You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

Bonjour Monsieur Charles Martel. Bienvenue à la flotte de AdmiralThunder .

26 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles

So finished up Algerie which was a lot of fun and unlocked Charles Martel. Hope it is just as fun although seeing T10 = :Smile_hiding: LOL. I assume it plays similar to Algerie? Seems to be very similar stat wise. Have watched a few vid's and will a few more but figured would check in to see what others think.

Went with a pretty standard build. Used SGM1 again as so far every French Cruiser has needed it.

Slots...

1. MAM1
  2. SGM1
  3. ASM1
  4. SGM2
  5. CSM1

Hope I enjoy it as much as I have Algerie.

dRMN1ed.jpg

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles

Great ship.  I found Algerie solid but unremarkable.  Charles Martel was where it started getting fun for me with the French cruiser line.  If you enjoy cruisers, you should enjoy it from here on out.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Great ship.  I found Algerie solid but unremarkable.  Charles Martel was where it started getting fun for me with the French cruiser line.  If you enjoy cruisers, you should enjoy it from here on out.

Thanks.

I play BB and Cruisers and like both.

I actually have liked the T3+ French Cruisers a lot other than T6 which I found lacking. I especially like the T4 and T7.

[-K-]
Members
5,075 posts
8,956 battles
26 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Thanks.

I play BB and Cruisers and like both.

I actually have liked the T3+ French Cruisers a lot other than T6 which I found lacking. I especially like the T4 and T7.

La Galissionaire was the one ship in the line that I just didn't mesh with.  One of only two ships in the game I have used Free XP to skip part of the grind.

[SPTR]
Members
25,657 posts
10,826 battles

They gradually get better from T7 and onwards. I had good memories when I grinded through the Charles Martel, you will enjoy if you keep the experiences from playing the Algerie in mind.

La Gal: OMG! why do you make me suffer! /×_\\

Algerie: fuuaaahhh...~(sighs in relief) thanks I needed the breather.../;^_\\

Charles Martel: heeyy, this is pretty good~! /^.\\

Saint Loui: it doesn't feel just good, Im more of a threat now mufufu. /^_\\

Henri IV:  floats like a DD, guns stings like a BB. Now you know where this is going.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
9 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Great news!

Still at Tier 6 on that line, so I am a ways from there.  Good to know it delivers.

Ugh the La Galissonniere.  Really the only one so far T3+ I just didn't like. Just seems to be lacking oomph. Once you get past it to Algerie though it gets really good. I liked Algerie a lot. 1st game and CM feel a lot like it. Like going from Konigsberg to Nurnberg. No real playstyle adjustment needed. Guns on both are fantastic. You should be happy once you get there.

1 hour ago, Rolkatsuki said:

They gradually get better from T7 and onwards. I had good memories when I grinded through the Charles Martel, you will enjoy if you keep the experiences from playing the Algerie in mind.

La Gal: OMG! why do you make me suffer! /×_\\

Algerie: fuuaaahhh...~(sighs in relief) thanks I needed the breather.../;^_\\

Charles Martel: heeyy, this is pretty good~! /^.\\

Saint Loui: it doesn't feel just good, Im more of a threat now mufufu. /^_\\

Henri IV:  floats like a DD, guns stings like a BB. Now you know where this is going.

Yup so far T7 and T8 feel similar enough to play the same. I sure felt at home in CM.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles

Martel is a really good upgrade from Algerie. I love both ship but unlike Algérie, Charles has less floaty arc and she don't need to show broadside to constantly deal damage.

You also have access to concealment mod, which allows you to basically go invisible when you need to and reposition yourself with speed boost. Stock the ship is meh but once you upgrade it, you can fight all tier ship that comes after you. I don't remember having a really bad time facing T10 since this ship has a great range and enough arc to shoot over island. 

Fire chance is also good. With 17%  fire chance (when you add Demo expert) and 10 sec reload you're an even better fire starter than Mogami.  Saint Louis is the best fire starter at her tier thanks to her reload mod.  AP is ok against everything that gives you broadside, nothing new here.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
8 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Martel is a really good upgrade from Algerie. I love both ship but unlike Algérie, Charles has less floaty arc and she don't need to show broadside to constantly deal damage.

You also have access to concealment mod, which allows you to basically go invisible when you need to and reposition yourself with speed boost. Stock the ship is meh but once you upgrade it, you can fight all tier ship that comes after you. I don't remember having a really bad time facing T10 since this ship has a great range and enough arc to shoot over island. 

Fire chance is also good. With 17%  fire chance (when you add Demo expert) and 10 sec reload you're an even better fire starter than Mogami.  Saint Louis is the best fire starter at her tier thanks to her reload mod.  AP is ok against everything that gives you broadside, nothing new here.

Yeah, mine is fully upgraded. I hate like heck to play stock ships so usually free xp the upgrades. Had enough to do CM. CSM1 helps too. Under 12km detection is nice.

My issue is having only a mid range Capt. Somehow I got to CM with just an 11pt Capt. Should at least be up around 14 pts by T8 which would let me add CE to the mix too. Need to run those Capt XP boost flags and get going LOL. Got 16-19 pt BB Capt's for my T8-T10 BB's but highest Cruiser Capt for me, despite having T8-T9 Cruisers, is 12 pts??? 

Not sure why I have such low pt Cruiser Capt's? Was going to say because I play Co-op and the payout is so much less BUT I have appropriate pt Capt's in my BB's? Weird? Maybe it is because I kept pilfering my lower tier Cruiser Capt's that had 8-10 pts when I would get a new higher tier BB and needed a Capt with decent points for the Capt reshuffle in BB's when I was playing them almost exclusively. Yup I think that is it. I remember stealing a 12pt Cleveland Capt for NC as I moved it's 14pt Capt to Iowa now that I think about it. 

Explains my US & BRN Cruiser Capt woes but not the French ones? Really strange?:Smile_amazed:

EDIT - just used some Elite Capt XP and Doubloons, to boost and respec, my CM Capt and added CE. Holy cow 10.5km detection. NICE! LOL

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles

I'm gonna sound like a party pooper here, but ...

I loved the Algerie.  Absolutely loved it.  Was able to do extremely well in her on a consistent basis.  

Now I'm up to the Martel, and I'm hating her, even fully upgraded.  Absolute, 100% loathing.  The thing loses her engines or rudders if you look at her the wrong way.  I had to invest in Last Stand just so that I didn't end up with semi-permanent rudder or engine losses, which was happening on a disgustingly common  basis!  Never had these problems in the Algerie!

The Algerie felt like an excellent cruiser for tier 7.  The Martel feels like a floatie in a pool.

[CVA16]
Members
2,174 posts
9,656 battles

I too liked the Algerie, which convince me to press on with the line. Although supposedly better ships, I have lousy WR in both CM and SL.

I have found the Algerie works fairly well in the current scenario too compared to my ARP Hagaro. Turrets on the latter are too damn slow when you are constantly changing targets.  Half the Torps  but more useable due to the angles. Now if I could just keep from perma-beaching myself...

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,466 battles

Just wondering, had any bots reported Admiral for bot clubbing in Co-Op?? surely by now, battle counted wise, Admiral must have millions reports against him from the bots.

Double dare you to take CM into random game, @AdmiralThunder

Also, earning the emblem from playing the t8-t10 !! <-- triple dare

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
18 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

Just wondering, had any bots reported Admiral for bot clubbing in Co-Op?? surely by now, battle counted wise, Admiral must have millions reports against him from the bots.

Double dare you to take CM into random game, @AdmiralThunder

Also, earning the emblem from playing the t8-t10 !! <-- triple dare

No thanks. I don't like PVP and don't play it (have played some just don't anymore). "IF" I were going to I wouldn't take w T8 ship after not playing in PVP in 6+ months. I would take a low tier ship and get used to it again. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,466 battles

you going to spend a fortune on camo/signals if you playing in Co-Op, your base XP is 590, with boost to 2000 'ish XP, man, I cant handle that little XP ever. I agreed that random game, some time it frustrated but to me, I found it rewarding in XP in return. But everyone have their own play style and such, fully respect!

PS:

You did have the perm camo for the CM right?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
47 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

you going to spend a fortune on camo/signals if you playing in Co-Op, your base XP is 590, with boost to 2000 'ish XP, man, I cant handle that little XP ever. I agreed that random game, some time it frustrated but to me, I found it rewarding in XP in return. But everyone have their own play style and such, fully respect!

PS:

You did have the perm camo for the CM right?

Yes, I buy perma camos for all T7+ ships if I plan to keep them. The CM is wearing it's perma camo in my photo above.

Flags are cheap.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,466 battles
21 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The CM is wearing it's perma camo

its the other perm camo where we got it from the event for the CM,Kiev,Monarch that I am talking about. Not the one that you have to pay doubloons for it!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
42 minutes ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

its the other perm camo where we got it from the event for the CM,Kiev,Monarch that I am talking about. Not the one that you have to pay doubloons for it!

Yeah, no, I don't have it. I got really sick last May and stopped playing for a lot of the summer and into the fall. I only got a couple collection pieces in that event before it ended and never finished any of it. 

Members
842 posts

Honestly, the non-fully-upgraded CM is horrid.  Incredibly bad HP, awful rudder, average concealment, and very meh guns with slow turrets.

Even with the upgrades, I'm not really impressed.  I liked the Algiere and even the La Glass, but the CM is severely underwhelming.  My Mogami (in both forms) beats the crap out of it, and even my Hipper is superior - far better AP, AA, and a rudder that doesn't suck donkey balls. Not to mention that the Edin just spanks it all over the place on any map that isn't Ocean (or a fascimilie thereof). 

I think the stock CM exists as a way to force people to spend FreeXP, because it's practically unplayable in a match where it's not top tier. And how many T8s see that?

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:21 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

Yes, I buy perma camos for all T7+ ships if I plan to keep them. The CM is wearing it's perma camo in my photo above.

Flags are cheap.

That's the Martel's gold camo?  Dang.  It looks a lot like the camo you get with the Alabama.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles
6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That's the Martel's gold camo?  Dang.  It looks a lot like the camo you get with the Alabama.

All French CA perma camo are like this. Basically no painting except on the hull.

It's a shame when I see what WG is able to do after seeing Aigle perma camo

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,388 posts
10,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Yes, it is CM's perma camo and yes it looks like Alabama's and the Missouri alternate. Algerie's perma camo has the same basic look as well. Not sure on Saint-Louis or Henry IV as I am not there yet.

Algerie's perma camo...

peU7iIh.jpg

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles

It's not a bad look for a "realistic" looking camo.  While I'm not a fan of a lot of the more clowny looking camos (like Frosty Fir), I will use them if they have good benefits.  I just wish that there were some good benefits camos that fell more into the category of "more realistic looking".