You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
56th_Karma

the team kill system..

95 comments in this topic

[56TH]
Members
265 posts

I was playing earlier. I had a good round in my Akatsuki. I did almost 100k in damage, destroyed a Gneisenau, torped a Kongo for 35k and then I fired torps at a Myoko around 8 km away from it. I didn't really expect to hit it but maybe spook into the gun range of my clan mate. Anyway a friendly Omaha sails right into these torps. They were not fired point blank into him, he drove right into them at about 6 km. Plenty of distance for him to have turned or noticed whatever. He gets mad of course to which I said it was more or less his fault he should pay more attention. Whatever we were still winning even with that.

I get back to port and I am pink. All of the good stuff I did to help my team win and I go pink? I even finished top on my team. Perhaps there should be a point in which damage inflicted to the enemy in a round overrides damage done or team killer status?

tumblr_p3e0olm4jW1te611bo1_1280.jpg

Edited by 56th_Karma
  • Bad 8

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, 56th_Karma said:

I said it was more or less his fault he should pay more attention.

Yeah- no. 

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

You should have paid more attention when firing your torps.

• Cool 6

[56TH]
Members
265 posts
Just now, Gascan75 said:

Yeah- no. 

disagree.

with that sort of distance and you sail right into them? As a CA main I would blame myself for that.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 minutes ago, 56th_Karma said:

disagree.

with that sort of distance and you sail right into them? As a CA main I would blame myself for that.

You can go ahead and blame whoever you want- (you did- the other guy)... but it was your fault. 

Enjoy being pink for awhile. Looks like you earned it. 

Edited by Gascan75

[56TH]
Members
265 posts

meh I could really care less about being pink its not that big of a deal. I just found the situation annoying.

I don't really think I deserved it but whatever.

• Boring 3

[R-F]
Members
679 posts
6,199 battles

Pink = team killer.  Doesn't matter how much good you did, a TK is a TK.  Ultimately it doesn't matter since there's no consequences unless you do it repeatedly.

If I ever notice a ship heading into the area of my outgoing torpedoes, I warn them in chat and ping the map.  Yes, in theory they could see my torpedoes from the moment they launched, but there's a lot to focus on and it can be missed.

If I do hit somebody with my torpedoes, at any range, I apologize.  Usually that's the end of it.  If they're still salty, that's when I let them know that they're #$%^ing idiots because I warned them, I pinged, and they had plenty of time to react.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

It's meaningless. don't worry about it. If you are concerned play five quickies in co op and get rid of the pink status. Some players intentionally eat torps and don't repair. Accidents happen....it s nothing. Don't let these tough guys give you the business. Iv'e been pink before and will again (usually its on purpose these days)

nyuk nyuk nyuk

See the source image

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I'm one of the rare ones around here who doesn't believe it's always the fault of the person who launches.  In most cases, I think both parties are at least in part to blame.  But I also don't get why anyone even cares.  It has no effect on anything you do or get unless you continue to do team damage.

Edited by AspiringCodger

Members
63 posts
223 battles

Even if they were lacking in attention, sometimes you don't notice friendly torps until it's too late. However they're still your torps, so you're responsible for what they hit imo.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, Sweetsie said:

Don't let these tough guys give you the business.

It's not giving anyone any business. It's about a penalty system that is completely meaningless and yet people STILL won't just take responsibility. Bewildering. 

• Cool 2

[56TH]
Members
265 posts
Just now, Brhinosaurus said:

Pink = team killer.  Doesn't matter how much good you did, a TK is a TK.  Ultimately it doesn't matter since there's no consequences unless you do it repeatedly.

If I ever notice a ship heading into the area of my outgoing torpedoes, I warn them in chat and ping the map.  Yes, in theory they could see my torpedoes from the moment they launched, but there's a lot to focus on and it can be missed.

If I do hit somebody with my torpedoes, at any range, I apologize.  Usually that's the end of it.  If they're still salty, that's when I let them know that they're #$%^ing idiots because I warned them, I pinged, and they had plenty of time to react.

Oh I warned him. So did my clan mate and another DD warned him about his torps he almost hit. He said he was too focused on the Myoko at the time. He literally sailed right into a torp field from me and another DD. Unfortunately it was my torps he ran into.

At the end of the round it doesn't really matter I guess. I just lost credit for a kill on the score board and we still won. The guy was in an Omaha in a T7 match so he was useless anyway.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,055 battles
11 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

Yeah- no. 

I'm going to write down your name, and every time I see your in any matches on my team, I'll make sure to run deliberately into your torps after you fire them.

Take you "yeah-no" and gtfo please. 

It's one thing to fire a torp right near a friendly, another to fired something 1 min ago and a friendly runs into them. Learn the difference.

• Bad 6

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 minute ago, Situational_Unawareness said:

Even if they were lacking in attention, sometimes you don't notice friendly torps until it's too late. However they're still your torps, so you're responsible for what they hit imo.

And I place low priority on checking torpedo notifications coming from the direction of friendlies. If I'm not engaged, fine. If I am engaged, and I eat friendly torps, that's on them.

• Cool 7

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 minute ago, NeutralState said:

I'm going to write down your name, and every time I see your in any matches on my team, I'll make sure to run deliberately into your torps after you fire them.

Take you "yeah-no" and gtfo please. 

Knock yourself out. 

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
4 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

It's not giving anyone any business. It's about a penalty system that is completely meaningless and yet people STILL won't just take responsibility. Bewildering. 

Extremely disappointed that you edited Curly out of my quote.

• Boring 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles

I was in the Roma last night and got torped by a teammate with 3. Luckily the warned me and I was able to dodge the others. He apologized and said "man I just made a mistake and shot at you". I was ok with that. I accidentally wasted a Cruiser one late night and it was all my fault. Heat of the battle, shells flying everywhere and probably a beer too many. Pinked. Only one.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
17 minutes ago, 56th_Karma said:

I was playing earlier. I had a good round in my Akatsuki. I did almost 100k in damage, destroyed a Gneisenau, torped a Kongo for 35k and then I fired torps at a Myoko around 8 km away from it. I didn't really expect to hit it but maybe spook into the gun range of my clan mate. Anyway a friendly Omaha sails right into these torps. They were not fired point blank into him, he drove right into them at about 6 km. Plenty of distance for him to have turned or noticed whatever. He gets mad of course to which I said it was more or less his fault he should pay more attention. Whatever we were still winning even with that.

I get back to port and I am pink. All of the good stuff I did to help my team win and I go pink? I even finished top on my team. Perhaps there should be a point in which damage inflicted to the enemy in a round overrides damage done or team killer status?

tumblr_p3e0olm4jW1te611bo1_1280.jpg

A, you still put your torpedoes in the water before you CHEKED your around yourself for teammates. Punishment warranted.

B, you did check your surroundings for teammates that where in range of your torpedoes better to wait then shot and kill your own. Punishment warranted.

C. you saw him and watched theme go into your torpedoes that you put in the water before you did B. Punishment warranted.

My advice next time check look and watch for teammates in your torp range, if there is,  DONT SHOT,  wait that little bit till they are well clear of any torp path of any kind, THEN SHOT. You deserved the TK marker why, you didn't do A or B before clicking. Only you can prevent team killing.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
4 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I was in the Roma last night and got torped by a teammate with 3. Luckily the warned me and I was able to dodge the others. He apologized and said "man I just made a mistake and shot at you". I was ok with that. I accidentally wasted a Cruiser one late night and it was all my fault. Heat of the battle, shells flying everywhere and probably a beer too many. Pinked. Only one.

At least you can admit you team killed a player and that it was your fault, as for the guy that warned you what he did, also good on him for taking the responsibility of what he almost did and realized he did it and no one else. That good for the both you two players that manned up and realized they did it themselves ad not cause the system punished theme for it.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
1 minute ago, MikeDSp said:

At least you can admit you team killed a player and that it was your fault, as for the guy that warned you what he did, also good on him for taking the responsibility of what he almost did and realized he did it and no one else. That good for the both you two players that manned up and realized they did it themselves ad not cause the system punished theme for it.

Yea I felt horrible and apologized. It actually bothered me. Since then I've really paid attention when firing. Still run into guys every so often buts that's minor

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
Just now, Ghostdog1355 said:

Yea I felt horrible and apologized. It actually bothered me. Since then I've really paid attention when firing. Still run into guys every so often buts that's minor

For me if you team kill then fine be my guest your account and your issue not saying anything personal. What insta ticks me off sorta speak is they blame the system or the other player or something and anything but theme. As I always say, Only you can prevent team killing, why simply put on you have control of the weapons on your ship not theme. rare is to find a player that actually admits it was there fault and only there fault.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles
1 minute ago, MikeDSp said:

For me if you team kill then fine be my guest your account and your issue not saying anything personal. What insta ticks me off sorta speak is they blame the system or the other player or something and anything but theme. As I always say, Only you can prevent team killing, why simply put on you have control of the weapons on your ship not theme. rare is to find a player that actually admits it was there fault and only there fault.

My stance is that if I fire the shot or torp then I own it.

• Cool 1

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
3 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

My stance is that if I fire the shot or torp then I own it.

Same here don't get me wrong hitting a player due to a straw shell happens that is an accident not purposely aiming and shelling theme. If I shot and it kills I own it and move on.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,239 posts
8,815 battles
29 minutes ago, 56th_Karma said:

meh I could really care less about being pink its not that big of a deal. I just found the situation annoying.

I don't really think I deserved it but whatever.

Yet you are here complaining about becoming pink. You took a bad shot and collected a friendly, It is not their job to watch for your torpedoes.

[-AIM-]
Members
342 posts
1,023 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Yet you are here complaining about becoming pink. You took a bad shot and collected a friendly, It is not their job to watch for your torpedoes.

lol and for you a nice reward good point agree with you lol.