Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chaos_EN2

A Old Hole Snipe's Scenario Ideas

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

I am posting this as some my ideas for improving scenarios, which is fast becoming my favorite game mode. If there have be similar postings and/or if it seems that I am using someone else’s ideas I do apologize. I would like to hear from my fellow players what you think of these ideas and get your input for other changes for scenarios.

PLEASE let's not turn this into a PvP is better and PvE players are losers and such. If you don't play PvE/Operations or don't like it then please just stay out of it. Thank you.

1) Scenario Star Reset – Once a quarter (or yearly) reset all player’s star totals so we can gain the rewards awards, signal flags, Captains, etc. again. Yes, I know this is asking a lot and will most likely draw a lot of heat.  And Wargaming, you wouldn't even have to make it the full reward. We replay more often if we could pick up a few nice flags or camos.

2) Add scenarios for lower tiers – tiers 2 and up or at the very least tier 4 up, there are a lot of early naval battles (like the Battle of Manila Bay, Battle of Jutland, etc.) that could be used as base ideas for these earlier tier scenarios.

3) The Bots – Change up the ship types, like with Operation Raptor Rescue and the Kongo at the end of it, maybe make it any tier 5 BB? So, we the players have change our tactics on the fly more.

4) Please bring back the -1 tiers, for the scenarios I think it was removed because many players where saying that the lower tier ships were causing teams to lose, but even with the team tiers the same I still see teams fail for various reasons.  

5) Maps – change up the maps, add small changes to each of the base scenario maps – remove, move, add islands, etc. for each of the scenarios, say two to four maps for each scenario. Then every time you play one of these random maps would come up for the scenario.

6) Have more scenarios up a week – I would like to see two weekly scenarios, I know right now this would not make much sense due of the number of scenarios we have right now. But maybe later as Wargaming adds more scenarios. Sometimes it is hard finding division teammates during the workweek, school time hours, and during the early hours of the morning to do the ones that are not weekly.

Just shooting some ideas around I am not saying they are the best, or possible. I never designed a game, but I have run a free game server for a while.

Okay fire off you guns!

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119
[SF-A]
Beta Testers
296 posts
9,683 battles

A former FT also enjoys Operations, and I think your suggestions are valid. I think if adopted, they would increase participation. Many people will only play if they do not have 5 stars on the weeks map. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[WOLF2]
Members
860 posts
6,976 battles

Operations are a ton of fun.   But, other than using them as a non-stress XP ride, there isn't much incentive to play them after you get the 5 stars.

I'd enjoy a reset of stars each quarter (or timeframe established by WG).   And you wouldn't even have to make it the full reward.    I'd replay more often if I could pick up a few nice flags or camos.

For the lower tier operations, I'm not sure how much I'd spend in them, but for the newer players, some of those rewards would help their grind.  Why not?

Small adjustments to maps would be nice, as would new maps or situations.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
3 hours ago, CaptnAndy said:

A former FT also enjoys Operations, and I think your suggestions are valid. I think if adopted, they would increase participation. Many people will only play if they do not have 5 stars on the weeks map. 

 

2 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

Operations are a ton of fun.   But, other than using them as a non-stress XP ride, there isn't much incentive to play them after you get the 5 stars.

I'd enjoy a reset of stars each quarter (or timeframe established by WG).   And you wouldn't even have to make it the full reward.    I'd replay more often if I could pick up a few nice flags or camos.

For the lower tier operations, I'm not sure how much I'd spend in them, but for the newer players, some of those rewards would help their grind.  Why not?

Small adjustments to maps would be nice, as would new maps or situations.

 

Thank you both for your input. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Could @Super_Splash_Bro or one of the other Moderators please move this to Player Gameplay Suggestions, I just realized I placed in the wrong part of the forum.:Smile_facepalm:

Thank you, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
On 1/29/2018 at 11:38 PM, Chaos_EN2 said:

2) Add scenarios for lower tiers – tiers 2 and up or at the very least tier 4 up, there are a lot of early naval battles (like the Battle of Manila Bay, Battle of Jutland, etc.) that could be used as base ideas for these earlier tier scenarios.

I would love this. A scenario that doesn't have any aircraft carriers would be a breath of fresh air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,302
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
1 minute ago, Wolcott said:

I would love this. A scenario that doesn't have any aircraft carriers would be a breath of fresh air.

Thank you, I would love to see a Jutland like scenario.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,822
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Although I don't play scenarios You make good points I see no reason the one time rewards are even part of this. I do believe the rewards for completing them should change to smaller rewards but some people really enjoy them. I am not advocating for  Duplicates of the first time around but complete it as many times as you like get something for the effort.{4 flags like a SC consolation prize} 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×