Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Back to Port on death.

53 comments in this topic

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles

Could we get an option that would see us sent back to port on death? Or could this be modded in?

I think this would help with alot of salt issues.

• Boring 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
2 minutes ago, khorender_1 said:

You cant just hit exit ? and then yes when it asks if you are sure ?

This isn't the point. I'm asking if there's a possibility of adding a feature. Why does this bother you.

• Bad 5

[AR15]
Members
400 posts
2,779 battles
5 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

This isn't the point. I'm asking if there's a possibility of adding a feature. Why does this bother you.

Cause its an unneeded feature.  When people want to they can already go back to port.  No point wasting time on something people can already do.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Rage is never going to end. Sending you to port automatically will not change this because your still mad. The next game will surely be the same with new players to abuse. Anger is infinite. Take a break but leave the dog/cat /wife /kids alone.

• Cool 4

Members
65 posts
750 battles

I think he is referring to others that tie up the chat line with hate speech and nastiness after they get sunk. I know I've done this once or twice but never cussed and tried being somewhat nice in my rant and then afterwards think, that will do nothing so just move along. I am a relatively newer player and the amount of crap spewed on the chat lines is definitely a bit insane, especially after they are dead....the salt flows heavy and rude.

• Cool 1

[-SYN-]
Members
156 posts
134 battles
34 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Could we get an option that would see us sent back to port on death? Or could this be modded in?

I think this would help with alot of salt issues.

No. A) Many players remain in the battle to help their teams. B) It literally takes an instant to exit the battle on your own. If you can't be mature enough to do it, that's on you, teams shouldn't be hurt by losing players who can still help even if they can't fight anymore.

• Cool 2

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
9 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Rage is never going to end. Sending you to port automatically will not change this because your still mad. The next game will surely be the same with new players to abuse. Anger is infinite. Take a break but leave the dog/cat /wife /kids alone.

Actually its not me i'm thinking about but other posters, one specifically who started a thread about raging after the battle and wanting to stop. Got me thinking that this feature wouldn't be so bad. It hurts no one, saves time if one needs to and kills that urge to salt in that just one game where GRRRRRR you were MAD, and then suddenly oh...port right..

This idea hurts no one, so people against it confuse me. Not logical to fight a feature that could be beneficial to some people. After all i'm talking about an OPTION. An option not forced leave lets be clear about this.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, xDiaboliquex said:

No. A) Many players remain in the battle to help their teams. B) It literally takes an instant to exit the battle on your own. If you can't be mature enough to do it, that's on you, teams shouldn't be hurt by losing players who can still help even if they can't fight anymore.

Yeah people using the floating cam to call out ships meta style is cool right. Not all of us do that. I don't see that much at all actually. Maybe in a clan but that's still an OPTION to not opt into so it won't affect you.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
15 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

I think he is referring to others that tie up the chat line with hate speech and nastiness after they get sunk. I know I've done this once or twice but never cussed and tried being somewhat nice in my rant and then afterwards think, that will do nothing so just move along. I am a relatively newer player and the amount of crap spewed on the chat lines is definitely a bit insane, especially after they are dead....the salt flows heavy and rude.

This guy gets it.

But there's also people who really do need to save time. I'm sure there's people that want to streamline going in and out.

This is a game right?

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
57 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

This guy gets it.

But there's also people who really do need to save time. I'm sure there's people that want to streamline going in and out.

This is a game right?

I get it too I get tired of" are you sure?" Are you really really sure? Are you really really really sure? But leaving because of Rage instant port is of no use. Now if you suggested dead men tell no tales with a chat lock on death. A whole different story.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

THERE IS A FEATURE,  mmmmmk?

no one wants there to be an INSTANT BACK TO PORT ON DEATH, because SOME OF US stay in game to help with comms, especially people in a div when one dies and the other is still playing...

stop trolling

• Boring 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

THERE IS A FEATURE,  mmmmmk?

no one wants there to be an INSTANT BACK TO PORT ON DEATH, because SOME OF US stay in game to help with comms, especially people in a div when one dies and the other is still playing...

stop trolling

op·tion
ˈäpSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: option; plural noun: options
  1. 1.
    a thing that is or may be chosen.
    "choose the cheapest options for supplying energy"
    synonyms: choice, alternative, recourse, course of action; More
    power to choose, right to choose
    "leave quietly or be forcibly removed—it's your option"
    • the freedom, power, or right to choose something.
      "she was given the option of resigning or being dismissed"
    • a right to buy or sell a particular thing at a specified price within a set time.
      "Columbia Pictures has an option on the script"
  2. 2.
    American Football
    an offensive play in which the ball carrier has the option to run, pass, hand off, or lateral.
verb
verb: option; 3rd person present: options; past tense: optioned; past participle: optioned; gerund or present participle: optioning
  1. 1.
    buy or sell an option on (something).
    "his second script will have been optioned by the time you read this"
    • US
      transfer a player (to a minor league team) with an option to recall him.
  • Bad 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
1 hour ago, xalmgrey said:

Yeah people using the floating cam to call out ships meta style is cool right. Not all of us do that. I don't see that much at all actually. Maybe in a clan but that's still an OPTION to not opt into so it won't affect you.

again there is an option to LEAVE the battle and return to port. so WHY troll this thread with an idea of adding an option to go back to port when you die, when there is one...
I get the idea that this thread is a lame attempt to troll people who will say what most are saying.. there is an option to return to port so you made a 100% non cnstructive post about it...
PLEASE try harder next time. this bait is spoiled rotten

• Boring 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:
op·tion
ˈäpSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: option; plural noun: options
  1. 1.
    a thing that is or may be chosen.
    "choose the cheapest options for supplying energy"
    synonyms: choice, alternative, recourse, course of action; More
    power to choose, right to choose
    "leave quietly or be forcibly removed—it's your option"
    • the freedom, power, or right to choose something.
      "she was given the option of resigning or being dismissed"
    • a right to buy or sell a particular thing at a specified price within a set time.
      "Columbia Pictures has an option on the script"
  2. 2.
    American Football
    an offensive play in which the ball carrier has the option to run, pass, hand off, or lateral.
verb
verb: option; 3rd person present: options; past tense: optioned; past participle: optioned; gerund or present participle: optioning
  1. 1.
    buy or sell an option on (something).
    "his second script will have been optioned by the time you read this"
    • US
      transfer a player (to a minor league team) with an option to recall him.

MOhfB3W.gif

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
Just now, pmgaudio said:

MOhfB3W.gif

Yeah speaking of a non constructive post here is yours.

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

THANK GOD THERE IS AN IGNORE OPTION......
Good day 

Agreed. The fact that some of you guys are getting offended by someone asking for an option is a sign that you take this game way too seriously and need to live some life and relax.

But yeah thankfully for people like you as well ignore exists.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,847 posts
4,842 battles

You know what I think would be cool.

if players still in the game could eject dead players. Making a contribution, or just being quiet? Sure, hang out. Spewing salt? buh bye!

• Cool 1

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
11 minutes ago, Thornir said:

if players still in the game could eject dead players. Making a contribution, or just being quiet? Sure, hang out. Spewing salt? buh bye!

Vote kick huh. Interesting.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,866 posts
3,984 battles

What they want is not just the exit to port; it's their ship back for re-use the instant it is sunk.

I can think of a few times a sinking ship has provided a torpedo barrier, so I'd say yeah, I can see a point behind it... but only once the hull has fully submerged.

By the same token, though, one might argue for letting the torps run or the shells fly until the ship is fully under, which would convert quite a few last-survivor wins into mutual kill draws. I have actually seen this happen once; a game in which the last two opposing ships either rammed or otherwise killed each other simultaneously. In other words, LITERALLY EVERYBODY DIED. I forget who got declared the "winner", or how this would be figured out. Probably on points.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, Situational_Unawareness said:

Sometimes it’s good to stick around after sinking

Good for who; the guy who spends the rest of the game ranting and raving and then starts telling the other team where your ships are?

1 hour ago, xDiaboliquex said:

No. A) Many players remain in the battle to help their teams.

More remain to be tremendous pains in the rump; seriously, once you're dead, you're dead and goodbye.

1 hour ago, xDiaboliquex said:

teams shouldn't be hurt by losing players who can still help even if they can't fight anymore.

Then those players shouldn't have died and hurt their teams. Maybe it will serve as a motivation to GIT GUD.

56 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Would be nice if dead players couldn’t chat just watch.

^ THIS ^

47 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

I hear what you're saying brother, but .. you shouldn't have died. Dead men tell no tales, so they have no need to chat.

37 minutes ago, Thornir said:

No, this one I disagree with; it gives too much power to irritated players; it either works for everyone, or it doesn't work at all.

Anyone who has played this game for any length of time should know by now that WoW loves the salt; if they didn't they'd axe teamkilling completely.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this