You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Tier 4, The New Tier 10

55 comments in this topic

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

I was kind of bored, but didn't want to get heavily into the game, because I had RL stuff to do. So I took a tier 4 cruiser for a spin. Wow-wee, what happened to low tiers! There were divisions on both sides, running the "good" tier 4 tech tree ships (because the premiums at T4 are pointless). And the two teams camped behind islands on opposite sides of the map. The funny part is, at the low tier, the ships were not in range of each other. The same smoke-n-camp meta found at the top tiers has filtered all the way down to the bottom tiers. I used to drop down to the low tiers once in a while to run around with those sort-of steam-punk old ships, but now it's the same as the rest. I think one reason for this is that if you're not into badges or cartoon girls, there really aren't any particular goals ATM.

Members
587 posts

This guy sometimes makes an appearance....scary sea monster with lots of green smoke in newest upgrade...strange that when it detonates it does not spew green stuff everywhere....

1600px-Rasputin.jpg

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,715 posts
4,502 battles

I should take a Karl out for lolz and show people how much fun it is. 

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Members
1,945 posts
6,549 battles

Everytime I am part of a IV division I always enjoy clubbing other seal clubbers the most.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,327 posts
9,387 battles

Have a top point V-170 on hand for those T4 missions and challenges.  It stills sees a lot of T5, but it can handle that.

Kamikaze, Okhotnik, and Fujin keep getting dragged into Atlanta battles.

[RKLES]
Members
7,097 posts
8,745 battles
1 minute ago, enderland07 said:

Everytime I am part of a IV division I always enjoy clubbing other seal clubbers the most.

Lol when I was new to WOWs I was quick to pick up on the fact Clubbers were using CVs. 

( from 2 years in WOT Blitz I was no stranger to Seal Clubbing)

So I quickly invested in good AA for my ships and read and watched guides on how to evade so this " seal" was taking out the seal clubbers lol. Bet they did not see that coming from glance at my stats.

Have not been down to tier 4 much since those days unless working on grinding a new line. I usually just stick to tiers V-X

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles
53 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I was kind of bored, but didn't want to get heavily into the game, because I had RL stuff to do. So I took a tier 4 cruiser for a spin. Wow-wee, what happened to low tiers! There were divisions on both sides, running the "good" tier 4 tech tree ships (because the premiums at T4 are pointless). And the two teams camped behind islands on opposite sides of the map. The funny part is, at the low tier, the ships were not in range of each other. The same smoke-n-camp meta found at the top tiers has filtered all the way down to the bottom tiers. I used to drop down to the low tiers once in a while to run around with those sort-of steam-punk old ships, but now it's the same as the rest. I think one reason for this is that if you're not into badges or cartoon girls, there really aren't any particular goals ATM.

In bold? Umm excuse me? Nikolai, Ishizuchi, and Arkansas Beta say BULL****.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
6 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

In bold? Umm excuse me? Nikolai, Ishizuchi, and Arkansas Beta say BULL****.

Nikolai and Arkansas Beta are not for sale and rarely seen. Ishizuchi is just OK.

• Cool 1

Members
587 posts

Seal Clubbin'????   You should see the focus fire raining down on this guy...

Most of the enemy has no idea what it is but that it just needs to die NOW!!!   Naval Aviation just cannot stay away from him... Tier four a.k.a Tier fun is great when you just gotta get away from the crazy and shoot somethin..

1600px-Rasputin.jpg

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
148 posts
4,896 battles

I invested in a Yubari just to be a flyswatter at tier IV, so yes, a few premiums are still decent pickups at IV.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
4 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I invested in a Yubari just to be a flyswatter at tier IV, so yes, a few premiums are still decent pickups at IV.

My favorite ship so far. :Smile_medal:

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

Ishizuchi, Isyaslav, Wyoming, Orion, Hosho, Clemson, T4 is a ton of fun to play. Seal clubbing..yes, but many other clubbers there can make it more fun. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles

I was divisioned with a friend who only has tier 4 ships so far. Soooo.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,311 posts
11,415 battles

All tier 2 to 4 premiums are fun to play because of the challenges they bring with them.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I was divisioned with a friend who only has tier 4 ships so far. Soooo.

Likely story...:fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,155 posts
3,867 battles
7 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

Likely story...:fish_viking:

Hey new players don't quit out of frustration until tier 5, minimum.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Hey new players don't quit out of frustration until tier 5, minimum.

Meh...you can club me all you want. It's just part of my learning process. :Smile_great:

I'm pretty adept at evaluation and analysis...it's very easy in battle for me to pick out players that are way more advanced than tier 4. I'm set on getting to a decent level of skill someday. 

[WOLF2]
Members
262 posts
4,284 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol when I was new to WOWs I was quick to pick up on the fact Clubbers were using CVs. 

( from 2 years in WOT Blitz I was no stranger to Seal Clubbing)

So I quickly invested in good AA for my ships and read and watched guides on how to evade so this " seal" was taking out the seal clubbers lol. Bet they did not see that coming from glance at my stats.

Have not been down to tier 4 much since those days unless working on grinding a new line. I usually just stick to tiers V-X

Admittedly, I was one of these CV clubbers you speak of. This was, of course, before the manual drop was removed at tier 4 and 5. My highest damage in the Langley is 186k. There is really no way that can be done any more with auto drop.

Members
1,819 posts
2 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Are you kidding? Imperator is pointless?

and Gremmy? if you are in a tier 4/5 match. 

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,368 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Yeah 12 battles so far in Yubari 100% win rate. Love the dispersion module:)

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts
23 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

Are you kidding? Imperator is pointless?

and Gremmy? if you are in a tier 4/5 match. 

As I already pointed out, these are not ships anyone can buy anymore.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles

You sort of can

Get all the other premiums in black friday amarda sale then get a few dozen santa crates./ Got mine that way. Also got loads of dubloons and uber flags, (what i was really interested in, well that and perth, had a smoke mod with her name on it).