You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ulthwey

Torps citadeling? Whaaaa?

9 comments in this topic

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I had the weirdest thing happen to me few days ago. I'm trying to find the replay.

I am playing my Mutsu, and take a single torp in the center belt from an enemy Shinonome. I was full HP at the time. What surprised the hell out of me, is that one single torp hit me for around 24k. Does anyone know how this is possible? Torps can detonate ships, but I dont remember seeing them ever citadeling a ship. What am I missing? Bug maybe? Or maybe I got citadeled by a torp?

Note, I was not hit by any other shells or torps, only that one single torp. There was no asssociated sound in the background, as in the one you hear when you are citadeled by someone.

Anyone?

Edited by Ulthwey

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,338 battles

Have an explanation, very boring though..

Two torps right on top of each other. 

Beta Testers
1,865 posts
4,517 battles

Possibly a desync which made it look as if only one torp hit you while two actually did (happens alot if the two torps hit really close to either end of the ship) 

[R-F]
Members
664 posts
6,150 battles

Post-game scoreboard should tell you exactly what happened.  You can hover over the damage type to see exactly how much damage you took from what source.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,672 posts
7,499 battles

It’s just one of those wired things that happen like the other day I’m in my Tirpitz at full health and notice a group of bombers headed my way and as I look up and think gee that’s a lot of planes than BOOM!! I blow up when I look at the details I see why I blew up Apperently 16 bombs hit me...at pretty much the same time

Members
3,406 posts
6,067 battles

Stacked torps or a cit and yes - they can cit.  They generally have to hit an exact spot like a spot under a turret.  I have been cit'd in a Bismark by a torp once when I was trying to dodge the torps and alllllmost made it.

Members
503 posts
2,823 battles
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Stacked torps or a cit and yes - they can cit.  They generally have to hit an exact spot like a spot under a turret.  I have been cit'd in a Bismark by a torp once when I was trying to dodge the torps and alllllmost made it.

Wrong. Torps don't citadel as they already count as citadel (full) damage. Only reduction comes from the torp belt or damage saturation but the damage is still counted as citadel damage. There is no damage multiplier beyond the damage they're capable of other than a detonation.

2 Torps less Mutsu's belt is around 23k so there you go.

Edited by ksix