You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

7v7 1CV and 6 BBs

20 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,785 posts
12,916 battles

This match was kind of interesting.  A CV queue dump resulting in each side sporting a T10 CV, four T8BBs, one T9BB, and one T10BB. 

We articulated a good plan:  Stay together with mutually supporting AA.  It worked out nicely.  Although my Alabama was one of the T8s, it's air spec'd sans manual.  Very good when part of the mutual AA bubble.

shot-18_01.30_01_05.30-0822.thumb.jpg.59281dcb20bebf180e119ea5db72e998.jpg

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Sometimes MM is crazier than polar bears on ice skates.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,501 posts
8,037 battles
46 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

This match was kind of interesting.  A CV queue dump resulting in each side sporting a T10 CV, four T8BBs, one T9BB, and one T10BB. 

We articulated a good plan:  Stay together with mutually supporting AA.  It worked out nicely.  Although my Alabama was one of the T8s, it's air spec'd sans manual.  Very good when part of the mutual AA bubble.

You should keep replays enabled for gem battles like these.

[5D]
Members
605 posts
7,026 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Pretty cool to see it! Do you have a replay of it? I'd like to see the match. 

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles
6 hours ago, Umikami said:

Sometimes MM is crazier than polar bears on ice skates.

That is hardly crazy... try Monika Lewinsky actually forcing Bill Clinton into what he did after watching a documentary about polar bears on ice skates while shooting a commercial for the FDA about not doing Coca-Cola while working at the White House for a crazy brown bear who liked to eat bananas instead of eggplants for dinner.

*drops mic*

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
8,952 posts
7,305 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Shiny. I thought this was a clan battles thread . :) Sounds like a fun game.

6 hours ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

Pretty cool to see it! Do you have a replay of it? I'd like to see the match. 

+1

35 minutes ago, Shield380 said:

That is hardly crazy... try Monika Lewinsky actually forcing Bill Clinton into what he did after watching a documentary about polar bears on ice skates while shooting a commercial for the FDA about not doing Coca-Cola while working at the White House for a crazy brown bear who liked to eat bananas instead of eggplants for dinner.

*drops mic*

:Smile_amazed: Is there an LSD setting on the forum I'm not aware of?

• Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
2,452 posts
4,080 battles

That’s really interesting, almost as if it could be a mode unto itself. 

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,219 battles

I had a match last week that was similar, 1 CV and 11 BB's though late at night.  The match was close until they formed up a super AA ball of 6 ships that the tier 8 CV couldn't approach ( tier 10 match ) and proceeded to mow down our more spread out ships.  Watching a Yammie push and have it work is almost as rare as that MM.

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Shiny. I thought this was a clan battles thread . :) Sounds like a fun game.

+1

:Smile_amazed: Is there an LSD setting on the forum I'm not aware of?

Nope just one on my computer XD

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,229 posts
8,804 battles

Que dumps can be really irritating but they can also be really interesting it is all in what you and your team make of them.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,785 posts
12,916 battles

Sorry, no replay.

A few highlights.  It was a three cap map, but this wasn't going to be a cap game...it was going to be attrition.  And if a T10 CV is a game winner with 12 ships...it was really going to be a game winner with seven.   Also, as some are aware, attrition in a fight like this isn't just HP...it's AA attrition too. 

I believe we had a better CV captain and we seemed to be better concentrated to avoid the enemy CV.  This concentration also gave us good focus fire.  In my case, I focused Montana with HE...not so much to do HP damage but to whack its AA.  I took out 33 mounts myself, and suspect my team took out their fair share as well.  I was targeting it when I watched it succumb to a TBD strike from our CV.

Our T10BB played a very good force anchor, and was focused by the enemy team.  Although he was third in the score, I believe he did a great job at the critical stages to bring us to victory by the time he succumbed.  At that point it was sort of a mopping up exercise. 

Our CV guy played a good maneuver game...recognizing that both teams grouped to the center without any loners...he went solo up top and was the first to cap...and ultimately...by the end game...had pushed into the enemy CV.  Look at the background in my pic.  The last enemy to go down was their carrier...the blob with all the fire.  Check out that ship to the left...that's our carrier.  Note the secondary gun splashes...LoL. 

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[PVE]
Members
8,952 posts
7,305 battles
3 minutes ago, Shield380 said:

Nope just one on my computer XD

:Smile_teethhappy:

3 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Sorry, no replay.

A few highlights.  It was a three cap map, but this wasn't going to be a cap game...it was going to be attrition.  And if a T10 CV is a game winner with 12 ships...it was really going to be a game winner with seven.   Also, as some are aware, attrition in a fight like this isn't just HP...it's AA attrition too. 

I believe we had a better CV captain and we seemed to be better concentrated to avoid the enemy CV.  This concentration also gave us good focus fire.  In my case, I focused Montana with HE...not so much to do HP damage but to whack its AA.  I took out 33 mounts myself, and suspect my team took out their fair share as well.  I was targeting it when I watched it succumb to a TBD strike from our CV.

Our T10BB played a very good force anchor, and was focused by the enemy team.  He brought us to victory by the time he succumbed.  At that point it was sort of a mopping up exercise. 

Our CV guy played a good maneuver game...recognizing that both teams grouped to the center without any loners...he went solo up top and was the first to cap...and ultimately...by the end game...had pushed into the enemy CV.  Look at the background in my pic.  The last enemy to go down was their carrier...the blob with all the fire.  Check out that ship to the left...that's our carrier.  Note the secondary gun splashes...LoL. 

That is awesome.

[R-F]
Members
679 posts
6,188 battles

How is it the enemy battleships only shot down two planes total?  I'd say your carrier didn't press any attacks, but two ships sunk, so obviously they did.

[PVE]
Members
8,952 posts
7,305 battles
49 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

How is it the enemy battleships only shot down two planes total?  I'd say your carrier didn't press any attacks, but two ships sunk, so obviously they did.

Soshi did say that their team was spamming HE to take out AA guns on the red BBs.

[R-F]
Members
679 posts
6,188 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Soshi did say that their team was spamming HE to take out AA guns on the red BBs.

I missed that.  Brilliant strategy, given the circumstances!

55 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

WG really should stop this CV MM. It ruins the game for everyone involved.

Games like this are not common.  They only happen one one carrier has been in the queue for more than 5 minutes.  When that happens, the moment a second carrier finally appears, the MM puts them against each other and fills in the rest of the roster with whatever is immediately available.  Late at night you can get some particularly strange matchups, like carriers 1v1, or carrier + destroyer vs carrier + destroyer.

I've only been in one such battle myself and I'll agree it's not something I'd want to do regularly, but it's kind of fun as a change in pace.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:18 AM, Shield380 said:

*drops mic*

See, I know that's wrong, because bears LOVE eggplant!

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles
16 hours ago, Umikami said:

See, I know that's wrong, because bears LOVE eggplant!

Image result for ya dont say