You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Panzer1113

How do you choose which ships to play

24 comments in this topic

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles

Have reached the “mature” player plateau - have grinded all the lines (except CVs), and have almost every premium (96 ships total).  Have all the tier 10s, kept some of the tech tree from lower levels, if it has perm camo, and play evenly across DD, BB and cruisers.  Can play about 6 or 7 randoms a night, and struggling to decide what to play.  Don’t like just “riding” a ship, if I get a win or loss, go to another ship.  What do you do to keep excitement in the game?  Do you do a theme, or certain tiers or countries?  Premium or tech tree? Try to cycle through?  Play certain ships all the time?

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,748 posts
4,540 battles

I'm grinding to get into OPG, that means tier X ships. What ship am I most comfortable and know how to play: cruisers.

I can't get enough of tier X gameplay for that very reason.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,259 posts
24,831 battles

I'm currently grinding all the lines, including both DD line splits.

Priority 1:  Do dailies for the ships I'm grinding.

Priority 2:  Do dailies for the Missouri and Tirpitz.

Priority 3:  Do dailies for ships that I still have in port and grinded past but have not yet elited.

[KP]
Members
2,011 posts
18,484 battles

I have all the tier 10's except CV. I play the ones I have the most fun in namely Izyaslav, Hindenburg, currently grinding Pdvoisky to 100 battles as I'm 25k average damage over the #1 player I can't wait to get to 100 battles in it. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,427 battles

Broadly speaking I like to go up tiers if I'm winning, down tiers if I'm losing, and I don't like to play the same ship multiple times in a row, as that's a sure-fire way for me to get on a losing streak.

Members
8,079 posts
17,038 battles

Any new ships I may have, (awards, containers, premiums,) I play them a minimum of 5 games each in PvP and PvE. If I like them, I'll play them more; otherwise they  become 'just another ship' that gets played whenever.

Whatever I need for some task/mission.

Whatever I feel like. Bogue is a good example; love to take it out in Co-op and wreck face, especially now that it has 1-1-1.

Don't currently care enough about going up any of the lines, so not grinding any such at the moment.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
17,838 posts
5,092 battles

I basically play a Hindy match, then put the captain in Spee for a match. (grinding to 19 pts, but I enjoy both ships, so not a big deal)

If I seemed to be playing ok, I stick to cruisers. If not, depending on why I don't think I played well, I'll go to DD or BB. As far as which one, first priority is one that is closest to unlocking next ship, or a new captain skill. After that, it's entirely whim-based.

[SIM]
Members
2,451 posts
4,080 battles

I mostly play my three newest premiums in rotation. 

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Solo:

Either what I am grinding (only T9 PA DD) at the moment as I have all the T10s except CVs which I do not own).

or a Premium (lots of those) to use 19-pt captains to collect Elite XP (plenty of those to choose from)

or whatever fits with a Division I may be in at the moment

I seldom if ever play same ship more than two times in a row. I find it boring and as I have so many ships, I try to give (at least my favs) equal time. Downside, not one ship hast tons of games played, upside, variety and fun.

Edited by alexf24

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles

Well during ranked it was tier 8 for way too long. What I like to do right now is get a win in my ships that have a 19 point captain for the daily bonus and build up elite XP to move up another Captain.

Members
8,079 posts
17,038 battles
5 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Well during ranked it was tier 8 for way too long. What I like to do right now is get a win in my ships that have a 19 point captain for the daily bonus and build up elite XP to move up another Captain.

Yeah, working the T8 for the Yamamoto campaign help a lot, and some recent battles finally put me up over 1 mil e-xp...

...I honestly don't know what to use it on; maybe I'll 19 point my Blys captain...

[WOLF1]
Members
2,632 posts
8,234 battles

Still grinding a bunch of lines, plus campaigns. What I'm doing now is playing some cruiser grinds because I have campaign tasks active that need cruisers; I'll play a rotation of Roon, Neptune, and Martel until I collect two containers, then just whatever strikes my fancy. Doesn't even have to be a real game, yesterday I capped my playtime by taking a Lex into a training room and letting the secondaries rip Tier 1s just to see it.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles
8 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yeah, working the T8 for the Yamamoto campaign help a lot, and some recent battles finally put me up over 1 mil e-xp...

...I honestly don't know what to use it on; maybe I'll 19 point my Blys captain...

I'm working on my Roma Captain right now. I have him up to 16.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,793 posts
13,619 battles

I have one ship line I'm grinding, Time for those Russian Bias Cruiser. But I have several captains I need to get to19pts. So I play my grind ship, than I play a few of my captains who need commander exp and after that I play the fun ships in port who already have elite commanders. Doing this is both fun and helps the other captains. 

But if I get to the point where I have all the ships I want and every ship has an Elite Commander than my plan is a par of dice. One 10 sided and one 4 sided, roll 10 for tier and roll 4 for ship type. 

:cap_cool:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,717 posts
9,498 battles

how about try to play and earn the emblems that are available for each type, nation ... that is a challenge, from t8

[NOOOB]
Members
1,441 posts
12,097 battles
53 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Broadly speaking I like to go up tiers if I'm winning, down tiers if I'm losing, and I don't like to play the same ship multiple times in a row, as that's a sure-fire way for me to get on a losing streak.

Wow, very interesting concept

[5IN]
Members
1,786 posts
8,109 battles

1 hour ago, pikohan said:

Broadly speaking I like to go up tiers if I'm winning, down tiers if I'm losing,

I generally do something similar. 

B

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

My Game day is almost a routine, I start with my t 10's GK ,Conq, and Hindy. then move to t 8 Bis, Prinz, and Hipp.If I have more wins than losses I Repeat. If I have lost more than I like I go to my Fav Ship Scharnhorst for the rest of my game play. If some of my Clan wants to grind a specific ship I join them with the appropriate Tier and help out.

[PSP]
Members
6,043 posts
8,585 battles

I have played over 5500 games and just recently have gotten to tier IX in the USN line. Still grindin' them out.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,224 posts
3,871 battles

I play whatever I want and stop when either I'm satisfied or when it's obvious the game is more interested in trolling me than entertaining me.

Members
50 posts
4,161 battles

Look at my ships, asking the question "What do I want to play today?" than depends on my mood I choose something (usually 2-3 ships at a time). Except when I want to get rid of something (and I need 30k xp or less for the next ship) in that case xp flag + xp camo and playing that certain ship for a while until I get the next one. :Smile_smile:

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,788 battles

I am usually in a routine of collecting 2 crates per day, sometimes the third, if my totals are close enough to it, or, pursuing an objective.

My rut of choice so far starts with Atlanta; Scharnhorst; Mahan.  After a win in each, I check out the port for diversion.

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
311 posts
7,383 battles

With clan mates its start at tier 5 and go up based on win. Unless we are grinding higher tiers.

Solo play determinations is based solely on mood but a DD is usually were I start.