Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Obvious65

Remove the patches

17 comments in this topic

Members
20 posts
369 battles

The customizable patches that were introduced in the last update should be removed. We already know who killed who in game. Fine. But why these unneeded patches? All they do is come across as an extra "in your face." I like the more sportsmanlike conduct I tend to see in this game. It is quite unlike WoT. IMHO, the patches will subtly undermine that.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,763 posts
26,543 battles

Hmm.... I think you're the first to voice displeasure with the patches. They were the #1 requested feature and WG spent much time and effort to accommodate the absolute groundswell of desire for them. I think you're the only person that may not like them....

;)

Members
20 posts
369 battles
13 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

Hmm.... I think you're the first to voice displeasure with the patches. They were the #1 requested feature and WG spent much time and effort to accommodate the absolute groundswell of desire for them. I think you're the only person that may not like them....

;)

Why would people want them? With so many more ships to be added why waste time on this?

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
27 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

;)

What the OP doesn’t  like seeing the grey wolf I use as stand in for a grey fox after I sink you. Try not to get sunk then.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,453 posts
27,411 battles
23 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They disappear in like 4 seconds, really don't see what the problem is.

They are rubbing salt in the wound of being sunk.  They are unsportsmanlike conduct embedded in the game.  They're offensive.  Do I need to go on?

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,973 battles
8 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

What the OP doesn’t  like seeing the grey wolf I use as stand in for a grey fox after I sink you.

Literally 3 or 4 players a day must see that.

Members
194 posts
7,915 battles

Examples of patch artwork: A flying squirrel, a duck holding a torpedo, a cat, a ships anchor...  How on Earth can anyone HONESTLY claim to be triggered by these types of images?  How are these images unsportsman?

You folks are giving 'snowflakes' a bad name.  

• Boring 1

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
298 posts

At the very least, they seem unnecessary when there are plenty of more important issues to fix, but I also tend to agree with OP's point on sportsmanship.

• Cool 1

Members
3,097 posts
12,298 battles

I like the new badges.  I like the new emblems even more.  Let them be! :etc_swear:

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
254 posts

All of the people some of the time, Some of the people all of the time, But not all of the people all of the time.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,020 battles
56 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious65 said:

Okay, if the playerbase wants the developers to waste time in irrelevant content so be it. Who need real ships? 

Two different groups of people. Ship modelers don't do anything with this stuff.

[TSG4B]
Members
222 posts
6,098 battles
4 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Two different groups of people. Ship modelers don't do anything with this stuff.

This is it in a nutshell... a decent graphic artist can work up these badges in a few weeks (or even a month) where a 3D artist takes considerably longer to create a mesh for the ship, then figure out what parts of it will move and how.

The badge and emblem art it great for what it is.

Members
20 posts
369 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

They are rubbing salt in the wound of being sunk.  They are unsportsmanlike conduct embedded in the game.  They're offensive.  Do I need to go on?

That is what I am trying to point out. Why would people want to have this?

Triggering has nothing to do with it. Having fun with a competitive game and reducing the unsportsmanlike nonsense is the point. I see some people complaining about WG not doing too well retaining new players. This and WoT have steep learning curves. No problem there. I like a challenge. But this penny-ante in-your-face bit after being sunk is childish. Add to that some of the seal clubbing that goes on and the toxic atmosphere that some games have (admittedly this game is not bad about that at the moment) and you have recipe for a new player retention problem. All on line games have a shelf life. Why shorten it? 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I don't like the patches just cause they are so limited in their ability to be unique and I am disappointed with the emblems cause I though they would be shown on applicable ships not just a alternate to the patches. I really don't see how they are offensive or over the top, a 4 second tip of the hat to the person who sunk me doesn't bother me in the slightest bit. I really don't get why so many people are having a little fit over it.

Members
1,442 posts
8,824 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I really don't see how they are offensive or over the top, a 4 second tip of the hat to the person who sunk me doesn't bother me in the slightest bit. I really don't get why so many people are having a little fit over it.

Yeah, I'm also not really seeing how it's offensive or insulting to be shown the emblem of the person who just sank me.  It's not like everybody on both teams isn't aware of the fact I just got sunk.  The little kill spam scroll just above the minimap has been telling everybody about it since the game launched.

The emblems aren't customizable, so it's not like players are going to sneak in racist images or dirty jokes or anything else truly offensive.  I don't think it's "unsportsmanlike" that people I sink get informed by my emblem that I'm good with DD's.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this