You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

badges need rework yes or no?

Do badges need to be reworked?  

106 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Do badges need to be reworked?

• yes
    • no
    • other
  2. 2. SHould badges be displayed in the results screen and not in your face?

• yes
    • no
    • other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2018 at 06:53 AM

36 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles

I am tired of seeing silly things get added into the game that most people would not want. I am putting up this poll to see whether or not the community truly thinks that this feature aught to be reworked. Wargaming players do not want things added like this without getting player input first. This feature was one that was poorly planned out and it needs to be reworked so that the badges are in the results screen and are shrunk. A simple Ohanconner sunk you followed by a smaller sized badge would suffice in the battle results screen. If anyone seeks to detract from the thread I ask that you ignore them. I have seen threads get closed , because some would like to disrupt people talking about common sense features. Thank you

[SCCC]
Members
205 posts
11,646 battles

They should be completely optional so 95% of the population can select the no button.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,421 posts
25,278 battles

image.thumb.png.20c2125833ad839374ccbe84dc59d784.png

Missed my final torp hits because of that idiotic emblem blocking the view. So yes, these things have to go. Another thing nobody wanted or needed, added by the developers when scads of urgent and easily fixed problems/requests are ignored. 

• Cool 4

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
8,034 battles
11 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

I am tired of seeing silly things get added into the game that most people would not want. I am putting up this poll to see whether or not the community truly thinks that this feature aught to be reworked. Wargaming players do not want things added like this without getting player input first. This feature was one that was poorly planned out and it needs to be reworked so that the badges are in the results screen and are shrunk. A simple Ohanconner sunk you followed by a smaller sized badge would suffice in the battle results screen. If anyone seeks to detract from the thread I ask that you ignore them. I have seen threads get closed , because some would like to disrupt people talking about common sense features. Thank you

In wot, if ur killed by anything other than arty, the camera locks to the shooter. I found it offensive the first dozen or so times but then it became conical. 

There needs to be an option how you want your defeat to be displayed. Right now, the badges are not only amusing they are pretty cool. It would also be good if there was a camera to lock on your killer after you'd been sunk like WoT.

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles
5 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

In wot, if ur killed by anything other than arty, the camera locks to the shooter. I found it offensive the first dozen or so times but then it became conical. 

There needs to be an option how you want your defeat to be displayed. Right now, the badges are not only amusing they are pretty cool. It would also be good if there was a camera to lock on your killer after you'd been sunk like WoT.

I have played Wot and I know what you are saying. I have also paid attention to threads made in the last week since this patch dropped. I made this so that we could discuss as a wows community on ways to satisfy everyone's needs. So that if you want to see badges displayed you can, but in the results screen. I am not against keeping the current badge view as long as people who don't like it can opt out for a different view. thank you for your thoughts I appreciate them

Beta Testers
1,288 posts
3,583 battles
21 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

They should be completely optional so 95% of the population can select the no button.

I agree they should be optional and should have been proposed to us before this patch went live. Thanks for your thoughts

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
917 posts
2,119 battles
5 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

What about the stealth DD who laid torps 30 seconds ago? There would be a whole lot of non-zooming. Still not a bad idea though...

As for badges, they are fun. You can see who invests time into the game and actually knows what is going on, or you can see who just uses the default. The gold badges could be less based on average damage and more based on either individual games, or use a smaller sample to earn. 

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

It's not that I mind seeing them, per se. 

It's a matter of scale. Especially on, say, a 27" monitor not quite 2' away from my face.

:cap_wander_2: :Smile_teethhappy:

ADDING: Agree that you should be able to turn them off if ya want.

Edited by MajorEnglush

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I would rather "Collect Patches" of those I killed for future trading in the premium Shop.

• Cool 2

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,152 posts
4,950 battles

I had this suggestion in another thread.  The only thing I really don't like about the patches is that they heavily block the view.  So, I suggest moving them more to the left where the normal text shows up.  It should be the badge and the name of the player showing up there.  The badge would also range in size due to the amount of damage that player did to you, from just getting the last shots is the size of the text, to a max 100% damage to you really popping out.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,355 posts
3,559 battles

Yes and other. 

Something as simple as giving the player the ability to scale and move the badge display would work fine. Or just have it appear higher in the screen..  Options.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

I think if they want to show it put it on a couple second delay, then slowly fade in. I don't mind seeing the badges, they're fine. But plenty of times an engagement isn't over the instant you die, and the badge prevents you from seeing the ending.

Members
9,863 posts

You need to remember that we are still the red headed step child. :Smile_teethhappy:

And even though the other servers have lost more numbers than we have, they still have a larger population than we do.

The whole blocking the screen is pretty silly though...

Members
1,238 posts
20,604 battles

Never played world of tanks, but I thought the badges sorta thing was gonna be stuff visible on the ship, like those medal ribbons you see on the USS Iowa for instance.

[FORM]
Members
253 posts
4,790 battles

They are fine just need to be moved out of the center of the screen and put on the side when you die. I know some snowflakes are upset over these things and even more upset that Emblems are earned from being good and not a potato, but it is about time WG rewarded players who get the job done in the game. 

[TCNNA]
Members
107 posts
3,983 battles

Personally, I really like the badges. I think they're cool.

Members
3,629 posts
13,443 battles

Either move them off to one side at half, or less, size and/or a option to disable seeing them.

[WTFB]
Members
186 posts

Mmmmmmmm, yes! YYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS! More salty tears because of badges!!

UdxFHgm.gif

yesjacknicholson.gif

Ok adult time now. You guys need to grow up and get over these badges. Or don't, seriously the more you babies cry about them, the more I love them!

Edited by Slyguy3129
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles

Badge crap is crap and does absolutely NOTHING to improve the game. If WG insist on copying CoD nonsense tehy shoudl at the very least make badge crap optional (like cartoon stuff) so players can TURN IT OFF.

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
4,154 battles
7 hours ago, Taichunger said:

image.thumb.png.20c2125833ad839374ccbe84dc59d784.png

Missed my final torp hits because of that idiotic emblem blocking the view. So yes, these things have to go. Another thing nobody wanted or needed, added by the developers when scads of urgent and easily fixed problems/requests are ignored. 

It comes up after you die. How did it screw up your torps if you were already dead?

[INTEL]
Members
8,421 posts
25,278 battles

Probably I wasn't clear. I missed SEEING my final torp hits because of that emblem.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts
1 hour ago, SwirvinBirds said:

It comes up after you die. How did it screw up your torps if you were already dead?

He was watching his torps, and they were blocked from sight. You're a DD, torps are still hot after you're dead. You want to see them hit. 

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,886 battles
3 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Probably I wasn't clear. I missed SEEING my final torp hits because of that emblem.

Is that screenshot from the battle you describe? I would think that a ship that was hit by torps after a four second run would basically fill the screen.

Never mind for some reason I was thinking that you had been sunk right after firing your torps. I guess the "final torps" planted that seed'

It would not bother me if they moved it to the side of the screen, or allowed peolpe to disable it.

Still, the badge lasts about 4-5 seconds, and covers about 5% of the screen. I don't get all the angst.

Edited by Skarp_AGW