Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

My tin foil hat theory: The game knows my psychological weaknesses!

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I swear the WG game engines that choose where you spawn know my psychological weaknesses. This happens on Tanks too but I've gotten good enough there that they can no longer hold me down. 

I keep spawning on the weak flank in my ships when we are divided into three groups. For instance, I spawned alone on a flank last night while the other flank had four or five (rest in the middle). I also had a spawn of 3-4-5 where I was one of the group of three. I think the lone spawn game was a reduced ship game though. 

WG knows that I can't help myself and I'm going to go forward and attempt to hold that flank by myself. 

This tin foil moment was brought to you by Reynolds Wrap. :Smile_amazed:

Edited by BullpupWOT
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Better use a Double Foil Hat. 

Can that tank damage if angled properly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,824
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
Just now, BullpupWOT said:

Can that tank damage if angled properly?

Yes if you also fashion a Foil Shield 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
8 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

This tin foil moment was brought to you by Reynolds Wrap

th?id=OIP.V1xeu4Tlk4FIM1B5EOy5YQHaGm&pid Picked you up a hat at the flea market BullPup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[BNKR]
Members
274 posts
358 battles
13 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I swear the WG game engines that choose where you spawn know my psychological weaknesses. This happens on Tanks too but I've gotten good enough there that they can no longer hold me down. 

I keep spawning on the weak flank in my ships when we are divided into three groups. For instance, I spawned alone on a flank last night while the other flank had four or five (rest in the middle). I also had a spawn of 3-4-5 where I was one of the group of three. I think the lone spawn game was a reduced ship game though. 

WG knows that I can't help myself and I'm going to go forward and attempt to hold that flank by myself. 

This tin foil moment was brought to you by Reynolds Wrap. :Smile_amazed:

I have charged to many a lonely death on flanks as well.:Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
4 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

I have charged to many a lonely death on flanks as well.:Smile_izmena:

It continues not to work in ships...somethings wrong with my computer. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
406
[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

Matchmaker is doing you a favor, helping you learn by example.  Sticking to your principles and trying to defend a flank single-handedly is a mistake, and as you climb up the tiers mistakes are punished with increasingly ruthlessness.

Even if you're a great team player you have to be a little bit selfish.  The whole team executing a bad plan together is better than 1 or 2 ships executing a good plan and getting blasted right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,987
[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles

You do know they stopped making Tin Foil years ago right? Stuff proved toxic around certain acidic foods. Now a days we use Aluminum Foil, just as shinny not as toxic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Matchmaker is doing you a favor, helping you learn by example.  Sticking to your principles and trying to defend a flank single-handedly is a mistake, and as you climb up the tiers mistakes are punished with increasingly ruthlessness.

Even if you're a great team player you have to be a little bit selfish.  The whole team executing a bad plan together is better than 1 or 2 ships executing a good plan and getting blasted right away.

Very good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Matchmaker is doing you a favor, helping you learn by example.  Sticking to your principles and trying to defend a flank single-handedly is a mistake, and as you climb up the tiers mistakes are punished with increasingly ruthlessness.

Even if you're a great team player you have to be a little bit selfish.  The whole team executing a bad plan together is better than 1 or 2 ships executing a good plan and getting blasted right away.

Yes...it's slowly sinking in. My head is a little bit harder than your average head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, RedSeaBear said:

You do know they stopped making Tin Foil years ago right? Stuff proved toxic around certain acidic foods. Now a days we use Aluminum Foil, just as shinny not as toxic.  

Minor details...you say tomatoe, I say tamater :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,987
[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles
1 minute ago, BullpupWOT said:

Minor details...you say tomatoe, I say tamater :cap_like:

I think I just heard the sound of a Grammar Police having an aneurysm.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
92
[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
9 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I think I just heard the sound of a Grammar Police having an aneurysm.  

You've never heard Harry Conick Jr. sing, "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off"?..."I say Creole, Tamater..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,987
[NDA]
Supertester
4,774 posts
13,589 battles
35 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

You've never heard Harry Conick Jr. sing, "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off"?..."I say Creole, Tamater..."

Oh I've heard it alright. You'd be surprised at the stuff my crazy family has run past me. In fact the first time I heard the song in question is was being sung by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
48 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I think I just heard the sound of a Grammar Police having an aneurysm

You new it was cuming SeaBear, you just didn't now where frum are hoo.

th?id=OIP.3bUzMrKW5nuKXbdpPKdxHgHaGl&pid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
427
[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,577 posts
3,901 battles
1 hour ago, BullpupWOT said:

Minor details...you say tomatoe, I say tamater "Does this taste metallic to you?"

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,848 battles

I believe WG puts you alone on the flank because it knows you failed to shower and you stink. They are saving the sensibilities of the other players...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
6,043 battles

No, but...

 

The game does exploit your psychology.

 

Everything from surprise citadeling an opponent, to daily crates. This game is basically several slot machines all chained together and packaged as a war ship game. 

Edited by NeutralState
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
4 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

I swear the WG game engines that choose where you spawn know my psychological weaknesses. This happens on Tanks too but I've gotten good enough there that they can no longer hold me down. 

I keep spawning on the weak flank in my ships when we are divided into three groups. For instance, I spawned alone on a flank last night while the other flank had four or five (rest in the middle). I also had a spawn of 3-4-5 where I was one of the group of three. I think the lone spawn game was a reduced ship game though. 

WG knows that I can't help myself and I'm going to go forward and attempt to hold that flank by myself. 

This tin foil moment was brought to you by Reynolds Wrap. :Smile_amazed:

Maybe. I main DDs. It almost always puts me at B cap, alone. I feel obligated to try and cap and often die in the process as my team lemmings all to 1 cap, potatoes en masse behind an island and does nothing all game, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
88
[BNKR]
Members
274 posts
358 battles
5 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

It continues not to work in ships...somethings wrong with my computer. :cap_haloween:

 

I tried a new tactic, one to revolutionize the games experience for players like ourselves.

 

I stayed with a group and survived 2 of my 3 matches tonight, we really should tell others about this.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
17 posts
183 battles

or way off to the side, 15 km from your closest green friend, and he's pink. I can hear the foil crinkling already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
4 hours ago, NeutralState said:

No, but...

 

The game does exploit your psychology.

 

Everything from surprise citadeling an opponent, to daily crates. This game is basically several slot machines all chained together and packaged as a war ship game. 

When the rat pushes a lever, he gets a food pellet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×