Sign in to follow this  
Mary_Jane_Jackson

The joy of long Downloads

3 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
4,834 battles

I reinstalled my OS.  :Smile_sceptic:  I reinstalled ... wait I actually haven't installed WOWS yet.   :cap_wander: After 16 hours over a cable connection it is still 1.7 gigs short. :Smile_child:  It has given me an opportunity to catch up on some forms, see stat shaming on them  :Smile_izmena: , I got flamed,  :Smile_facepalm:  I laughed we all had a good time, I did the laundry and had great Sunday Morning Coffee with my girl friend. :fish_nerv: I even played with my drone I got for Xmas and video chat with some family in Germany.    :cap_like: The laundry is folded, the toilets are clean, the refrigerator is now full again, I started drinking to early and ... would you look at that ... wows still isn't installed.:cap_wander_2:

Can't we all just get along?  Can't we just download the main application and current updates and keep them stored on the drive so when we have to do reinstalls there is only a minor update?  This is a bit silly to wait this long for an install.  

Oh look !!!    :cap_rambo:  More alcohol.  :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

You aroused my curiosity so I did away with my Wows game folder and downloaded a fresh game with a Casio stopwatch running.

From dl start to Play for 18.xx GB was 10 minutes and 30 seconds.

Now, I use Cox Cable with their Gigabit service, my router can handle Gigabit speed from the internet and it connects to a Gb ethernet hard wire network to my Win 10  gaming computer.

Even if I dropped my bandwidth to 50 mbs it would take less than 4 hours to install a new game.

I looked and Wows stores its' download in the updates folder inside the game folder.

All of my games are kept on a separate ssd and not on the OS drive.

How is your internet, network, and computer set up?

Members
38 posts
4,834 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 8:39 AM, Dadrox said:

You aroused my curiosity so I did away with my Wows game folder and downloaded a fresh game with a Casio stopwatch running.

From dl start to Play for 18.xx GB was 10 minutes and 30 seconds.

Now, I use Cox Cable with their Gigabit service, my router can handle Gigabit speed from the internet and it connects to a Gb ethernet hard wire network to my Win 10  gaming computer.

Even if I dropped my bandwidth to 50 mbs it would take less than 4 hours to install a new game.

I looked and Wows stores its' download in the updates folder inside the game folder.

All of my games are kept on a separate ssd and not on the OS drive.

How is your internet, network, and computer set up?

I keep my games separate from the OS as well.  Comcast it seems is not a generous when it comes to this game in bandwidth as it is with other services.  After the reinstall the game now loads up and loads the game mission itself 4 times slower.

Edited by Mary_Jane_Jackson
miss pelled erd LOL

Sign in to follow this