You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gbgentry

Game crashing

13 comments in this topic

[DHO-2]
Alpha Tester
656 posts
1,550 battles

Anyone else seen an increase in their game crashing lately?  Sadly, I was 3-for-3 yesterday :cap_rambo:

[AGUB]
Members
4 posts

I can agree. The game will crash or freeze.  It happens at any time.  I have broadband with all the Microsoft and WOWs updates.  Really is an unstable platform.

Members
1,767 posts
8,068 battles

If you're computer savvy you can take a look at Event Viewer and get an idea of why it crashed. In my case WoWS and my audio driver don't like each other.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

Nope...  Only crashes I have had are from a video card driver for an OLD video card.  IF you play on a Mac you will have more issues than folks who play with a PC.  I would start looking for logs and in the Event Viewer to see what info might be gleaned to see what might be causing a crash.  I would also check the integrity ofthe files via the built in file checker in the game.

Edited by CylonRed

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,065 posts
12,619 battles

Try running the WGCheck tool

https://na.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/770

It will check your system for any WG problems. It may fix your problem. And if not it will prepare a report that you can send to WG tech support.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,841 battles
1 hour ago, gbgentry said:

Anyone else seen an increase in their game crashing lately?  Sadly, I was 3-for-3 yesterday :cap_rambo:

Happens to me on a regular basis, I'm loading for a game and "POOF", there is Yamato and the sign in screen.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,271 battles

I started having regular crashes just after new years. I started a ticket on the 6th - 22 days of issues and counting. I have done everything tech support has asked.   They have stopped responding to my daily updates and ignore my questions.

My hope is one of the patches fixes it.

Below is what I have found to slow the rate of crashes:

1) Boot the computer from off

2) Clear the cache

3) Run Check and Repair from in the Game Center

4) Run the game in Safe Mode (little arrow on the play button)

This seems to have work for short-ish game sessions (say 1 to 5 games)

Good luck.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
7 hours ago, Geococcyx said:

They have stopped responding to my daily updates and ignore my questions.

Having done support for games (and other larger IT systems)  - they likely will not have the 'fix'.  There are hundreds of things it can be just on your PC alone much less anywhere else.   Everything vcan't be logged in a file or else gigs of data would be used quickly.  They don;t have access to your exact build with your exact settings for the OS with your exact mix of drivers.  The devs would need to debug your specific game install, which can't be done.  Between hardware and drivers - there are probably a thousand variables and add a few hundred more for the code. 

At times they have to hope they stumble across the issue on their end and then they would know if it is something they can deal with or elsewhere..

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
207 posts
5,271 battles
12 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Having done support for games (and other larger IT systems)  - they likely will not have the 'fix'.  There are hundreds of things it can be just on your PC alone much less anywhere else.   Everything vcan't be logged in a file or else gigs of data would be used quickly.  They don;t have access to your exact build with your exact settings for the OS with your exact mix of drivers.  The devs would need to debug your specific game install, which can't be done.  Between hardware and drivers - there are probably a thousand variables and add a few hundred more for the code. 

At times they have to hope they stumble across the issue on their end and then they would know if it is something they can deal with or elsewhere..

Fair enough - but to stop responding to the customer? Did you ever just stopping trying to help? Just not respond?

I have asked questions, they have ignored them.  That is, not dismissed them, but just ignored them. I send them daily reports, I have tried to solve this on my side looking at my computer, drivers, installs, settings - whatever they ask me to look at, I do my best - and now 5 days with no response, no help, not even a "we can't help you." Just silence. Please note that I have been playing WOWS on this computer without any major changes for just under 2 years and never had this degree of issues.

I just want to get back to playing without fear that I will crash in the middle of a game.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles

It is a double edged sword - if they say they can't fix it or find the issue then that is used against them at every chance with things like the following:

1.  Dev suck they can't fix their own game.

2.  Devs admit they are useless.

3.  Devs don't know how to debug their own code.

4.  Devs admit game has lots of problems they can't fix.

5.  Devs don't know how their game/system works...

I have heard them all...  and the above is actually worse than not saying anything.  They would have to be able to get to your machine and debug it at length - for one person...  Suffice to say that if they stopped responding - there is nothing they can suggest that they have not already done.  If you try new things I would update the ticket just so they have more info but the vast majority are not having issues so it will be one of those things that they hope to stumble across.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,109 posts
18,631 battles

Strangely I don’t have any issues anymore since the last patch.

[TBCIC]
Members
576 posts
6,361 battles
11 hours ago, gbgentry said:

Crashes happen; for me at the most twice daily lately (kicked out to Log In) since 7.x roll out  .. it's to the point of being expected .. oh well ..