Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
phydaux42

I forgot how frustrating Random is

20 comments in this topic

[OGU]
Members
96 posts
3,296 battles

World of Warships is a game that rewards team work.  Played by players without the least inclination to use teamwork.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

WG offers just one Battle Mode for the explicit Use of Teamwork, It is called "Clan Battles" 

Members
4,465 posts
6,203 battles
8 minutes ago, phydaux42 said:

World of Warships is a game that rewards team work.  Played by players without the least inclination to use teamwork.

Random is a random batch of players cobbled together one time for a match. Teamwork would be nice but that will never happen as random is structured now.  Never.  Can't. As stated already clans are for that. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
11,361 battles

Division up, then at least you will have two people to rely on. Or just carry harder.

Members
3,360 posts
3,915 battles

Particularly on the weekends.

The worst thing about randoms are the early, pointless deaths. Like earlier, in a tier 6-8 game, our kutuzov started the match by advancing way too far, taking 2 citadels, smoking, and then dying to a salvo of torpedoes. He did something like 6,000 total damage. We lost.

I hate that. 

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Division up, then at least you will have two people to rely on. Or just carry harder.

But it's so heavy....

• Cool 1

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
12 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

But it's so heavy....

Buy a Bama it’s like a MACK truck for those situations.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
30 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

WG offers just one Battle Mode for the explicit Use of Teamwork, It is called "Clan Battles" 

YEAH! That way when everything goes south faster than you can respond, you know exactly who to yell at. In Randoms there are just too many people to blame!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
14 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

But it's so heavy....

Amazing what a sack of potatoes weighs!

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles

The way I see it, there are two ways to overcome the lack of team work. 1) division up. 2) pick someone on your team, and be the teammate you'd wish you had if you were them.

• Cool 1

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
189 posts

I'm taking an online course in cat herding to help with playing Randoms here.

• Cool 1

[H8TED]
Beta Testers
217 posts
17,121 battles
1 hour ago, phydaux42 said:

For the most part what passes as team work in this game is the lemming train and that is no way to play. I will always go where the lemmings do even if it means crossing all the way against the flow of them if I have too.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
10 minutes ago, Dadrox said:

I'm taking an online course in cat herding to help with playing Randoms here.

Sun Tsu’s art of war. Spelled out how to deal with this.

[WOLF5]
Members
256 posts
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Had a random couple of days ago, all 3 dds on our team , in a division. They stayed together,went out hunting,died early,we lost.......... Divisions can have the exact opposite effect on teamwork....

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

The worst thing about randoms are the early, pointless deaths. Like earlier, in a tier 6-8 game, our kutuzov started the match by advancing way too far, taking 2 citadels, smoking, and then dying to a salvo of torpedoes. He did something like 6,000 total damage. We lost.

Spoken like someone who has never watched a Cleveland stay glued at the hip to the friendly carrier for an entire loss.  Because, "AA support". :Smile_facepalm:

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,786 posts
12,920 battles

One of the keys to playing Random well is to figure out how much teamwork a given group is going to give and moderating one's play style to match.  One can often figure this out in the first minute or so of a match based on where folks are going,  and the amount of useful chat.  Sometimes, you have to do something sub-optimal at a personal level in order to maximize the group capability.  Sometimes, you can integrate into a group where synergy comes together.

Example from last night.  DD heads to A right off the bat.  I'm behind in Atlanta.  I let team know I'm going to radar A if needed.  I get an affirmative from the DD, as well as several from BBs behind me.  DD begins the cap, and comes across an enemy DD...the dance begins.  Both smoke up.  I get an "intel request from the DD).  I radar the cap...and the enemy DD goes down in a hail of "teamwork" gunfire.  TEAMWORK.

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,513 battles

I was playing a match in my Ark B yesterday and these nitwits started shooting each other right away. 

I am just happy when they shoot red ships.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
4,001 battles

The curse of the smoke-capable cruiser - fellow-ships which flee behind islands or behind your smoke cloud, so that the multiple juicy battleships you smoked up in front of just five seconds ago suddenly vanish. And then, AND THEN, when you say in chat "Hey, here you go, turn around and hide in my smoke!" before selflessly abandoning the screen you JUST FINISHED LAYING, they ignore you (and what was worse, the friendly coming up BEHIND me ignored it as well).

OTOH the destroyer captain who laid down a screen for me in my Orion last night? Champion. Thanked him in game, tagged him in compliments. 

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Sign in to follow this