Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[W-G]
Members
127 posts

WG, i think you have your spotting conventions completely backwards.  my friends and i all have the same complaints.  BBs that disappear 9km from me, and then....I SEE THEM SHOOT, BUT NO SHIP APPEARS????????????????.  no smoke, no nothing but open water.  we especially love the enemy CAs, behind an island, that are visible, yet no friendly plane is near, or even in the air, no friendly DD spotting from timbuktu, absolutely no reason that CA should be visible, yet.....as soon as the CA comes out from behind the island......BOOM!!  it disappears.  i can not count the number of times an enemy ship disappears AS SOON AS I ZOOM IN!!  or the ones that disappear as soon as our turrets have rotated on target.  i swear there are algorithms embedded that purposefully keep enemy ships invisible, when they should clearly BE VISIBLE!! 

[O_O]
Members
4,335 posts
9,288 battles

I don't experience what you are talking about.

I will say that I find it annoying when a ship pops up on the mini-map, but takes a couple of seconds to show up on the water.  And, if I come around an island and find a ship at danger close range, why does my "detected" alert display a couple of seconds before the other ship appears.  We should see each other at the same time.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

I agree that the spotting and detection mechanics both need some additional work, as I have also experienced both of these things, and both are really annoying.

• Cool 1

Members
9 posts
891 battles

I had several matches yesterday with spotting issues.  I was in a dd by a rock, an orlan rolls around on me from 3km away and just suddenly appears.  I also was in another dd, didn't fire a shot and got spotted from 8km, when my range is 6km.  Unless they had some special mod on their ship to see me but I doubt it.  Just got out of a match where I was being bombarded and couldn't see the ships shooting me even though the map showed them but I couldn't see them on my screen.  I don't know if its a graphics issue or what.  These are all tier 1-3 matches.  So that's why I doubt that hydrocoustic search spotted me.

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
162 posts
3,512 battles

I now consistently have a problem with enemy ships disappearing.  I'm going to try an track it a bit but it seems to always happen when I'm in binocular view, locked in on a ship waiting for my turrets to line up and whoosh, gone.  They reappear in 5 seconds or so.  No smoke out there.  I can't pinpoint when it started but it was a week or 10 days ago.

Sign in to follow this