Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptToshiro

Ban the XVM mod!

185 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Alpha Tester
105 posts
7,575 battles

Dear WGA Staffs,

       Im sure you know that many players in WOT already using XVM mod. I understand that players are using XVM's chance of win for WOT. It frustrating for us players want to win in WOT, but the XVM users decided to go "yolo'ing" because the XVM user's team will LOSE. The XVM user giving up, without trying to fight and turn the table around and win the battle. It not fair, but that is WOT.

But, recently, I encounter the player using XVM's chance of win in WOWS. I dont like the idea for someone using XVM's chance of win for WOWS. Because, number one;  It disgraceful and unfair. Number two; If the player keep using the XVM's chance of win, it can abuse the game and will MOST LIKELY target the low W/R players to insult. Number three; It can cause more problems and more issues for the team (I E, giving up by going yolo'ing).

It will be like WOT all over again in WOWS and it will bring frustration to the max, something we cannot allow to let that happen in WOWS.

So, please, create a new mod rules; XVM is illegal mod to use for WOWS since it can read the chance of win.

  • Cool 17
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
339
[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,103 battles

If anything, one uses stat mods to figure out who's the biggest threat... not the smallest threat. 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[H-W-C]
Members
1,259 posts
3,306 battles
1 minute ago, Spartias said:

If anything, one uses stat mods to figure out who's the biggest threat... not the smallest threat. 

I think OP's main complaint is the function that calculates your chance to win the battle. Players will see a high number and yolo to their demise, and players that see a low number will be demoralized and ensure their loss.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
425
[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

Not a very useful mod. Tonight, we realized from the git-go that we had an AFK Enterprise, which was quickly sunk. Not liking our odds, we nonetheless fought hard and won anyway. I am in it to win it, no matter what the red team is or my team is.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptToshiro said:

Dear WGA Staffs,

       Im sure you know that many players in WOT already using XVM mod. I understand that players are using XVM's chance of win for WOT. It frustrating for us players want to win in WOT, but the XVM users decided to go "yolo'ing" because the XVM user's team will LOSE. The XVM user giving up, without trying to fight and turn the table around and win the battle. It not fair, but that is WOT.

But, recently, I encounter the player using XVM's chance of win in WOWS. I dont like the idea for someone using XVM's chance of win for WOWS. Because, number one;  It disgraceful and unfair. Number two; If the player keep using the XVM's chance of win, it can abuse the game and will MOST LIKELY target the low W/R players to insult. Number three; It can cause more problems and more issues for the team (I E, giving up by going yolo'ing).

It will be like WOT all over again in WOWS and it will bring frustration to the max, something we cannot allow to let that happen in WOWS.

So, please, create a new mod rules; XVM is illegal mod to use for WOWS since it can read the chance of win.

Hear, Hear! I totally agree with you.

While some say that XVM will help you "prioritize" an enemy, I don't see it that way. This mod has been the scourge of World Of Tanks and has forested a sense of entitlement and arrogance in the colour of a players name. World Of Warships has always been a tight knit community with some of the best player to player interactions I've ever had the pleasure to be part of, and to be honest I really like the atmosphere of this game that the community has created. Of course there is always that one guy but that's to a given. 

Edited by Incendiary_Tanker
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
105 posts
7,575 battles
2 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Hear, Hear! I totally agree with you.

While some say that XVm will help you "prioritize" an enemy, I don't see it that way. This mod has been the scourge of World Of Tanks and has forested a sense of entitlement and arrogance in the colour of a players name. World Of Warships has always been a tight knit community with some of the best player to player interactions , and to be honest I really like the atmosphere of this game that the community has created. Of course there is always that one guy but that's to a given. 

Yeah, I dont want to bring more frustration in WOWS.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
17 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

I think OP's main complaint is the function that calculates your chance to win the battle. Players will see a high number and yolo to their demise, and players that see a low number will be demoralized and ensure their loss.

Yup... pretty much

Now some unicums might want to fight out a losing match.

But If I see a losing match, Im going to find an enemy to ram to get out as quick as possible as fast as possible to get the most for myself as I can.

 

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 4
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
105 posts
7,575 battles
18 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

I think OP's main complaint is the function that calculates your chance to win the battle. Players will see a high number and yolo to their demise, and players that see a low number will be demoralized and ensure their loss.

That is something we cannot let that happen in WOWS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
22 minutes ago, Spartias said:

If anything, one uses stat mods to figure out who's the biggest threat... not the smallest threat. 

You think like a high skill player, not a low skill. Low skills are going to look for lower skills for easy kills. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,570
[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles

So, its kind of hard to ban... I believe it grabs its data from the API and since its a stand alone program (separate window) and doesn't inject into or monitor anything from the game files, there is no way they can track it and punish people if it was banned...

I use it from time to time. It doesn't affect the way I play too much, Basically it lets me know how to expect my teammates and the enemy players to play.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So, its kind of hard to ban... I believe it grabs its data from the API and since its a stand alone program (separate window) and doesn't inject into or monitor anything from the game files, there is no way they can track it and punish people if it was banned...

I use it from time to time. It doesn't affect the way I play too much, Basically it lets me know how to expect my teammates and the enemy players to play.

 

Just because you use it well, doesnt mean everyone does.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
42 posts
4,176 battles
19 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Hear, Hear! I totally agree with you.

While some say that XVM will help you "prioritize" an enemy, I don't see it that way. This mod has been the scourge of World Of Tanks and has forested a sense of entitlement and arrogance in the colour of a players name. World Of Warships has always been a tight knit community with some of the best player to player interactions I've ever had the pleasure to be part of, and to be honest I really like the atmosphere of this game that the community has created. Of course there is always that one guy but that's to a given. 

i disagree...

this community is full of forum snobs that think they are better than you. i played WOT and used xvm. i used it to see who i needed to kill first. thats why i want it in this game but everytime someone makes a post about xvm, it gets negative  spammed by all the forum snobs.

"xvm is terrible"

"only a newb like you needs xvm"
"xvm will ruin the game"

i know cause i made a post and it got INVADED by people who did nothing but cry and whine like [edited].

so i have to disagree with your opinion of this community. 

Edited by The_Big_Dumb_Newb
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,570
[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
9,006 battles
Just now, Kconvey_1 said:

Just because you use it well, doesnt mean everyone does.

 

Well, you would have no reason to use it on bots, so yeah.....

  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,334 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, The_Big_Dumb_Newb said:

i disagree...

this community is full of forum snobs that think they are better than you. i played WOT and used xvm. i used it to see who i needed to kill first. thats why i want it in this game but everytime someone makes a post about xvm, it gets negative  spammed by all the forum snobs.

"xvm is terrible"

"only a newb like you n
"xvm will ruin the game"

i know cause i made a post and it got INVADED by people who did nothing but cry and whine like [edited].

so i have to disagree with your opinion of this community. 

 

Forum Snobs? I for one has never seen em. I very rarely see people talking down to others..... but I'm too much of an optimist I guess... 

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

I don't think its possible to ban it with out removing the ability to use replays or turning off the stat API(neither of which I forsee WG doing as both are important tools in both their revenue generation and community management). All XVM does is read the replay file being written to and pull the stats from the API. It would be a difficult task in a technical sense to stop. You would have to somehow encrypt the replay while the game is on going, then unencrypt it after the game ends. Writing live to an encrypted file would consume way too much cpu for lower end systems and too much disk IO for non ssd systems with a high chance of freezing/crashing the system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
7 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well, you would have no reason to use it on bots, so yeah.....

One of the reasons I dont pvp is stat bashing, and this makes it easier. Just pointing out that some people do abuse it.

Though it would actually make sense to use it in operations to see how hard you need to carry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
854
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,805 posts
4,224 battles
37 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

While some say that XVM will help you "prioritize" an enemy, I don't see it that way.

I really dislike this use of it as well. It's one thing when you know the player from experience or the forums, but when you can just tell who you need to focus down and whom you can ignore... while it does set-up for the hypothetical "coming back to bite you" scenario, I still don't like it.

I don't like any external stats window, really, since none of the stats they use are very good when you apply them to Aircraft Carriers anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Members
779 posts
6,640 battles

The XVM software might be difficult to ban since it's not installed and used the same way res_mods files are. MM stat trackers are bad because they can foster a toxic and defeatist sentiment among the players. "The enemy CV is Global Elite and my CV is Silver I? Might as well just exit to port right now and save my time," for example.

 

10 minutes ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

 

Forum Snobs? I for one has never seen em. I very rarely see people talking down to others..... but I'm too much of an optimist I guess... 

Make a forum thread complaining about CV balance and you're sure to find them.

:Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,258
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles
43 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

But If I see a losing match, Im going to find an enemy to ram to get out as quick as possible as fast as possible to get the most for myself as I can.

And who said playing for the team was dead in this game?

21 minutes ago, FleetAdmiral_Assassin said:

All the more reason to ban all mods.

^ THIS ^

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,592
[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,609 posts
14,017 battles
1 hour ago, warpath_33 said:

I think OP's main complaint is the function that calculates your chance to win the battle. Players will see a high number and yolo to their demise, and players that see a low number will be demoralized and ensure their loss.

That is completely idiotic and that is not what people do with those MM monitors.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[WOLF2]
Members
56 posts
9,757 battles

So, if it just reads the same stats that we can read by looking someone up on this site, then it's not anything people couldn't do manually.

I never really played WOT and never used XVM there. But I can see the value in looking up the win rates, to know what to expect from whom.

But I'd use it to target higher win rate people. Though usually you have the normal priority targets, radar ships and DDs.

You don't need to look for the really low win rate people, because they do things like yolo from the start and run into the entire enemy team or hide on the edge all game being useless.

It's actually, whoever has the more really low win rate people that are most likely to lose, because they tend to die early.

Though I can see some people being idiots because they think they will lose. But they do that now for whatever reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49
[WOLF2]
Members
168 posts
13,853 battles

it's a good mod, let you know whether you will get support from the cruiser behind you or they are literally blind lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×