add an option to the game that allows you to “liquidate” a commander and convert all of their xp they’ve earned to elite CC xp. This should be easier to program in, and allows people who want to keep the duplicates if they choose.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles

In some games, combining duplicates acts as a "limit break"

Imagine feeding a dupe captain to another one to increase their level cap past 19. :fish_cute_2:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,385 battles

I would love to be able to move all the captain XP on my useless 3-6 point captains to somewhere useful... but sadly I kind of think WG isn't going to allow us to do that anytime soon.

That being said, they are going to let you dismiss the spare ARP commanders soon, so there's that.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles
3 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I would love to be able to move all the captain XP on my useless 3-6 point captains to somewhere useful... but sadly I kind of think WG isn't going to allow us to do that anytime soon.

That being said, they are going to let you dismiss the spare ARP commanders soon, so there's that.

A compromise could be to move XP from dismissed commanders into the Elite XP pool.

Would certainly make grinding it less of a chore.

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles

I found a mod that let me take all the whining voiced Japanese anime captains and put them on real ships as servants. Then I put real captains into the ships. Was also able to strip the neon lighting off the ships and lit up the officers party barge with it.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles
26 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I found a mod that let me take all the whining voiced Japanese anime captains and put them on real ships as servants. Then I put real captains into the ships. Was also able to strip the neon lighting off the ships and lit up the officers party barge with it.

Something about the way you worded this is offputtingly 1950s.

In the bad way.

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles
1 hour ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Something about the way you worded this is offputtingly 1950s

LOL. Not even close. Just not a big anime fan. I actually do think the ships look cool though.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles
5 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

LOL. Not even close. Just not a big anime fan. I actually do think the ships look cool though.

It was the "Took strong, independent female characters and imagined forcing them into subservient roles" comment, I think.

Members
2,748 posts
6,227 battles
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It was the "Took strong, independent female characters and imagined forcing them into subservient roles" comment, I think.

No I didn't force them, they volunteered.

Members
2,375 posts
2,168 battles

Yes, we go the way of those phone games and let one consume the other to become the stronger captain. Its like cannibalism but beneficial.   

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,138 posts
3,867 battles
9 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Yes, we go the way of those phone games and let one consume the other to become the stronger captain. Its like cannibalism but beneficial.   

NDvPZZq.gif

"I could use some more--"

"Don't eat yourself!"

[-DZ-]
Members
171 posts
7,090 battles

I have young Japanese schoolgirls captaining most of my newer Japanese ships. Even the 6-pointers have a head start over getting a new captain. 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,251 posts
24,662 battles
4 hours ago, KiyoSenkan said:

A compromise could be to move XP from dismissed commanders into the Elite XP pool.

Would certainly make grinding it less of a chore.

Makes too much sense.

Therefore WG will not implement it.

Members
1,228 posts
20,563 battles

I've still got a bunch of these with 10 points built in that I haven't used yet, so they're good to have around.  They'll work fine on any more IJN ships I get. You only need a couple for the ARP ships because you can switch ships without the retraining penalty.

Sign in to follow this