You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

500 PvP games for a PvE main, stat check time

14 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles

So I'm a PvE main and I have decided to grind through the Yamamoto and Honorable Service campaigns this year. I had posted a thread about getting my first Confederate, and @RipNuN2 had mentioned that it would be cool to see what my stats are like after a 1,000 games. I think it will be neat as well. I should hit 1,000 PvP games easy this year with both of the above campaigns, so here's the post and I'll check back at game 1,000. I have played 221 PvP games in 3 months, so 500 in 11 months should be easy.

Game 500 was a nice omen I think. https://replayswows.com/replay/15523#stats (7.0 replay)

Spoiler

Yes, I was running a bunch of XP flags.

v8haVHj.jpg

Top on the Team! I defended the C cap for a while and a Gallant and I cap'd it after the BBs move off.

TN8qieU.jpg

I think I did much better than my normal 10k on each red. The Red Gallant and I traded shots that blew each other up. It was funny, but we had the game in the bag at the end.

f6Gjs1U.jpg

Nice captain XP for the Mogami 155mm captain that I am working on.

1ZxW7ra.jpg

Here are my PvP stats for 500 PvP games. When I first found out about stats, I was 45% ish IIRC.

Spoiler

All the PvP.

G9NTnA7.jpg

I stink at DDs :Smile_child:

UhcRTtx.jpg

I'm alright at cruisers.

R3adQ4t.jpg

I play BBs most, although cruisers are catching up fast.

RSJJdts.jpg

Hey I'm unicum in CVs and Superunicum in Langley CVs! :Smile_teethhappy:

YJ8E1HP.jpg

Top ships in PvP.

GKDjBya.jpg

My PvP stats are almost all solo as here are my division stats

Spoiler

Three ship divisions

9I8tcqG.jpg

Two ship divisions

WiqLx7Y.jpg

I tried out ranked a few seasons back.

Spoiler

XWRQgZX.jpg

PvE stats. I had 3,847 games in PvE when I hit 500 PvP games.

Spoiler

All of PvE

MLLGRhS.jpg

I'm not that good at DDs in PvE either. :Smile_child:

3LAE3qW.jpg

Cruisers are what I play most in PvE now.

rmCsuBH.jpg

BBs are always fun, but I think I'm a cruiser main now.

17T0YmU.jpg

Learning to play CVs. Still need to take Kaga into PvE.

Xuo9P50.jpg

Top ships

1UXOfT6.jpg

For those of you who don't care about this post, this is not the thread you are looking for. Move along. Move along.

I just think it will be an interesting exercise and I didn't realize I had converted to a cruiser main in PvE and am rapidly doing that in PvP.

• Cool 7

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Very nice! Always nice to see players branching out into new things. :Smile_great:

[HINON]
Members
8,796 posts

You are doing very well for the number of games you have. I imagine as you continue to learn and look at ways to improve and position, your stats will go up.

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You are doing very well for the number of games you have. I imagine as you continue to learn and look at ways to improve and position, your stats will go up.

I certainly hope so. :Smile_child:

There are days where I can't hit water tho. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

biggest thing you can improve is your aiming.  20% is low, but not unreasonable after number of matches in pvp.  (much harder to hit than pve)    it will go up over time though.    I was at low 20% for  first 2k pvp matches.        probably could be bit more aggressive  , but  that is also not unusual. 

everyone goes through cycle of yolo, snipe/camp, lemming train before they become decent.       looks like you are somewhere in camp/lemming train phase.      work on improve aiming and situation awareness to know when to push.

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
9 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Very nice! Always nice to see players branching out into new things. :Smile_great:

Thank you.

It was mostly spite. :Smile_teethhappy: All the PvE naysayer comments that PvP is hard and you can't have rewards in PvE as it is baby, training mode and should be done away with.

Heck, you can hold down the left mouse, randomly push WASD and fail your way through the XP and Credit tasks in the Yamamoto campaign. So this PvE main is doing it. :Smile_izmena::Smile_teethhappy:

2 minutes ago, centarina said:

biggest thing you can improve is your aiming.  20% is low, but not unreasonable after number of matches in pvp.  (much harder to hit than pve)    it will go up over time though.    I was at low 20% for  first 2k pvp matches.        probably could be bit more aggressive  , but  that is also not unusual. 

everyone goes through cycle of yolo, snipe/camp, lemming train before they become decent.       looks like you are somewhere in camp/lemming train phase.      work on improve aiming and situation awareness to know when to push.

I definitely need to become a better shot. I think I'm ok on angling. 1.1M potential damage in an Atago is ok, right?

Actually, I was camping in my first 100 games or so and my survival rate was too high and everything else too low. I'm almost as aggressive in PvP as I am in PvE and I get overextended a lot. I'm trying to learn that balance from PvE aggressiveness or you don't get points and nope, can't camp, but can't push so hard right now either.

I recently played a epicenter game where I charged into the center in Indianapolis to flush out two DDs that were hiding behind an island, smoking up in sequence and holding up our side. It was not the smartest move I'm sure, but my RADAR forced them out of the cap. I got nuked by some BBs, but I got those DDs out of the way and our team won.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you are doing pretty well in atago, but small  sample,  if you can maintain that stat, you are doing good.  NO is interesting bote and it requires certain style to make it work.    it doesnt play like most CA in that you need to get close and kill DDs.      for me, figuring out a meta for each ship is what is challenging at times.   it can take me upto 40 matches to figure it out.         you do have most game played in BB though and i tend to base my judgment on most played.    keep at it and youwill improve.

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
8 minutes ago, centarina said:

you are doing pretty well in atago, but small  sample,  if you can maintain that stat, you are doing good.  NO is interesting bote and it requires certain style to make it work.    it doesnt play like most CA in that you need to get close and kill DDs.      for me, figuring out a meta for each ship is what is challenging at times.   it can take me upto 40 matches to figure it out.         you do have most game played in BB though and i tend to base my judgment on most played.    keep at it and youwill improve.

Well, I'm grinding all the lines. I don't necessarily like to play the same boat over and over. I'm sure once I have ground out the lines, I'll pick some boats to focus on. The only reason I have 91 games in Arizona and 37 in Warspite is the ARP and Seagal missions from 2016. I ground through New Orleans in PvP for the upcoming US cruiser split. I probably should stick more to T6-7 as New Orleans and Baltimore are my highest tech tree ships. I didn't take out Kutuzov or Loyang until a month or so ago (even in PvE), even tho I got them Thanksgiving 2016. I just didn't feel comfortable with T8 play. That is why my Tirpitz WR is soo low. I used it for events where I needed a T8, when I wasn't good enough for T8 play.

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
4 minutes ago, Jazzyblaster said:

Very nice. Well done!

Thank you.

• Cool 1

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,201 posts
6,433 battles

Those results seem good for someone who had his first experience with PvP. Keep it up :Smile_honoring:

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
3 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Those results seem good for someone who had his first experience with PvP. Keep it up :Smile_honoring:

Thank you. Almost half of the PvP games have been in the last 3 months. I just need to shoot better and figure out how not to over extend, while not camping too much. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_child:

Members
2,748 posts
6,229 battles
3 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There are days where I can't hit water tho.

I played so bad one night I think I shot myself!

[PVE]
Members
8,798 posts
7,234 battles
16 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I played so bad one night I think I shot myself!

:Smile_teethhappy:

Someone did that in an Udaloi with a torp I seem to remember. :)