You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

With HSF Camo for Yamato, I now regret getting Musashi...

20 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles

The HSF camo for Yamato is inferior to its premium camo in that it loses the +20% credit boost and +100% xp bonus.

The HSF Musashi camo gets all the bonuses of a premium tier 9 camo plus the +50% commander xp.

[W-P-E]
Members
458 posts
2 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

The HSF camo for Yamato is inferior to its premium camo in that it loses the +20% credit boost and +100% xp bonus.

The HSF Musashi camo gets all the bonuses of a premium tier 9 camo plus the +50% commander xp.

7 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

I don't think the Yamato herself has the hidden money printer...

anything make yamato free to play is good enough for me.

Members
191 posts

These are it's bonuses, i like the 50% reduced repair cost.

Any skin that can be applied for free to a tech ship is always good IMO, hope they release a lot more of them.

yamato-camo.png

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,570 posts
3,740 battles
3 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

anything make yamato free to play is good enough for me.

While the HSF Yamato camo offers -50% service cost, the premium camo with that same -50% cost and +20% credit boost is better and often times offsets the cost of ammo used which can get rather expensive depending how many shells you fired.

• Cool 1

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
36 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

How do you think?

Not at all, because I don't have and don't particularly want Yamato.

[YAN]
Members
1,637 posts
7,464 battles
40 minutes ago, USSRichardNixon said:

How do you think?

Why? Musashi and Yamato are different ships.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,427 battles
42 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

I don't think the Yamato herself has the hidden money printer...

That's what I would think too. You put camo on Yammy to not lose money, you put camo on the Musashi to make more money.

9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Good to see you back EP :Smile_honoring:

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

If you own the Missouri, the HSF camo for the Yamato makes the Musashi redundant.  Playing a gimped Yamato that sees some tier 7 ships isn't enough of a reason to get it if you already own the Missouri and the Yamato.  I think the HSF camo for the Yamato is a very nice gift from WG, and should silence a lot of the people that accuse WG of extreme greed.  Of course it won't silence them, but a person can hope ......

Edit:  Of course for ship collectors and completionists, the Musashi is a must have.  I thought I better include this before that gets brought up again. :Smile_veryhappy:

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
23 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

If you own the Missouri, the HSF camo for the Yamato makes the Musashi redundant.  Playing a gimped Yamato that sees some tier 7 ships isn't enough of a reason to get it if you already own the Missouri and the Yamato.  I think the HSF camo for the Yamato is a very nice gift from WG, and should silence a lot of the people that accuse WG of extreme greed.  Of course it won't silence them, but a person can hope ......

Edit:  Of course for ship collectors and completionists, the Musashi is a must have.  I thought I better include this before that gets brought up again. :Smile_veryhappy:

I own Yamato with Type 20 premium camouflage, and now I also own the inferior HSF camo for it as well.  I also own Missouri.  Yamato and Missouri are my two most played ships, I also have over 100 games with Musashi in randoms (I have HSF camo on Musashi).

Musashi, for all intents and purposes, is a Yamato with softer MM.  It makes a ton of elite captain XP, and deals same damage as Yamato.  It's totally worth it, whether you have Yamato with whatever camo, or not.

Edited by Ramsalot

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

It's a good ship, but I see no reason to buy it if I already own the Missouri and can get the HSF camo for the Yamato.  I'd rather spend the free xp I have saved up ( 525K ) to speed through the Izumo grind.....

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,234 battles

Already have Musashi, so I'm not concerned with comparing the two camo options. Keeping both ships with their IJN camos.

[SF-3]
Members
1,450 posts
7,929 battles
1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's a good ship, but I see no reason to buy it if I already own the Missouri and can get the HSF camo for the Yamato.  I'd rather spend the free xp I have saved up ( 525K ) to speed through the Izumo grind.....

what ever do you mean? grumble 100k exp worth of hull upgrades, grumble another 250k to Yammy, grumble 1.8 dispersion...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,462 posts
10,194 battles
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

While the HSF Yamato camo offers -50% service cost, the premium camo with that same -50% cost and +20% credit boost is better and often times offsets the cost of ammo used which can get rather expensive depending how many shells you fired.

Yup. The +20% in credits helps a lot with the ammo which can be a big expense if you shoot a lot.

Also not sure what the OP means by regretting getting Musashi because he got the HSF Yamato camo? I don;t get the point?

Members
1,785 posts
8,123 battles
2 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

Well if you have both Camos you should be able to use the HSF Camo and receive the Premium bonuses. One was paid for the other one was earned, why restrict players from using something WG has invested resources in.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,110 posts
9,224 battles

Musashi deleting a Belfast is priceless. Never get to do that in a Yamato regardless of what camo you have.

Members
8,075 posts
17,032 battles
9 minutes ago, paradat said:

Musashi deleting a Belfast is priceless. Never get to do that in a Yamato regardless of what camo you have.

Most recent similar thing for me was crushing Neptunes and Eddys with my Alabama...

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles
6 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

I had heard Yamato got the +20% credits plus +100% Free XP in battle