Sign in to follow this  
MaxitheBraixen

Got stuck on a sandbar

7 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,399 battles

So during a match on Archipelago my ship ran aground while trying to dodge torps. However, I was unable to get free and my ship became glitched onto the sandbar, unable to do anything other then fire at enemy ships, was eventually sunk by the carrier while still stuck on the sandbar, was stuck for six minutes.

Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles

ooof, yeah that happens, I once got my Konig stuck in another Koing once, lewd. 

My bow somehow got wedged into his torpedo bulge and we became siamese twins lol. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,330 posts
9,411 battles

Like the disclaimer sez, "stay clear of land masses'

Yeah, right, like I get perma-stuck on one side of a channel - with an Atlanta...  Took a screen shot.  I was two ship-lengths away from the island.

Came back a few missions later - same 'Islands of fire' map - same location - with a North Carolina...  no sticky.

For some RNG form of punishment, we get randomly stuck in places.  It's just another form of detonation.

Only happens in Random mode, though.

[ASHIP]
Members
582 posts
5,203 battles

There's a particular part of the Two Brothers map- right side of the northern entrance into the central channel, where the land sticks out underwater by several hundred meters from the island. I had a wonderful game in which someone tried to rush me as I pushed the channel, but got stuck there and quickly died. Then, a few days ago, a similar thing happened to me.:fish_palm:

I'd frankly be ok with it too, but there is absolutely NO indication that one is going to run aground in this particular spot. The island is a sheer cliff at that part, with no long beach which might indicate that the water is shallow there. It's also located in a part of the map which experiences a lot of ambushes and precise maneuvers, which, as my experience shows, this sandbank really messes with.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,268 posts

collision avoidance does not sound in that particular spot? file a ticket to CS for the devs. 

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

I've done something similar where my bow got stuck in a friendly DD who died. Kinda cool though, since I just brought my new torpedo shield around at 10 kts.

Sign in to follow this