You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TimNKate

Research price question

10 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
7,738 battles

No where in the game does it explain the layout of this and not sure how to read it. 

it says research price: 71 800 does that mean I have to have 71 800 of convert XP. If it does, I only have 8 814. or does it mean of exchange credits because I have enough of them (50 147 277). Is it the doubloons? or is it a mixture of the above? I don't know how to read it. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

money.jpg

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

you need 71800 on  your current ship to research the next ship

if you do not have full 71800, you may use converted free XP to bypass part(or all) of the 71800

if your regular XP + converted free xp is still smaller than required amount, it will display "required" (like the screenshot you posted)

credit is irrelevant in this case

Members
9,864 posts

XP belongs to the individual ship. You grind xp in one ship, to earn the next.  

Free xp is something entirely different,

Stop looking at the free xp, save it for modules.

Edited by awiggin

[R-F]
Members
675 posts
6,180 battles

You're looking at unlocking a ship that costs 71,800 xp.  That's your first number.  Note that this is exp, not credits.

You're 53,282 xp short of having enough.  That includes whatever xp you've earned on the previous ship and your free xp.

The 8814 is your free xp.  You could get more by converting ship xp from ships that have elite status (you have researched everything possible on that ship), but converting xp requires dubloons, and you have none.

You have 50 million credits but you're not attempting to do something that costs credits, so it doesn't matter.  Once you unlock whatever ship you're looking at with xp, you'll need the credits to actually buy it.

• Cool 1

[ANZAC]
Members
127 posts
3,933 battles

^^ If you go to modules tab for your present ship you are currently grinding, you will see how much ship XP you have earned to get the next ship in line.

Members
1,787 posts
17,379 battles
1 hour ago, TimNKate said:

not sure how to read it.

How are you still unsure about something this basic after 2,801 battles...did you take over somebody else's account?

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
7,738 battles

It is my own account. I didn't get it from someone. There is gold stars and silver stars. One is XP and not sure about the other because I don't have the game in front of me. I have played numerous games and cannot get the xp over 10 000. It is at 8 814. If it is that that I need to get over 53 282 so I can get tier VII ship, I will never reach it. I have been playing forever and not even coming close to 10 000. I just got premium and still not making much. If it is credits that would be no problem. I have tons of that. I am just trying to understand the layout better. I think the xp is what I need to buy the ship. However if you add the 8 814 to the 53 282 It will not equal to 71 800 so that is confusing.

Edited by TimNKate

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Each Ship has Silver Stars {Ship EXP} This is earned by this ship only,the more you play it the more Silver stars you will earn. To research a ship you must have the previous ship fully upgraded or at least the direction arrows found in the Modules tab lined up and upgraded to the next ship. your Gold Stars {Free EXP} are also awarded to you when you go into battle and are usable for any ship Modules or can be added to any existing silver stars to move forward in research of the next in line. 

Silver Stars = Ship EXP on that ship

Gold Stars = EXP that can be used on any Ship module or in Captain Training.

Once a Module is researched you still have to pay for the actual item with exchange credits.

Doubloon are bought with "Real Cash" and can convert Silver Stars to Gold Stars  at a rate of 1 doubloon and 25 silver stars = 25 gold stars

and Have a Purchase of 1 doubloon buys 1500 exchange credits 

Members
8 posts
7,738 battles

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have never been much of a gamer. In fact this is the first game I have continuously played. I usually get bored before learning how to play. I had an idea what they were for but wasn't positive. Everyone gave great answers. Clutch_Cargo thanks for the detail on it.