Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Zorwinn100

Training Room - Bring back the Bots!

11 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
189 posts
9,757 battles
  • It has been said before - but I want to emphasize the point: bring back the Bots to the Training Room. 
  • As it is now, the target Bot ships cannot move or fire. 
  • In the prior Mod version of the training room, there was an option to enable active, moving, firing Bots.
  • Bots in a training room are sometimes more useful than Co-Op when experimenting with new ships or unorthodox tactics.
  • If necessary - charge me a little silver to enable Bots each match and I will gladly pay. 
  • Cool 7

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,220 posts
8,387 battles

Yes. 

Please.

Why did you make it worse WG? Why? 

Members
9,862 posts
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Yes. 

Please.

My guess is that they feared too much load on the server, with many individual players creating  12x12 bot battles.

So instead of figuring out the load issue, they simply made it useless for most testing...:Smile_teethhappy:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 minute ago, pikohan said:

Yes. 

Please.

WG is trying to promote the use of Co-Op for practice. and maintain control of how you progress. The old Training Room proved time and again the game is flawed but was used by a very small sample of players whose numbers could be ignored.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,486 posts
2,043 battles

I'm going to put in my vote for restoration of the moving shooting bots. I thought the training room was going to be improved. Instead, they made it useless. (or nearly so).

[T-RIP]
[T-RIP]
Members
1,043 posts
8,052 battles

Want live bots, but don't want to play co-op here, then open a PTS account and play there.

nobody cares win or lose over there, it's all about testing stuff. best place to try out new things and not have to worry about who you might upset.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,796 battles
1 hour ago, awiggin said:

My guess is that they feared too much load on the server, with many individual players creating  12x12 bot battles.

So instead of figuring out the load issue, they simply made it useless for most testing...:Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, I agree that this is a likely scenario.

[STW-N]
Members
116 posts
8,934 battles

yes bring back the bots.. my clan used to set up a a bunch of CVs vs a bunch of us.. now we can't do that.. practice dodging torps. now we have to bother people.. and se had 6 CVs, you put a limit of 3... How is that supposed to work? also how to knife fight with another DD, CL, BB, and CV. now we can't... We have to get another person..

Members
3,623 posts
13,419 battles
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

I'm going to put in my vote for restoration of the moving shooting bots. I thought the training room was going to be improved. Instead, they made it useless. (or nearly so).

No "nearly so" about it. IMHO, it's totally useless now, a big fail. I've given up on this "improved" Training room. It's as useful as a flat spare tire.

Edited by ReddNekk

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Members
160 posts
7,344 battles

Here is the odd thing. On the PTS, the bots functioned perfectly fine. Moved, attacked, etc. But when it went to the Live server, it broke, for some odd reason.

Sign in to follow this