Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
EdeIweisse

Roma's port side and rubber boats

3 comments in this topic

Members
190 posts
20 battles

I'm currently making the finishing touches to a skin I've made for Roma as she appeared in her final days. The problem is I can't find any good sources for her port side. I'm confident with the accuracy of her starboard since there's so many high quality images but I've only pieced together what I have of portside with unreliable camouflage profiles and one image taken from an extreme angle. 

rdHEZLH.jpg

Another question I have is in regards to her lifeboats. 

3koxmI7.jpg

I understand this image is of her before her sinking but I'm really focusing on the boats here. I often see the boats themselves depicted as having a bright yellow body with a red cross; this photo suggests otherwise. Clearly the boats are a single tone and the covers are two contrasting colors. Anyone have a clue as to what those colors may be? Another thing, can anyone confirm the color of her anti-fouling paint? Was it green or was it red?

As always I appreciate any input to improve the historical accuracy of my skins but please do keep in mind that sometimes one must make compromises when making skins so 100% accuracy is typically impossible. 

P.S has anyone seen my thread? I can't find it. 

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

The antifouling paint was red on Roma according to Carlo Cestra.

[DJC]
Members
6 posts
1,584 battles

Starboard and port sides along with a bird's eye view if that's of any use.

rn-roma-1942-battleship.png

Lifeboats appeared as a very light yellow/beige it seemed.

Skin already seems to be coming along well with that first picture, happy to help with any sources you may need.

Cheers :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this