You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

So sick of this!

34 comments in this topic

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles

Straits. 2 caps.  Clemson DD immediately deserts us and heads across the ocean for red cap.  Big adventure he goes on.  Gets killed somewhere on his way.  Left us short defending our cap. Defending your own cap is just as important as theirs. I am seeing this all the time. What are they thinking when they do this? It takes their guns and torps and spotting outta game for a long time as they cruise thru islands heading for red cap on other side of map ....damn I get angry when a DD tries this. I mean very freaked out. Am I wrong?  It was a loss but dang if he had stayed with us on our side of straits it might not have been.  Just took himself out of game for a long time and died and did not do sh#t.  Just happened.  Ranting.  Sorry.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Ranting about people in tier IV tech tree ships is pointless. Someone on the other team is probably whining about one of their idiot players as well. 

Seriously you need to play around it. 

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
481 posts
10,609 battles

Its not just T4 players.  Had these idiots today in T10 matches.  Off doing their own thang.  Not their jobs.

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
Just now, SeaborneSumo said:

Its not just T4 players.  Had these idiots today in T10 matches.  Off doing their own thang.  Not their jobs.

I see some very good players in tier 3-4-5-6.  Lots play tier 4. Lots. High tier players play those tiers a bunch....fun!  I have tier 7 Scharnhorst. I see just as much foolishness there as I do in tier 4. I have a bit of an issue with players who think the higher the tier the better the players. I just see that as egotistical and not valid.  Matter of fact I see more complaints on here bout tier 10 players than any other.....by far.

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Straits  you say? Always some moron who thinks "I know! something completely different... I will bail my side and run to the other side!"

If you are in a BB on that map you feel like you are an orca at Seaworld.

Expect frustration on Straits and move on.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,267 posts
21 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Straits. 2 caps.  Clemson DD immediately deserts us and heads across the ocean for red cap.  Big adventure he goes on.  Gets killed somewhere on his way.  Left us short defending our cap. Defending your own cap is just as important as theirs. I am seeing this all the time. What are they thinking when they do this? It takes their guns and torps and spotting outta game for a long time as they cruise thru islands heading for red cap on other side of map ....damn I get angry when a DD tries this. I mean very freaked out. Am I wrong?  It was a loss but dang if he had stayed with us on our side of straits it might not have been.  Just took himself out of game for a long time and died and did not do sh#t.  Just happened.  Ranting.  Sorry.

Well... over my many matches I've finally come to term with such actions/inactions by others, realizing it is clearly a PoV issue on my side of the fence. "What are they thinking when..." is the answer before you. They weren't, or they were so left field they were in the next city. Or maybe that's their gig. 

The best I can do is the best I can do. Oh I "critique" others but I try to focus on the actions/inactions without going personal. This helps keep your pipes clean, your stress down and your Karma at that perfect balance of zero. 

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Well... over my many matches I've finally come to term with such actions/inactions by others, realizing it is clearly a PoV issue on my side of the fence. "What are they thinking when..." is the answer before you. They weren't, or they were so left field they were in the next city. Or maybe that's their gig. 

The best I can do is the best I can do. Oh I "critique" others but I try to focus on the actions/inactions without going personal. This helps keep your pipes clean, your stress down and your Karma at that perfect balance of zero. 

Tks.  Comforting.  I had just finished that match which was actually very close when I ranted. That DD deserting us just fried me partly because I am seeing this a lot. Win your cap. Then head to red cap...but win your cap FIRST. Do that and ya got the twist on em. :Smile_honoring: 

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
27 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Defending your own cap is just as important as theirs.

The best defense is a good offense.

Seriously, though--the only way you are ever going to play a game of WoWs without at least one teammate who contributes absolutely nothing to the effort is via clan wars.  And even then it's not certain.

[ASHIP]
Members
582 posts
5,196 battles

Do. Not. Complain.

5a6fd6e9a0a03_ScreenShot2018-01-30at02_22_14.png.9202a8028c22cad415a5a4bd6ba207e4.png

You have any idea how much veggie I've seen today? Do you know what kind of bone aching pain I've experienced? How the knowledge of the inevitable potatoness of my team grates against my mind like a cheese grater trying to peel an apple? 

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

The best defense is a good offense.

Seriously, though--the only way you are ever going to play a game of WoWs without at least one teammate who contributes absolutely nothing to the effort is via clan wars.  And even then it's not certain.

Aggressively defending your cap!  Go get em.  Kill them. That is what I mean.  Don't bail and head for other cap right at the start.. Kill what is in front of you then go after red cap.  Ya see when you do that (win your side of straits) you are then coming in on their flank. It actually works. :Smile_izmena:

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, senseNOTmade said:

Do. Not. Complain.

5a6fd6e9a0a03_ScreenShot2018-01-30at02_22_14.png.9202a8028c22cad415a5a4bd6ba207e4.png

You have any idea how much veggie I've seen today? Do you know what kind of bone aching pain I've experienced? How the knowledge of the inevitable potatoness of my team grates against my mind like a cheese grater trying to peel an apple? 

Are you a writer of novels? Nice. 

[MEIST]
Members
771 posts
2,935 battles
21 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Just asking, did you ask him to not do that? I know putting a plan out there doesn't mean much to the player on a yolokreig but sometimes they listen. I thinking we all have seen some "what the heck moments".

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

Just asking, did you ask him to not do that? I know putting a plan out there doesn't mean much to the player on a yolokreig but sometimes they listen. I thinking we all have seen some "what the heck moments".

I admit I said in chat, "Clem what in the hell ya doing?  Deserting us?". No answer and I had no time to type anymore. I was way too busy trying to locate reds after he left. Hell, had he hung with us we may well have lost anyway.  Who knows?  

Members
9,862 posts
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

I admit I said in chat, "Clem what in the hell ya doing?  Deserting us?". No answer and I had no time to type anymore. I was way too busy trying to locate reds after he left. Hell, had he hung with us we may well have lost anyway.  Who knows?  

This is who the player base is....doesn't really matter what tier anymore.

We can all wish for a more involved player base, but after two and a half years, it seems unlikely to change.:Smile_amazed:

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
27 minutes ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Straits  you say? Always some moron who thinks "I know! something completely different... I will bail my side and run to the other side!"

If you are in a BB on that map you feel like you are an orca at Seaworld.

Expect frustration on Straits and move on.

That map drives me nuts at times for the very reasons you mentioned. "Head for greener pastures" is what I term it. But they are not always greener....as those types often discover. 

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

We can all wish for a more involved player base, but after two and a half years, it seems unlikely to change.:Smile_amazed:

I know.  Totally agree. Free to play and all that.  Random is, well, random. Hey, I am not so good myself at all but I don't bail on my team mates. I have learned  a little.  Not much..but a bit.

Edited by dmckay

Members
9,862 posts
Just now, dmckay said:

I know.  Totally agree. Free to play and all that. Hey, I am not so good myself but I don't bail on my team mates. 

I've been playing online games since before the days of the internet, and I have never played a combat game that is so full of casual players.

I understand why it's attractive to them, and being part of the older player base I understand that it's just a game. But what I've never gotten is people's unwillingness to invest the time learning the game basics, and at least putting up a fight, instead of just hitting battle and hoping rng is on your side....:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
1,819 posts
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

If only less skilled players had another mode to play where they might not be a detriment to the team... though for the life of me I cant think of one.

Members
1,819 posts
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I've been playing online games since before the days of the internet, and I have never played a combat game that is so full of casual players.

I understand why it's attractive to them, and being part of the older player base I understand that it's just a game. But what I've never gotten is people's unwillingness to invest the time learning the game basics, and at least putting up a fight, instead of just hitting battle and hoping rng is on your side....:Smile_teethhappy:

Math... you cant have every player have a winning record.. damn statistics suck dont they? 

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

Just at least putting up a fight is good enough for me.  It's free to play and casual is fine with me....but at least try. I am older also. Do my best. I do have fun but at times some things players do just mystifies me. Heh. Yup. 

Members
17,726 posts
5,084 battles
9 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Any game like this, the first year, maybe two, are the halcyon times. Most of the players who are going to be involved are there from the get-go, and it's often a good majority at that point.

Then dilution begins.....

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,723 battles
1 hour ago, dmckay said:

Hi

i have to agree 100 percent  when it comes to standard game in strait  9 times out 10 there is a mass retreat for the home flag by ships on the opposite side leaving CVs and slow BBs to be destroyed totally Pi$$es me off.

The other mode is not much better but at least some try to   cap when its A B C mode.

plus 1 for being another who understands strait is the worse map for game play.

Edited by tm63au

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
2 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

If only less skilled players had another mode to play where they might not be a detriment to the team... though for the life of me I cant think of one.

O hell I am not that skilled, not at all, all I want is for players to fight and try. Random is a dice roll so much of the time. I accept that but I did get mad tonight. I ok now. I am only a 48% player.  Been stuck there for a year. But I try. Was doing better past couple of months but for some reason this week has been bad.  Made a mistake playing Fri and Sat night. O WOW!  Disaster.

Members
4,441 posts
6,134 battles
8 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Any game like this, the first year, maybe two, are the halcyon times. Most of the players who are going to be involved are there from the get-go, and it's often a good majority at that point.

Then dilution begins.....

So very true.  Saw this happen in tanks. Just hardly play that game anymore. Nuts. Fictional as hell now and just plain not worth the effort. Was fun 4 years ago when I started playing it....not now however. Off to bed!

Edited by dmckay