Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Labedoyere

LittleWhiteMouse review of ships that ARE NOT Prems ?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

6
[-V1-]
Members
156 posts
5,659 battles

I thought i saw and bookmarked a page that has a list of ships she reviewed that are not prems. If there is such a page could someone please post a link to it ?

 

Thank You

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,318
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,475 posts
6,653 battles

Very few of the CCs spend time reviewing the tech tree ships, Mouse is no exception. But, to be fair, the effort in reviewing a tech tree ship is equal to that of a premium, but the audience is much smaller (less hype per ship). Some non-CCs do great work in filling in this gap, search for content by @UrPeaceKeeper, for one example, here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g/playlists.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,695
[YORHA]
Members
3,245 posts
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

Very few of the CCs spend time reviewing the tech tree ships, Mouse is no exception. But, to be fair, the effort in reviewing a tech tree ship is equal to that of a premium, but the audience is much smaller (less hype per ship). Some non-CCs do great work in filling in this gap, search for content by @UrPeaceKeeper, for one example, here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g/playlists.

 

Of all the Youtubers I find him to be overall the best.  He gives fantastic background to the ships and then shows game play videos afterwards. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,425
[5BS]
Members
4,490 posts
8 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

Very few of the CCs spend time reviewing the tech tree ships, Mouse is no exception. But, to be fair, the effort in reviewing a tech tree ship is equal to that of a premium, but the audience is much smaller (less hype per ship). Some non-CCs do great work in filling in this gap, search for content by @UrPeaceKeeper, for one example, here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g/playlists.

She's done a few though; Bismarck and Iowa stand out in memory, but she also does the short angryyoutube reviews of new lines now which more or less hit the nail on the head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,449
[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

With the amount of time she spends on each review (20+ hours), maintaining a job, a social life and things like sleeping, and the rate at which WG releases premiums, she simply doesn't have the time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
95 posts
4,482 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

With the amount of time she spends on each review (20+ hours), maintaining a job, a social life and things like sleeping, and the rate at which WG releases premiums, she simply doesn't have the time.

Don't forget that the amount of time and with you helping sometimes lert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,449
[HINON]
Supertester
18,912 posts
12,446 battles

I know she has done Iowa, Bogatyr, Gneisenau and Bismarck. My memory fails me trying to remember if she's done any more.

Iowa has since been buffed; her citadel lowered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
343
[ZIPPO]
Members
1,522 posts
3,514 battles

I have done most of the tech tree BBs up to T6, just search my topic history

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[-V1-]
Members
156 posts
5,659 battles

Lert....I was not asking or even hinting at all that she spend any time at all adding to the information she already puts out.  That would be so rude on my part......There was a link that i had bookmarked that have a list of ships that were not prems and there was a lyper texed link to the options. That is what i am looking for. A shout out to Littlewhitemouse.....I am not and would not ask for more or added data from you .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,638
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,046 posts
7,611 battles

I would love to review tech tree ships.  I spent the early part of 2017 trying to figure out, logistically, how I could make that work given the slow release schedule that occurred in the early months of that year.  Instead, I opted to put time into working on uncovering mechanics, such as a ship's rate of turn, detonation mechanics, module damage, HE and AP penetration mechanics and (towards the end of 2017), battleship shell dispersion.  It's still a fond wish to tackle reviews of tech tree ships but as Lert described, it's a question of time and concerns about the articles being unable to stay current.

Unlike premium ships, tech tree ships change more regularly.  It's not often, I will grant you, but it's often enough that if people were hoping my tech tree reviews would be a solid information resource, I couldn't guarantee its accuracy.  There's no way I would have the time to keep a library of tech-tree ship reviews up to date with changes.  To give you an idea, the wiki-staff has 13 members and they're kept very busy.  I'm just little ol' me (with Lert in reserve).  So putting out those reviews would have to be considered more of a snapshot of the ship in the meta in which it existed rather than a lasting resource.

This doesn't preclude me from making attempts to do so in the future.  Who knows?  Maybe I'll have enough financial support in the future to be able to tackle this full-time.  I have promised my high tier patrons on Patreon that they get to pick ANY ship for me to review of their choice, regardless if it's a tech tree ship or not. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
1 hour ago, Labedoyere said:

I thought i saw and bookmarked a page that has a list of ships she reviewed that are not prems. If there is such a page could someone please post a link to it ?

 

Thank You

 

He's WG's PR person, so why would he doing sales job for things that are not for sale?

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
[GRFOX]
Members
2,210 posts
4,521 battles

It should also be noted premiums once released aren’t changed much if ever. 

Tech tree ships are pretty regularly changed. So reviewing those would be a nightmare of updating constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[STW-M]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,488 battles
On 1/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, nuttybiscuit said:

Very few of the CCs spend time reviewing the tech tree ships, Mouse is no exception. But, to be fair, the effort in reviewing a tech tree ship is equal to that of a premium, but the audience is much smaller (less hype per ship). Some non-CCs do great work in filling in this gap, search for content by @UrPeaceKeeper, for one example, here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCRnJcVb_CGvKHAOsHNd2g/playlists.

 

On 1/31/2018 at 11:08 AM, JCC45 said:

 

Of all the Youtubers I find him to be overall the best.  He gives fantastic background to the ships and then shows game play videos afterwards. 

 

Thanks guys!  I put in a lot of work and effort into the How to Play series and it pains me to think about what will happen when I run out of lines! =O  I'll probably go back and redo some of the lower quality videos (German BB's are getting a bit dated, as are the USN DD's and a few of the other early lines)!  I'm just glad people are finding the content useful! :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
2 minutes ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

Thanks guys!  I put in a lot of work and effort into the How to Play series and it pains me to think about what will happen when I run out of lines! =O  I'll probably go back and redo some of the lower quality videos (German BB's are getting a bit dated, as are the USN DD's and a few of the other early lines)!  I'm just glad people are finding the content useful! :)

Very useful, I go to your video everytime I try/start out a line. They have helped so much, I would not know what to do if you STOPPED posting them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,949
[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
On 1/31/2018 at 1:00 PM, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Who knows?  Maybe I'll have enough financial support in the future to be able to tackle this full-time.  I have promised my high tier patrons on Patreon that they get to pick ANY ship for me to review of their choice, regardless if it's a tech tree ship or not. 

 

Which reminds me I need to find the card I use for internet purchasing so I can become a Gudbote. Thanks for all you do and with @Lert super testing, it is sad not to see him in his box in the new reviews.

 

20 minutes ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

 

 

Thanks guys!  I put in a lot of work and effort into the How to Play series and it pains me to think about what will happen when I run out of lines! =O  I'll probably go back and redo some of the lower quality videos (German BB's are getting a bit dated, as are the USN DD's and a few of the other early lines)!  I'm just glad people are finding the content useful! :)

 

Oh yeah, I'm behind on catching up on your videos. I miss having two screens, so that I could work on things in port while watching your videos. Hope you got something cool in the Santa Crates.

 

15 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Very useful, I go to your video everytime I try/start out a line. They have helped so much, I would not know what to do if you STOPPED posting them. 

 

That would be a sad day if either ran out of content or burned out.

im-not-crying-my-eyes-are-leaking.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[STW-M]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,488 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah, I'm behind on catching up on your videos. I miss having two screens, so that I could work on things in port while watching your videos. Hope you got something cool in the Santa Crates.

 

That would be a sad day if either ran out of content or burned out.

Santa was good to me this year... I got every ship you could get out of the crates that I didn't already have, including all of the unobtainables (Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kutuzov... already had Koenig Albert).  There will be plenty of review of premium ships coming in the future but you can only watch so many Epic Battle Replays, and Premium Ship Reviews before things get repetitive! :)  The need for more varied content on my channel has existed for a while but time is plenty limited! :P

It's hard to say what will happen, obviously I have content for a while, certainly long enough for new lines to come out, so there is more, but WG will have to step up the release dates of ship lines or I'll catch up and have them all unlocked! :)  It'll be a while before we run out of content, burn out is a much higher threat but I'm actively taking steps to minimize it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That would be a sad day if either ran out of content or burned out.

Yes I agree, and @LittleWhiteMouse has even given me PM advice on my HSF Graf Spee. I mean she works on her stuff so much and so hard I was just amazed she took the time to help.

And also @NoZoupForYou, he has answered me on Twitter with my questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,949
[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
16 minutes ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

Santa was good to me this year... I got every ship you could get out of the crates that I didn't already have, including all of the unobtainables (Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kutuzov... already had Koenig Albert).  There will be plenty of review of premium ships coming in the future but you can only watch so many Epic Battle Replays, and Premium Ship Reviews before things get repetitive! :)  The need for more varied content on my channel has existed for a while but time is plenty limited! :P

It's hard to say what will happen, obviously I have content for a while, certainly long enough for new lines to come out, so there is more, but WG will have to step up the release dates of ship lines or I'll catch up and have them all unlocked! :)  It'll be a while before we run out of content, burn out is a much higher threat but I'm actively taking steps to minimize it!

 

Thank god you have a plan in place, I did earlier in this thread and  I don't want her crying on to her reviews, and thank you again for your videos. :)

 

13 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yes I agree, and @LittleWhiteMouse has even given me PM advice on my HSF Graf Spee. I mean she works on her stuff so much and so hard I was just amazed she took the time to help.

And also @NoZoupForYou, he has answered me on Twitter with my questions.

Zoup is great to along with a few others, but my WoWs time is already filled. I need another 8 or so hours in the day.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
507
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Which reminds me I need to find the card I use for internet purchasing so I can become a Gudbote. Thanks for all you do and with @Lert super testing, it is sad not to see him in his box in the new reviews.

 

 

Heh so i'm not the only person to do that :D. Also me sad i can't justify support mouse atm. Hope to be able to get round to it in the future though :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,949
[PVE]
Members
8,837 posts
7,257 battles
13 minutes ago, Carl said:

 

Heh so i'm not the only person to do that :D. Also me sad i can't justify support mouse atm. Hope to be able to get round to it in the future though :).

 

I did something at Christmas, but I want to do more. Working on the presentation for the spousal overunit. Good thing she likes supporting people who sacrifice for others like LWM is doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
687 posts
3,667 battles
7 hours ago, UrPeaceKeeper said:

Thanks guys!  I put in a lot of work and effort into the How to Play series and it pains me to think about what will happen when I run out of lines! =O  I'll probably go back and redo some of the lower quality videos (German BB's are getting a bit dated, as are the USN DD's and a few of the other early lines)!  I'm just glad people are finding the content useful! :)

@UrPeaceKeeper , I too have enjoyed and found your YouTube channel very helpful.  Especially so, as there are a bunch of videos out there for the higher tier ships, and few for the low tier vessels that new players need help with.  You might consider setting up a Patreon page like @LittleWhiteMouse, and others.  I don't really know what that takes to set up, but it's easy for me to contribute a few bucks a month give back to contributors for all their hard work (wish it could be more, but academic salaries...).   Beats just subscribing for support.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
504
[STW-M]
Supertester
1,453 posts
5,488 battles
18 hours ago, surratus said:

@UrPeaceKeeper , I too have enjoyed and found your YouTube channel very helpful.  Especially so, as there are a bunch of videos out there for the higher tier ships, and few for the low tier vessels that new players need help with.  You might consider setting up a Patreon page like @LittleWhiteMouse, and others.  I don't really know what that takes to set up, but it's easy for me to contribute a few bucks a month give back to contributors for all their hard work (wish it could be more, but academic salaries...).   Beats just subscribing for support.

@surratus, I actually don't do this for the money, which is why I don't have and probably will never have a Patreon page!  I do appreciate people's donations during live streams and if you'd like to donate, I do have a donation page through StreamLabs (https://streamlabs.com/whiskey11gaming) or if you would rather a small monthly fee, YT offers a "Sponsor" program for like $5 a month or so that you can set how long you sponsor for, etc.  I just want to reiterate though that I DO NOT do this for the money and while donations are appreciated, you wont hear me asking for them and they are NOT expected or necessary! :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×