Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

If you are using an auto-click macro...

22 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles

rr.jpg.7bbdb219c67ec5f2ce6cf728acb7fe77.jpg

If you are using an auto-click macro, turn the darn thing off before you click to send a chat message.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 4

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

that's just a rapid fire of the ol' F key cause we know macros are not allowed. 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

Members
9,863 posts
59 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If you are using an auto-click macro, turn the darn thing off before you click to send a chat message.

I too post evidence of me breaking the rules...It's the cool thing to do...:Smile_teethhappy:

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,336 battles
4 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

Since I'm getting old and haven't kept up very well, what is a macro?

A programmable button on the keyboard/mouse to do an action. E.g. Macro1 CTRL+SHIFT+S Macro2 CTRL+W which saves an image & closes the tab.

Members
9,863 posts
5 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

A series of keystrokes that are run upon execution of a file.. 

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
13 minutes ago, Slightlyaskewed said:

A macro is a small program that allows the computer to perform a series of commands with one keystroke. Essentially, every time you press a key you are performing a macro because the computer itself only produced a keycode when you did so and the operating system had to interpret what you meant.

Many macros are useful, as they allow you to reduce the tedium of oft-repeated tasks by assigning a series of keystrokes and mouse-click to be performed with a single command. Players of many "shooting" types of games use auto-click macros, which cause the mouse to send multiple clicks with one press of the mouse button, therefore"shooting" multiple times with one mouse click. Many gaming mice even have a built-in selection to do this.

The problem is when you have a multi-click macro running and then, say press "B" in this game to select a canned chat message and then click the mouse on it. Instead of one message being sent, several are. It really gets annoying when a player sends 10 of the same chat messages every time he tries to sends one.   

Edited by Snargfargle

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
35 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I too post evidence of me breaking the rules...It's the cool thing to do...:Smile_teethhappy:

Uh, that wasn't me using the macro. Someone was trying to get the team to provide cover for me. I appreciate the sentiment but it was sort of lost when two dozen of the same messages scrolled through the chat box.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
7 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

My brain can get my fingers to perform macro actions, too. Just like typing these words!

So called "muscle memory" in the body is essentially a macro. Take, for instance, playing a guitar chord. The first time you tried to play it you had to look at your fingers and make sure each was placed in the proper position. Then, as you became more familiar with using it you only had to quickly glance at the neck of the guitar to ensure that your hand was in the proper location.  Finally, you didn't even have to think about what your left hand was doing, you just thought "C" and your body formed the chord for you.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SYN]
Members
14,370 posts
10,228 battles

He's just reminding you that you should go out and eat some proper macronis and cheese.

Members
567 posts
75 battles
2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Uh, that wasn't me using the macro. Someone was trying to get the team to provide cover for me. I appreciate the sentiment but it was sort of lost when two dozen of the same messages scrolled through the chat box.

Maybe they were having a seizure or have Parkinson's.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
577 posts
4,543 battles

could do the same with other program like voice attack, bind a combination of commands to your voice.

ie, speaking target and where your cursor is, F3 would be simulated. I use it for non mentioned space flying games.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,035 battles
14 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Pretty sure that's against EULA, reported.

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
2 hours ago, NeutralState said:

Pretty sure that's against EULA, reported.

And just whom are you going to report? Like I said. it was not me using the macro, nor did I "name and shame" anyone, as I blanked out the player's name. Since such features are programmed in to hundreds of thousands of gaming mice I doubt that any gaming company is going to go on a ban campaign against said macros. What I'm saying here is that if you are using such a macro then please disable it before sending a canned chat message so we don't have to see a dozen of the same message scroll down the chat box each time you click your mouse. 

• Funny 1

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles

what advantage would macros even provide to a world of warships player?  fire rate is limited by reload time, not player reflexes... and there's not even that many other buttons to press.

[PSP]
Members
6,039 posts
8,582 battles
40 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

what advantage would macros even provide to a world of warships player?  fire rate is limited by reload time, not player reflexes... and there's not even that many other buttons to press.

I would say that someone just had their mouse programmed to auto-click for another game and never bothered to turn off the macro.

[P2W]
Members
685 posts
9 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I use it for switching shells and torpedo's and the targeting function key to free up my other hand for WASD'ing . Should I not be doing this?

image.thumb.png.56dd0bb9b6a6cf77d8dd00c4725cd08d.png

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,170 battles
8 hours ago, DESRON10 said:

I use it for switching shells and torpedo's and the targeting function key to free up my other hand for WASD'ing . Should I not be doing this?

That's not a macro, though.  Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's just mapping commands to additional mouse buttons.  And yeah, go nuts with that.

A macro would be a setup that chains a series of commands to be carried out by a single button press.  Like maybe you could have a macro in a British cruiser that, when activated, would press "S" 5 times, deploy your hydro, and smoke.  (You wouldn't actually want to do that because you'd likely outrun your smoke that way...)

[P2W]
Members
685 posts
6 hours ago, Brhinosaurus said:

That's not a macro, though.  Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's just mapping commands to additional mouse buttons.  And yeah, go nuts with that.

A macro would be a setup that chains a series of commands to be carried out by a single button press.  Like maybe you could have a macro in a British cruiser that, when activated, would press "S" 5 times, deploy your hydro, and smoke.  (You wouldn't actually want to do that because you'd likely outrun your smoke that way...)

I guess that would be my [edited] key...LOL I'll take it off.

image.thumb.png.f51ed61cd6164babb78189e088b0416c.png

Sign in to follow this