AdmiralThunder

Achievments for Co-op

59 comments in this topic

[F-N-G]
Members
366 posts
7,381 battles

Reduce the ship operating costs too. I'm playing co-op with my Essex and Taiho to finish their commander retrainings, with standard account I have to pay around 50K credits per battle. Sometimes the dumb bots just  ram each other and I finish the battle with a low damage score and an expensive operating bill to pay.:Smile_sad:

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
5 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

Reduce the ship operating costs too. I'm playing co-op with my Essex and Taiho to finish their commander retrainings, with standard account I have to pay around 50K credits per battle. Sometimes the dumb bots just  ram each other and I finish the battle with a low damage score and an expensive operating bill to pay.:Smile_sad:

The ship service cost was reduced by 25% last year for co-op. I believe it will not go lower, but I can see it possibly going to 33% or perhaps even 50%. But no lower than 50%. This is a Free to Play game, but they do want you to buy premium time to make the grind easier and to support the devs who make the game. I think that they have got PvE right to the point that, if you are persistent, you can grind the lower tiers to afford the upper tiers without spending money. But buying that premium time for the year when it is $5 or $6 a month is very tempting.

[F-N-G]
Members
366 posts
7,381 battles

I didn`t know about that. Ok, but if the costs can't be reduced anymore then make the bots stop ramming each other and change their algorithms about what priority target. I'm a carrier player and when I get spotted all the bots start to fire at me, ignoring the other ships close to him. It makes me angry . Once a Minotaur bot keep firing at me, despite I was 11km from him and 3 teammates were much closer to him.

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
12 minutes ago, MaxVladimus said:

I didn`t know about that. Ok, but if the costs can't be reduced anymore then make the bots stop ramming each other and change their algorithms about what priority target. I'm a carrier player and when I get spotted all the bots start to fire at me, ignoring the other ships close to him. It makes me angry . Once a Minotaur bot keep firing at me, despite I was 11km from him and 3 teammates were much closer to him.

Actually the India Bravo Terrathree signal flag can add another 10% off the service fee. You can get those in events and daily crates or purchase them in the premium shop. If you have any ships with perma-camo, you get at least 10% off the service cost on those and some of them are available to earn for free in events. If you are in a clan, there are 10% service discount buildings that a clan can build as well.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
968 posts
11,013 battles

I am behind the times on this one, hence late comms. Well done on all counts Adm. Thunder. From my OCONUS lower South side of the pond where I can no longer play PvP due to hop and ping issues (again, WG have been great on tech assist, not the fault of WG) it would be great.

Well done Sir.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,715 posts
22,058 battles

Thunder this is well thought out and presented beautifully! Well done man! The only thing I would add is to add the "Detonation" achievement to PvE play with a smaller reward, say 3-5 signals as opposed to the 10 you get in PvP play. Getting detonated in PvE play is just as annoying as it is in PvP play only you don't get squat for participating in the fun and engaging game mechanic. Either offer the reward for it in PvE play or just remove it from there. 

[PVE]
Members
10,945 posts
20,732 battles
On 2/4/2018 at 11:01 AM, Gruntdog_3 said:

I am behind the times on this one, hence late comms. Well done on all counts Adm. Thunder. From my OCONUS lower South side of the pond where I can no longer play PvP due to hop and ping issues (again, WG have been great on tech assist, not the fault of WG) it would be great.

Well done Sir.

Thanks.

On 2/4/2018 at 12:01 PM, Taylor3006 said:

Thunder this is well thought out and presented beautifully! Well done man! The only thing I would add is to add the "Detonation" achievement to PvE play with a smaller reward, say 3-5 signals as opposed to the 10 you get in PvP play. Getting detonated in PvE play is just as annoying as it is in PvP play only you don't get squat for participating in the fun and engaging game mechanic. Either offer the reward for it in PvE play or just remove it from there. 

I thought about the detonation one but couldn't modify it to make it different or unique to Co-op so I left it off to keep the peace. I mean you detonate or you don't. No way to make that different LOL.

[TDG]
Members
1,772 posts
11,084 battles

@AdmiralThunder I think it would be quite fair to just allow the current Detonation to work in Co-op.  The mechanic is identical.  The incidence should actually be less as the bots are less accurate in their main battery fire.  Torps are another matter, but I still think this would be fair.

The same argument that it compensates for the early exit still applies in Co-op.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,715 posts
22,058 battles
2 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

@AdmiralThunder I think it would be quite fair to just allow the current Detonation to work in Co-op.  The mechanic is identical.  The incidence should actually be less as the bots are less accurate in their main battery fire.  Torps are another matter, but I still think this would be fair.

The same argument that it compensates for the early exit still applies in Co-op.

I agree, just think the reward should be smaller than PvP play is all. No less annoying if a bot detonates you or a human but PvP play should get bigger rewards. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
28 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, just think the reward should be smaller than PvP play is all. No less annoying if a bot detonates you or a human but PvP play should get bigger rewards. 

agree

[GWG]
Members
6,690 posts

"Can only be earned once per BATTLE"

Random awards are only earnable once per DAY... 

But hey...   I'm all for it..   Let the flag farming begin.

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

"Can only be earned once per BATTLE"

Random awards are only earnable once per DAY... 

But hey...   I'm all for it..   Let the flag farming begin.

All of the flags are earnable once per day, but a lot of the PvP tasks tell you that you can only earn one achievement per battle. Some let you earn achievements multiple times per battle, but you only get one set of flags in 24 hours. 

I would make the following suggestions on earning flags. Make all modes contribute to the 10 per day. So say you win a Leviathan, then later you earn a Kraken. You would get enough flags from the Kraken that both would equal 10 for the 24 hours. If you earn the Kraken first, you get the 10 flags and further Leviathans or Krakens in the 24 hour period would not award flags. That way you are not giving out more flags for PvE and PvP players are more likely to stay in PvP as they get 10 flags instead of 3-5.

For PvE I would go with, 1 flag for regular flags and 3 for heroic. For OPs I would got with 2 for regular and 5 for heroic. Since the impression is that PvE is not as hard as OPs and OPs are not as hard as PvP, this is what would work for the player bases impressions. YMMV. Personally, I don't think that OPs are that much harder than PvE. The bots in OPs are not any better than PvE, there is just more of them. YMMV.

[TDG]
Members
1,772 posts
11,084 battles

Operations already have a set of achievements.

On Detonation, keeping in line with the rest is reasonable.  I still think this is one area where it is fair for the same reward, but I'm only one player.  Others clearly have other ideas.

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
26 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Operations already have a set of achievements.

On Detonation, keeping in line with the rest is reasonable.  I still think this is one area where it is fair for the same reward, but I'm only one player.  Others clearly have other ideas.

But no flags for those achievements.

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
2 hours ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Ah.

Since I never survive the operation, I haven't received any.

You can get flags the first time you get stars on an operation, but subsequent stars, don't bring in more flags.

[-TNT-]
Members
933 posts
17,152 battles
On 1/28/2018 at 5:44 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

With all the recent discussions about PVE/Co-op it brought back to mind the various threads posted by PVE mains with ideas to improve/enhance the mode for those who play it. One of the things I always thought would be kind of cool is if they came up with some achievements for Co-op. Not mirrors of existing ones but rather some tailored to fit the mode. Every mode in the game BUT Co-op has them. While I know fully well this will not be seen in a good light by some is it really such a horrible thing to do? It would be something for the Co-op players to work for and achieve. 

Anyway I was bored today and felt like messing with it. Just threw a quick little list together with some samples and ideas. The awards can be made to look totally different so there is no confusion with other modes (why I used shields)and we don't need a ton of them. I actually came up with 12. 8  Standard and 4 Valiant (play off Heroic). Some are modifications of regular Random ones and a few are new/different. With over 5K Co-op games played in every tier I kind of have an idea by now what is hard/rare to do there. With that said feel free to offer changes or even your own ideas and I will try and incorporate them.

Again, just something extra for the Co-op crowd. They could be shown on the players profile page under Co-op with a new Achievments category added like there is for Random. That keeps them seperate from those and there is no confusion. WG has recently begun to improve on Co-op for us and I would like to see some kind of achievement system added like all the other modes have.  Not to brag or anything just for personal goals and fun like they are in PVP. No big rewards (ie; flags) need be given for getting them either. Heck no reward is fine. Just for S&G's I set it so Standard ones got you 2 flags and the Valiant ones got 5. Just a little something extra.

Now be nice...:Smile_glasses:

Content Edited/Updated 01/29/2018

DIOS9dH.jpg

I like this ideal.  It's less stressful playing Co-op Against AI ships. I like for WG change Co-op matches where we can select the match difficulty from easy, medium, and hard. 

[PVE]
Members
19,771 posts
11,962 battles
1 hour ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

I like this ideal.  It's less stressful playing Co-op Against AI ships. I like for WG change Co-op matches where we can select the match difficulty from easy, medium, and hard. 

I thought bringing back the double the number of bots as a scenario called the Toaster Shootout would be cool.

• Cool 1

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
968 posts
11,013 battles
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:25 AM, DC2Call said:

Outstanding, how about a Co-op Campaign?

Seconded.

[WOLF3]
Members
1,925 posts
7,045 battles

@ OP.  Well thought out proposal.  Good on you, sir!

I am 100% in favor of this.  I got my first Leviathan just a week or so ago in my Schors.

-quote- I thought bringing back the double the number of bots as a scenario called the Toaster Shootout would be cool.

Target rich environment.  I would really like to see this idea implemented as well.

[FACT]
Members
114 posts
8,654 battles

I concur. 

Just stumbled over this thread, love the ideas.

And although nothing to this level has occurred, I believe PvE players have gotten more love in the past 6 weeks.  Not as good as  18 months ago (ARP and Graf Spee missions), but definitely back in the right direction

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
573 posts
15,094 battles

not sure how I missed this thread, followed a Kiz thread to here.  Great idea AT, I support it fully.

Edited by nagasakee

[CO-OP]
Members
1,007 posts
22,118 battles

Completely approve of this idea, especially today as they removed the only achievement from COOP when the Four Goal Haul expired in the latest update.