You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoneWolf_31

EMBLEMS R KILLING AGGRESSIVE TEAMPLAY

51 comments in this topic

[TLW]
[TLW]
Members
15 posts
10,896 battles

Title says it all   Everyone sittin in the back tryin ta farm damage.  Have not had 1 good team since ranked ended. EMBLEMS HAVE TO GO .................  Im not much into winning the match look more to havein good battles, but this is simply nuts. Only thing that changed was emblems being added to the game. since then aggressive game play has fallen dramatically........  Anyone else noticing this ?????.....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

[5BS]
Members
4,493 posts

Not insofar as that was pretty much ~70% of all matches anyway. Seriously, how can you say 'aggressive teamplay' is being killed when that process started more or less the day the Alpha started. There are, and always will be, a large segment of the player base too afraid to move more than 2km from spawns.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
5,070 posts
8,938 battles
2 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Just how could Emblems have any influence on this ?

:Smile_honoring:

Exactly.  Confirmation bias on the part of the OP.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
790 posts
2,935 battles
18 minutes ago, LoneWolf_31 said:

Title says it all   Everyone sittin in the back tryin ta farm damage.  Have not had 1 good team since ranked ended. EMBLEMS HAVE TO GO .................  Im not much into winning the match look more to havein good battles, but this is simply nuts. Only thing that changed was emblems being added to the game. since then aggressive game play has fallen dramatically........  Anyone else noticing this ?????.....

You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
8,832 posts

Correlation does not equal causation and in this case how is this different than high tier matches before the patch? Seems the same to me.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Sorry, I haven't noticed any change in T8+ play, either.

[MIA-A]
Members
1,963 posts
6,553 battles

If what you say is true, I will forever be thankful to WG.

The most annoying thing about this game at higher tiers is all the idiots who rush in and die in the first few minutes, then blame their team for not supporting them. If even a small percentage of them can be convinced to play more intelligently then the game will be considerably better overall. 

People associate YOLO types of plays as the opposite to passive gameplay. I disagree significantly - early gameplay at higher tiers has considerable positional and strategic implications. But too many players associate these with "boring" or "static."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles

Huh.  And here I was thinking the problem with high tiers was too many people hanging out in the rear, sniping from long range.  :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 2

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,015 battles

Emblems are annoying, superfluous and cartoonish however they have no effect on gameplay.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

Not a fan at all of the childish HERRS MAH EMBLEHM! LOOK AT IT! thing when something gets sunk, but I seriously doubt it affects actual gameplay in any way.  It is the same as it has been, long before the emblems were a thing.

OK to not like something but at least come up with a credible reason for trashing it.

• Bad 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,235 battles

I'm still playing the same. Haven't seen a change in opponents play either. Don't care about the emblem, don't worry about who kills me and such. I did pick me one out and just keep shooting.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles
55 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Correlation does not equal causation and in this case how is this different than high tier matches before the patch? Seems the same to me.

You beat me to it. 

Do they teach nothing in schools these days?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,805 posts
4,224 battles
2 hours ago, DingBat said:

You beat me to it. 

Do they teach nothing in schools these days?

No, they teach things. Society, however, teaches the opposite things.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,628 battles

Proof?

And what lead to the usuall high tier camp feasts before? :Smile_popcorn:

[ODIN]
[ODIN]
Members
456 posts
13,185 battles

Yesterday I had Chili for dinner. Now none of my teams are winning. Chili is ruining my win rate! 

• Funny 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,867 posts
13,368 battles

You can't dismiss the premise that emblems have an affect on gameplay out of hand. 

Those trying to earn emblems for the Average damage category may well change their focus from say, not firing on a low health DD instead firing on a full health BB because they can milk more damage, similarly a DD ignoring caps so it can attempt to torp BBs.  How much influence is a more pertinent question.

IMO:  It hasn't changed behaviors a great deal

• Bad 1

Members
2,748 posts
6,235 battles
27 minutes ago, Spieges said:

Yesterday I had Chili for dinner

Do like me a good bowl of chili with onions and shredded cheese on top.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,697 posts
3,459 battles

No that's the abundance of Battleships actually. When you can go 7 minutes into a match without a BB coming within 17km of another BB, that's  a problem.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 hour ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Just how could Emblems have any influence on this ?

:Smile_honoring:

1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Exactly.  Confirmation bias on the part of the OP.

I dislike them too, BUT I do not think it is killing aggression.

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
2 hours ago, LoneWolf_31 said:

This is just silly.

Listen, I hate those damned badges (or whatever they're called) popping up on my screen and rubbing salt in the wound after I get sunk.  But seriously, I don't see them changing how people play at all.  They're not changing my play style in the slightest!

(It is an ironic pun to be talking about rubbing salt in a wound in a naval game, i.e. salty sea water for those that didn't get it in the first 5 seconds.)