Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Caxi

Henri's AP feels really awful

9 comments in this topic

[ZR]
Members
73 posts
2,618 battles

I've been playing the AIDS bote Henri IV lately and i can't seem to get the AP shells to perform against broadside BBs. At first I thought it was because I was too far away so i spent a few games full on cyka blyat rush BB. At the range of about 6-2km, against iowa/montana class BBs, flat broadside. I aim for waterline: "2 shatter + shell dip hard into the water"; I aim for upper belt: "1 pen 1 shatter 2 overpen", I aim for main belt: "5 shatters". So uhm, if ya'll know what's going on, I'd love to hear it.

[R-R-R]
Members
969 posts
6,410 battles

Just go training room and keep experimenting.

You should be find the best way to do it yourself as an experienced player.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,649 posts
8,027 battles

Yeah aiming at Iowa and Montana citadel often result in shatter. Aim for the upper armor belt, you can easily deal 4-10k volley. If the ship is broadside and trying to angle away, you have a chance to cit him at close range but don't rely on that luck, just shoot the upper armor belt, you know you'll damage him.

Henri's AP is deadly at close range against any broadside . You can lolpen RN CL and cit them from the bow so it's no joke

Beta Testers
578 posts
990 battles

Also be careful aiming super low in the water as the shells (for me) tend to have more tendency to be sucked up by the sea than actually hit home, upper armor belt gives me solid 4-11k salvos.

also, AIDs bote is correct spelling of Henry IV :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,182 posts
7,091 battles

The Henri has great AP, you just can't aim for waterline shots on BB's.

Heck... I got a citadel on a Bismarck last night with my Henri. Not sure how... but it happened.

Members
2,274 posts
7,311 battles

I found HIV AP to be really good, its easy to get 8-10 k salvos against BBs. And you can take half hp of cruisers very easily. 

[SPTR]
Members
25,616 posts
10,807 battles

Henri's AP is good if a Yammy is broadside to you at 17km use plunging fire and you can do 8k dmg each time, at 12km or less you can try aiming for the cit belts of BBs if they are broadside.

mid-range do what others here have already said upper hull armor where its thinner. BB don't go broadside to a Henri at point blank I remember doing a 14k salvo hit with just my guns on a Bismarck when he broadside to me.

[OPG]
Members
3,882 posts
5,476 battles

Well I'll be, I never thought I'd see the day where someone was complaining about the Henri's AP being too weak......

Although I suppose now that you mention it, her AP can be a little finicky against BBs and surprisingly inconsistent at times, but I will always have a soft spot for it in my heart simply because of what it can do to cruisers.  Nothing like blasting a Des Moines 18km away for four citadels, nearly 30k damage and over half its health with one salvo.  

Sign in to follow this