Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
S16_Hunter

Voice Chat - works ? does not work?

10 comments in this topic

[H_]
Members
218 posts
7,007 battles

May be a dumb question, but does Voice chat work in the game?   I searched but have not found anything regarding the subject, maybe I'm searching wrong..  Just thought I'd ask.

Just curious, sure would be nice to be able to talk to the team, is it limited to "divisions" ? 

When playing with my clan guys we use discord or team speak..  but in general would be nice to use the voice chat in the game if I could.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

From what I know, WOWS does indeed have a Voice Chat, but I always find it a hassle to use it in game, plus I do believe it's significantly more distorted and staticy then compared to things like Discord or Teamspeak. 

Furthermore the Voice Chat is limited only to Divisions and Operations. 

Members
191 posts

I use it with my division, hadn't had any problems with it voice wise.

It's nice to just use the in game option IMO, as i could careless for the 3rd party versions.

[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,058 battles

I've used it in Div and Clan Battles - I kinda like it...

[INTEL]
Members
6,632 posts
25,386 battles

Works - used it yesterday.

Set it up in Settings->Audio

Make sure to avoid Push to Talk

Press V in port to turn it on.

As mentioned above, works for Divisions, not single player.

Edited by alexf24

Members
9,873 posts
2 hours ago, S16_Hunter said:

May be a dumb question, but does Voice chat work in the game?   I searched but have not found anything regarding the subject, maybe I'm searching wrong..  Just thought I'd ask.

Just curious, sure would be nice to be able to talk to the team, is it limited to "divisions" ? 

When playing with my clan guys we use discord or team speak..  but in general would be nice to use the voice chat in the game if I could.

The reason there is no general voice chat is due to the abuse it would receive. 

There's already plenty of foolish behavior and [edited] in this game without having to listen to it first hand.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

The Voip is Ideal for friends that sail together. Open voip where everyone in game can speak would be a shouting match {not angry shouting but volume} Then you get the Angry Assmirals that won't STFU. No Thanks. Join a Clan make Friends then yes VOIP is great but not with random anonymous Assmirals. 

[OPEC]
Members
926 posts
5,108 battles
35 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The reason there is no general voice chat is due to the abuse it would receive. 

There's already plenty of foolish behavior and [edited] in this game without having to listen to it first hand.

Open voice chat is what you get when you play WoT on console.  It's significantly easier for drunk and/or obnoxious people to spew forth bile when they don't actually have to know how to, or take the time to, type.  Learning the button sequence to mute players becomes second nature...

[_-X-_]
[_-X-_]
Members
145 posts
5,795 battles

Just started using in game voice, appears to work well for me.

[H_]
Members
218 posts
7,007 battles

Well that explains it.  Usually I'm not in a division while in a game.  If I am in a division it's usually with a clan mate or my brother and we use either Discord or team speak.

I know currently I have it turned off in the game, maybe i'll turn it back on,  maybe use it if I join a div. 

See what happens.

Thanks for the responses.

Sign in to follow this