You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tyle0s

1 shot with a hosho secondary

13 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
291 battles

I don't know how, but I was playing a game and I one shot a full health destroyer with my secondary gun. I hit its mag and it went from 100 to dead instantly. Was amazing. Appreciate carrier secondaries!

Has anyone else done this?

unknown.png

Edited by Tyle0s
mispell
  • Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,313 posts
9,410 battles

Long time ago in a Bogue. It does happen from time to time.

[ERN]
Members
590 posts
8,196 battles

Another somewhat rare achievement for a carrier is Die-Hard.

Got myself one with the Hiryu.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles

double strike, 2 dd in Bismark with secondaries with x2 detonation ..... my main still turning as I was trying to turn and dodge the torps (2 wall of skills with 15 to dodge). it was like WHAT THE to the x2 dd drivers .. was very salty chat in public back then too

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
2,069 battles

Not with a CV, but my Pepsi's secondaries once detonated a full HP DD. I don't know who was more surprised, me or him.

[RKLES]
Members
7,112 posts
8,760 battles

Lol that is why at least on tiers IV-VI I equip my CVs with Basic Fire Training skill in addition to the usual CV Captain skills since on those smaller maps having a bit of extra close quarters Defense can prove valuable. On the high tier maps it's a lot less likely since attackers will often stay 8km or greater in distance when killing a CV, but low tier between the maps and DDs with short range Torpedoes they will come up nice and close lol.

Also have accidently gotten into point blank range duels with enemy CVs where we end up side by side 4km or so apart and Secondaries are blazing, we are throwing planes at each other and the AA guns are going as well. Strange things happen in battles with Cyclones that's all I have to say lol.

Members
1,789 posts
17,407 battles
2 hours ago, Tyle0s said:

I one shot a full health destroyer with my secondary gun

1st of all welcome to the forums (surprised nobody else noticed this was your 1st post...usually the community is up on welcoming new posters).

I don't play CVs often but have had 2ndary detonations on DDs before in other ships...but I'm close to 10k random battles so that's not surprising).

That was a detonation that caused that & it can happen to anybody at any time from any type of armament unless they have the anti-detonation signal equipped (you get 10 of those every time you get detonated).

Especially annoying when it happens to a full life higher tier BB.

The meme "fun & engaging" has sarcastically (of course) evolved from the frustration of the detonation occurring to (especially) full life ships but it can happen at any time to any ship type.

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles

I was playing my Ryujo once and we had an enemy DD do everything right.  Slipped perfectly through our lines undetected,  had me lined up dead to rights.  He got close enough to get off his torpedo's and I was frantically trying to dodge...when my secondaries detonated him.  I apologized to him in chat because man,  that sucked.