You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Feets

GET THAT STINKIN PATCH OFF MY SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

48 comments in this topic

[BB35]
Members
18 posts
4,667 battles

For the love of all that is holy please GET THAT STUPID PATCH OFF MY SCREEN!!!!!

Yes, I know my ship was sunk. Big deal. It happens to all of us. But when it does this HUGE STINKING PATCH covers the screen.
Where did my last shots go?

Are my torps going to hit?

How is my team doing?

Is someone going to hit the ship I was targeting?

I don't friggin know because someone had to go and plaster this GIANT PATCH in the middle of the screen!

Please, PLEASE reduce the size of the patch and move it over beside the player's name.

• Cool 24
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 9

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,423 battles

I don't deny that the whole patch thing is a little obnoxious.

• Cool 7

[SIM]
Members
2,442 posts
4,080 battles

The patches are fine in concept, and they have the side effect of melting snowflakes. That said, I agree with the OP that they shouldn’t obscure your view of the action post-mortem. WG should place them off-center or in place of the HUD elements in the corners of the screen.

• Cool 6

[BB35]
Members
18 posts
4,667 battles
2 minutes ago, pikohan said:

I don't deny that the whole patch thing is a little obnoxious.

If you're even the least bit salty or really into a tense moment when you get nuked that patch can also be like a big fat slap to the face.

It no longer tells you who sank your ship. Instead, it is the equivalent of a rude obnoxious player dropping his pants and shoving his bare backside in your face.

Besides that, I can't see what is happening in the battle.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

WG is aware of the downside of this abomination and the Division UI change. There have been many Threads on those two subjects with some good Ideas to help the situation. The remedy  action is still a few Programing weeks away if WG decides to actually do something about it.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

If you shift to free view then back again, then back to free view I think it clears it, or something like that. 

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,427 posts
4,726 battles
23 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The patches are fine in concept, and they have the side effect of melting snowflakes. That said, I agree with the OP that they shouldn’t obscure your view of the action post-mortem. WG should place them off-center or in place of the HUD elements in the corners of the screen.

They need to check out Battlefield and see how they do it with their tags.  That's the way to do it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,154 posts
34 minutes ago, The_Feets said:

It no longer tells you who sank your ship. Instead, it is the equivalent of a rude obnoxious player dropping his pants and shoving his bare backside in your face.

Now THAT would be funny if we could do that, lol.   Esp if the guy you killed had been running his mouth beforehand.

I'm going to instruct my crews to line the rails drop trou, and bend over whenever we pass by someone rude, mouthy or annoying.

Back on topic, I was somewhat nonplussed the first time a bot waved his e-peen in my face and taunted me when I sunk in an Ops match...

• Boring 1

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
5 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Now THAT would be funny if we could do that, lol.   Esp if the guy you killed had been running his mouth beforehand.

I'm going to instruct my crews to line the rails drop trou, and bend over whenever we pass by someone rude, mouthy or annoying.

Back on topic, I was somewhat nonplussed the first time a bot waved his e-peen in my face and taunted me when I sunk in an Ops match...

Ya.  And while they are at it shoot some brown AP when bent over.  Short range but cool if it hits! :Smile_facepalm:

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,281 battles
55 minutes ago, The_Feets said:

If you're even the least bit salty or really into a tense moment when you get nuked that patch can also be like a big fat slap to the face.

Besides that, I can't see what is happening in the battle.

That is why I like them the , slap in the face part

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF9]
Members
3,154 posts
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Ya.  And while they are at it shoot some brown AP when bent over.  Short range but cool if it hits! :Smile_facepalm:

I actually told some guy in chat I was having my entire crew moon him- after he subjected us to numerous really bad ship puns.

• Boring 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,333 battles
1 hour ago, The_Feets said:

For the love of all that is holy please GET THAT STUPID PATCH OFF MY SCREEN!!!!!

Yes, I know my ship was sunk. Big deal. It happens to all of us. But when it does this HUGE STINKING PATCH covers the screen.
Where did my last shots go?

Are my torps going to hit?

How is my team doing?

Is someone going to hit the ship I was targeting?

I don't friggin know because someone had to go and plaster this GIANT PATCH in the middle of the screen!

Please, PLEASE reduce the size of the patch and move it over beside the player's name.

JmhjMZ9.gif

• Bad 2

[BB35]
Members
18 posts
4,667 battles
17 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Use the brown HE. Far more effective.

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
57 minutes ago, Gascan75 said:

If you shift to free view then back again, then back to free view I think it clears it, or something like that. 

I'll have to try this. I tried hitting "escape" to clear it but, of course, this just took me to the main menu. I'll play a quick bot game and get myself killed to see.

Members
617 posts
7,280 battles

There's a mod where you can remove that from MultiPack Beta...

Spoiler

Tis a boring stuff

Edited by DJ_PON3_ZaNe
Tis a boring stuff
  • Boring 1

[BB35]
Members
18 posts
4,667 battles
4 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'll have to try this. I tried hitting "escape" to clear it but, of course, this just took me to the main menu. I'll play a quick bot game and get myself killed to see.

I just tried it. Could not get away. Had to let it fade out.

Members
4,457 posts
6,181 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Feets said:

Use the brown HE. Far more effective.

Hmmmm, maybe but perhaps too much of a "splatter effect" to pen. 

[PSP]
Members
6,042 posts
8,585 battles
Just now, The_Feets said:

I just tried it. Could not get away. Had to let it fade out.

I was going to say that too, I just got myself killed (after killing a couple myself so as to do my fair share) and it seems that you just have to wait until the patch fades on its own.

Beta Testers
366 posts
9,196 battles

Just need an option to turn them off. They weren't really necessary and are to cartoon like for me.

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,101 posts
4,223 battles

From what i heard or read.  Wg is already aware of this issue and will forward it to the developer team.  It up to them to do anything about it

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,607 posts
13,239 battles
58 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

JmhjMZ9.gif

Yes I must comment too it did hook me

I think the whole patch right in the middle of the screen is obnoxious I don't mind if it was on bottom corner somewhere telling us how cool they are but I don't need it right smack in the middle of the screen and huge:cap_yes:

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,645 posts
14,025 battles

n4mMJqY.jpg

u3RreGf.jpg

The WoWS "community" is great and super sensitive.

"Oh I don't like torpedoes."

"Oh I don't like destroyers."

"Oh I don't like ships with cloaking devices."

"Oh I don't like carriers."

"Oh I don't like HE."
"Oh I don't like fires."

"Oh I don't like anime."

"Oh I don't like Makoto Kobayashi camo."

"Oh I don't like those ARP ships."

"Oh I don't like those HSF ships."

Etc.

Etc.

ETC.

RdrCRGo.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,249 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

action post-mortem

SkaerKrow, I love the way you can spin your words. I would have just said "when they sank you"