You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

19 comments in this topic

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

so I have the option of getting three ships. they all will take about the some amount of grinding to get and I plan on getting all of them. The problem is I dont know which one to get first

the ships are 

-New Mexico

-Independence

-Gneisenau

the gneisenau will need a little more of a grind for credits but that's about it

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,883 battles

Do all 3 everyday for the extra bonus's and get whichever you get the XP for first, first. At least credits don't seem to be your problem, by the time I have the credits to buy one of the ships I already have researched, I will have 2 more researched.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Do all 3 everyday for the extra bonus's and get whichever you get the XP for first, first. At least credits don't seem to be your problem, by the time I have the credits to buy one of the ships I already have researched, I will have 2 more researched.

that's what I plan on doing I was wondering which ship should I use the +100% exp camos on. and credits is a bit of a problem because I cant buy any of these ship ATM

[WOLF5]
Members
439 posts
18,237 battles

Assuming you're equally competent in all of them, the Gneis will make end up making you more credits since it's a T-7. The NM would be next since a T-6 BB will make more credits than a T-6 CV for comparable performance. 

If you don't have premium time already, I'd recommend springing for that since it increases both xp and credits by 50%. Note the cost of service is the same so premium time nets you much more than a 50% credit increase. 

[TBW]
Members
6,328 posts
11,883 battles

How many camos do you have? I did great in the Gneis and I don't play CV's yet myself. I would use the camos on all of them if I had enough. Camos and signals stack too. It of course would be easy to say use the camo on the one your best at. One great way to grind tier 6's and 7's is in the scenarios. Well most of the scenarios anyway. Good luck and fair RNG's to you mate.

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,763 battles

Gneis is a really fun boat. New Mex is fun too, but torps on a BB? It's just silly fun.

Members
956 posts
11,153 battles

My general idea with boosting xp gains is to do it on ships you dislike grinding.

As far as which of those three I like most would be Gneis.  That ship is a monster and specd correctly is a CV's nightmare.

Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
34 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Do all 3 everyday for the extra bonus's and get whichever you get the XP for first, first

This right here^^

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,107 posts
18,631 battles

Gneisenau. Bismarck and GK are even better.

NM: while the Colorado isn’t as bad as many say you need to suffer through her since she is slow. T8/9 are excellent, Montana is a victim of the powercreep.

Independence: lots of suffering ahead. Ranger and Lexington need lots of skill because any other CV of that tiers is just better. If you feel comfortable with at least strafing you may give it a try. If you play your carriers point and click there is frustration ahead.

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

Gneisenau it is guess it's time to start grinding for the 3mil more credits I need for it and no I won't get premium time I am trying to see how hard it is to grind without buying it if I get it for free that's another story but as of now I don't need it

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Do excel at CVs, close range or midrange brawling? Of all those options unless you're really good at CVs I think the New Mex is the best short term option. 

Independence is going to be a workout unless you're accustomed to the strafe and manual drop. Gneis is a solid option again if you are reasonably good at sticking your nose into other people's business. 

The longer term future of each option is where a bulk of the answer lies. Colorado isn't everyone's favorite but NC arguably is. Bismark is no slouch but then FDG is a workout. Independence- to... ranger? I don't even know. If you're not strong with CVS then... whatever. 

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
2 hours ago, Gascan75 said:

If you're not strong with CVS then... whatever.

well... I do get 60K damage reliably in my bouge and if its a good game then 100K+ but I am a BB main so probably the Gneisenau

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
10 minutes ago, skull_122_steel said:

well... I do get 60K damage reliably in my bouge and if its a good game then 100K+ but I am a BB main so probably the Gneisenau

If you don't have strafe / auto drop experience then that means approximately 0. I'd like to be impressed but I suck at CVs and that's an ordinary day in a Bogue. 

[PVE]
Members
8,851 posts
7,257 battles
10 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

:Smile_great: This.  :Smile_honoring:

When you feel like playing more games, I would go with New Mexico or Gneisenau depending on whether you like AA or secondaries better.