You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ricky_Racer

6 X 6 RANDOM BATTLE ???

10 comments in this topic

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles

Played a 6x6 random battle yesterday. A tier 8 - 10 game. After 300+ total games played, this was a first for me. It occurred with the server population 15,000 plus.

Wondering how rare battle line-ups like this are.

(At first it was played like a rank battle, except we had 1 player afk making it 5 on 6)

A total different game play for me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles

Most likely a que dump. Someone waited a long time and hit the 5 minute trigger.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles

It’s not as rare as you would think.  This usually happens with high tier carriers, especially tier 9. If CV queues up and there is no other CV of the same tier to match it with, the game will wait for that other CV of same tier.  If it wait more that 5 minutes, the MM will switch into “immediate” game mode, and create game pretty much the instant the other CV tries to queue up.  MM does not spend any time creating such game, it grabs whatever ships it can find.  That’s why you  should never let the queue go for 5 minutes.

I was in game with 2 vs 2, and 3 vs 3 this way.

[-V-]
Members
217 posts
808 battles
14 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Most likely a que dump. Someone waited a long time and hit the 5 minute trigger.

8 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

It’s not as rare as you would think.  This usually happens with high tier carriers, especially tier 9. If CV queues up and there is no other CV of the same tier to match it with, the game will wait for that other CV of same tier.  If it wait more that 5 minutes, the MM will switch into “immediate” game mode, and create game pretty much the instant the other CV tries to queue up.  MM does not spend any time creating such game, it grabs whatever ships it can find.  That’s why you  should never let the queue go for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the explanation.

It was just really weird.

I hit the BATTLE ON button before going back to port, which I had never done before and probably won't do that again.

(And yes, it was a CV included battle, though very lopsided)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles

Happens more often with either very high or very low tiers, and usually at times when the player que is not fully populated.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,291 battles

I agree.  It was almost certainly a high tier, often involving a CV, queue dump.

38 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

^QFT!!!

Exactly.  Never ever let the queue hit the max time, whether it's 5 minutes in randoms or 30 seconds in coop.  Just exit the queue, and re-enter it.  Rinse and repeat as necessary.  Or go to a lower, more populated tier to find a battle.

Members
2,748 posts
6,242 battles
1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Happens more often with either very high or very low tiers, and usually at times when the player que is not fully populated.

Late one Saturday night I had one of those "one more game" moments and wanted to do something a bit different. I moved a 19 point captain down into the Erie, slapped camo on it and put on 8 signal flags. Waited forever and actually qued up in a one on one battle with an Orlan. It was fun.