Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BullpupWOT

My first 5v5 and a forum issue I'm having:

11 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

Forum:. When I use the forum on my PC, it's telling me I'm not allowed to post until I have 5 battles (????) WTH?

im still having trouble with the point system and how it works. Had my first 5v5 today. It got to good guys with a BB, DD, and me in my Kuma versus a carrier, Julious Cesar, and a derpski. 

The DD and I were chasing the CV because the JC was camping on the other side of the map. While we were killing him, their DD turned the two caps we had taken earlier giving them a slight point lead. We killed the CV but that did not turn the point counter to our favor(3 to 2 now) but I was expecting it to. I was able to engage the BB for a couple of salvos while failing to find the DD. They won on points. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,705 battles

One of the hard things to learn is when it is time to turn defensive and defend to win.  You'll get there :cap_viking:

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles

I had that same posting issue about 3 weeks ago. I just closed the game and forum down. Reloaded and I was reset to normal.

[CK5]
Members
783 posts
6,261 battles

The important point is that you and the DD did not both have to chase the CV.  One of you take the CV and the other play defense.  In this case, the DD should finish the CV and you in the cruiser should defend the caps.  

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I had that same posting issue about 3 weeks ago. I just closed the game and forum down. Reloaded and I was reset to normal.

that fixed it...thanks

2 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The important point is that you and the DD did not both have to chase the CV.  One of you take the CV and the other play defense.  In this case, the DD should finish the CV and you in the cruiser should defend the caps.  

I realized that a bit too late...I thought killing the ship would turn the points in our favor

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles

Look like you been doing pretty BullPup. How you liking the game?

Members
3,415 posts
6,082 battles

The website is logging you out.  Log back in again with the Remember Me checkbox checked.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
31 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Look like you been doing pretty BullPup. How you liking the game?

enjoying it very much...still suck though...I can't stop separating myself to go after enemy ships

Members
65 posts
750 battles

That is usually what gets me into trouble the most as well but that is because in most other games your goal is to get in the fight and go for the kill not huddle up in a group floating in the corner of the map waiting for an enemy to come within 20 KM. This game goes against every other game and tactic so it is hard to get used to. This game strength is in numbers and if you find yourself separated too far from the group then you are probably about to sink. But, I am sure it will be quite sometime before I feel comfortable sitting in the back so I'll continue sticking the bow in where it probably shouldn't be and try to get a kill, take a cap, or defend a cap.

[BNKR]
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles
3 minutes ago, psmobius1 said:

That is usually what gets me into trouble the most as well but that is because in most other games your goal is to get in the fight and go for the kill not huddle up in a group floating in the corner of the map waiting for an enemy to come within 20 KM. This game goes against every other game and tactic so it is hard to get used to. This game strength is in numbers and if you find yourself separated too far from the group then you are probably about to sink. But, I am sure it will be quite sometime before I feel comfortable sitting in the back so I'll continue sticking the bow in where it probably shouldn't be and try to get a kill, take a cap, or defend a cap.

I'm a really good light tanker...I keep trying to circle death ships. Doesn't work. Lol

Members
65 posts
750 battles
23 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

I'm a really good light tanker...I keep trying to circle death ships. Doesn't work. Lol

Yeah, that tactic won't get you far in this one, LOL!! I love taking out big bad heavies and TD's in WOT with my puny little light tank but this game has no such match up.

Edited by psmobius1

Sign in to follow this