Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

Anyone mesh well with the German cruiser line?

110 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

58
[DOG]
Members
344 posts
8,501 battles
10 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I did OK with Karlsruhe, Loved the Konigsberg, didn't care for the Nurnberg (like it now with the 360 turret buff), Loved the Yorck (I'm an outlier on that one), hated the Hipper and loved the Roon and Hindy. My favorite line!

Loved them all and did quite well with them (have kept them all) - and I'm at the Hindenburg. Roon is fabulous and one of my favorite ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
63
[WOLFB]
Members
302 posts
6,251 battles

In a way i do regret selling my Roon, but i needed the money for the Hindenburg.

Definitely worth the money but there is something i would love to do with the Roon one day...a secondary build. :cap_haloween:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
790
[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,249 posts
10,052 battles

I am a hardcore German cruiser fanboi.  I love the line; I've kept all of them from Konigsberg on up.   I've even developed an appreciation for Karlsruhe now that she's been fixed and buffed a few times (if you didn't play her in late 2015 right after she was released, you have no idea how bad she truly was).  There's a reason that I've gone through the wiki and made sure that each of the German cruiser pages is loved and kept up-to-date. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
532
[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,071 posts
1,501 battles
32 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

I am a hardcore German cruiser fanboi.  I love the line; I've kept all of them from Konigsberg on up.   I've even developed an appreciation for Karlsruhe now that she's been fixed and buffed a few times (if you didn't play her in late 2015 right after she was released, you have no idea how bad she truly was).  There's a reason that I've gone through the wiki and made sure that each of the German cruiser pages is loved and kept up-to-date. 

 

As someone who skipped her back then, i do, ughhhh, cries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,039 posts
4,848 battles
33 minutes ago, Carl said:

 

As someone who skipped her back then, i do, ughhhh, cries.

The Karl was actually pretty OP in my book when the line first came out. It was fun to abuse people with those torps. The arcs are down right criminal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
790
[-K-]
-Members-, WoWS Community Contributors
2,249 posts
10,052 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

The Karl was actually pretty OP in my book when the line first came out. It was fun to abuse people with those torps. The arcs are down right criminal. 

Assuming she could get into torpedo range, given that a small child with pebbles and a slingshot could knock out her engine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,239
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,039 posts
4,848 battles
17 minutes ago, SeaRaptor00 said:

Assuming she could get into torpedo range, given that a small child with pebbles and a slingshot could knock out her engine.

Yeah...it did have it's downsides. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

I'm glad I started this thread...I was able to glean a good deal of info out of it. I'm actually 3-1 in Randoms with it (Karlsruhe) and a 1204 wtr. Thanks for all the great discussion in this thread!! Imaginary +1s for everyone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,527
[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,953 posts
4,318 battles
6 hours ago, BullpupWOT said:

I'm glad I started this thread...I was able to glean a good deal of info out of it. I'm actually 3-1 in Randoms with it (Karlsruhe) and a 1204 wtr. Thanks for all the great discussion in this thread!! Imaginary +1s for everyone. 

Roon is just so good. I cant wait for Hindy

 

Spoiler

KdNmhJR.jpg

Nh0247l.png

iVSvgxE.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38
[BUNNY]
[BUNNY]
Members
96 posts
2,039 battles

I enjoyed it up to Koenigsberg.  Got to Koenigsbergs though and things kind of fell off a cliff.  The ship is basically a giant slow destroyer with awful maneuverability, poor concealment, no smoke, and crappy torps.  Most destroyers seem to be more durable as well, four or fives hits from anything, even DD guns, are usually enough to deleted it.

 

Edited by Professor_Jumbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×