You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
supernovabn

Need Help with Khabarovsk

11 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
Members
51 posts
4,579 battles

Hello everyone!

Yes, the title says it all. I need help with apparently one of the best ships in the game. Sad, I know. 

I had no trouble with the Tashkent. 0 worries. In fact, it's one of my favorite ships right now.

Some issues I'm having with Khaba:

1. The range decrease from Tashkent

2. The larger size and crappier maneuverability

3. Somehow everyone wants to focus me

Stats for reference:

Capture.thumb.PNG.75ce69b81697e82bb49d834524a85806.PNGCapture.thumb.PNG.3aea78fdcc39fa50a335060ebabf91cb.PNG

(The 60% WR is probs luck lol)

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,339 battles

#1 GO FAST....

#2  shoot guns..

#3 go fast...

#4 dont ever stop going fast...

#5 dont stop shooting guns...

Watch a few vids.... it is a BEAST, and when used just right, no one on the red team will be happy till you are DEAD... and they will sigh when they see the team list waiting for the battle to start...

I think the key is using BOTH rudder mods to make it turn... Concealment is already a crapshoot and it is too big and way to fast to concern yourself with 1 or so KM of concealment when you need to turn....
IFHE might be something to look into...
Notser and Flamu have really good opinions on the ship... look them up...

good luck, so far you are doing great

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 2

[-ARP-]
Members
51 posts
4,579 battles
20 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

Watch a few vids.... it is a BEAST, and when used just right, no one on the red team will be happy till you are DEAD... and they will sigh when they see the team list waiting for the battle to start...

Thanks for the tips!! I will definitely look into those vids :)

• Cool 1

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles

few questions

1.do you use smoke or heal 

2.do you use the same captain from the ship before and if so is he fully trained to the ship if not that may be the reason for the range decreased

[OBS]
Members
1,243 posts
9,006 battles

Had a Khab da** near burn me down BY HIMSELF in Kurfurst the other day, and I was hitting him consistently.  HP pool enabled him to do as the other guy said; speed, maneuver, shoot.  I ended up doing ~30K to him and he ultimately lost, but combined HE and fire damage from that little turd exceeded 100K.  Usually I won't even bother to chase them alone because it is a huge waste of time but it more or less paid off in this particular instance.

[-ARP-]
Members
51 posts
4,579 battles
3 hours ago, skull_122_steel said:

few questions

1.do you use smoke or heal 

2.do you use the same captain from the ship before and if so is he fully trained to the ship if not that may be the reason for the range decreased

1. I use heal (Just like I did on the Tashy)

2. He's fully retrained, even then, the Khaba range is less because it does not have access to a range upgrade that the Tashkent had (so 10% less range)

• Cool 1

1,542 posts
26 battles

Khab is a really strong ship. I'm sure once you use some of the tips above you'll really enjoy her!

Members
321 posts
307 battles

Same proble, I understand is following the 2 main ideas (keep firing and moving fast) and practice...

Members
87 posts
402 battles

Khaba took a few big nerfs to it. The rudder which is so key to it being almost impossible to hit at ranges greater than 12km, had its shift speed reduced significantly. Before that it had a range nerf as well. 

Stay at Max range and work closely with another stealthy DD. 

The toughest Khaba games are the ones where u are the only ship between yourself and the enemy, you have to cap, and the enemy had a stealthy DD. 

• Cool 2

Members
26 posts
5,966 battles

Some important key points made by other posters that I will echo: 

1.  The rudder nerf hurt Khaba more than any other nerf.  Combat it by taking both rudder shift mods.  

2. Heal & superintendent for more heals is key for survivability.  

The most important things that completely turned my Khaba gameplay from struggling to successful: 

1.  11km-13km is your survival zone.  Do not get closer to BB's or cruisers.  At this range, you can actively dodge shells, and never sail in a straight line when you are targeted.  At this range, most will struggle to hit you, but you should be able to consistently hit them.  

2.  Don't play objectives like a DD.  You are most useful to your team when you deal damage and persuade enemies from moving into areas by making it cost them too much to push you.    Let other dd's or cruisers with better concealment and smoke cap.  Don't even go into caps in early game.  Support capping dd's with fire when they spot enemy dd's, but do it from behind or along side the caps.  Later in the game, you can challenge dd's 1v1 in caps and win.  

3. Maximize damage by paying attention to damage control usage.  If you have 3 BB's to shoot at, light a fire on one and change targets until he uses DC.  Then light him up with 2 or 3 fires for max damage.  If he doesn't DC, light a fire on the next BB and move on to the third.  Spread fires around until someone DC's, then burn them down.  When you start having 90k-100k of fire damage in a game, you will start seeing 200k damage games.   

4.  AP is strong on broadsides.  An Ibuki surprised me at 7km from behind an island.  He started with +30k compared to my 14k hp's, and my Khaba melted him to zero while only losing about 7k because he sailed in a straight line while I maneuvered and chain fired AP constantly.   In other situations, you will consistently get 2.5k - 3k salvos on cruisers and BBs at range.   

Much of this is similar as what you saw with Tash except #1.  This was by far the most important lesson I learned and made the most difference for my survivability.   Hope this helps.  

• Cool 2

[_USS_]
[_USS_]
Members
284 posts
9,146 battles

Bought the Khabarovsk Yesterday..............I could not stop playing it. I got better as I played more.

I did melt a full health NC and I could not stop smiling.

the TK to the KHAB grind was the funnest grind to date