You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Godweeno

Wargaming hurry up with US cruiser tree split

51 comments in this topic

[LWA]
Beta Testers
6 posts
6,277 battles

I'm hoping the french bb release soon so we can get on what everyone wants.  The US cruiser tree split!

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
1 minute ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I am fully prepared for the split at any time.

Same here. ;o)

My 19-point Cleveland captain is ready for Tier VIII shenanigans! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

WG announced at WG Fest the other week that from now on, ship lines/releases are going to be done by quarter/theme only. Each quarter is dedicated for a line and theme. Meaning only 4 lines/splits per year. The first quarter is dedicated to France/French BB line. US cruiser split was stated to be arriving after the French BBs. Meaning they’re slated for the second quarter.

Releasing the French BBs faster is not going to bring the US cruiser split any faster since each line is dedicated for a quarter only now. Seeing as the first quarter still has both months of February and March that need to pass before you hit the second quarter, that means the time table for the US cruiser split is between April-June for their quarter since Jan-March is the French quarter. So even if the French BBs were to release next week, you wouldn’t see the US cruiser split at the earliest until April since that’s when the second quarter has been dedicated/reserved for them starts.

Im personally hoping they decide to can the quarter idea.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
10 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Jan-March is the French quarter

How fitting, considering that Mardi Gras is right in the middle of all that.

I wonder if WGNA will do a French-themed event for it? Paging @Pigeon_of_War... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I wonder if WGNA will do a French-themed event for it? Paging @Pigeon_of_War... :Smile_trollface:

Haha :Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy:

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles
31 minutes ago, Fog_Carrier_Hornet said:

Take your time with this one, balance them wargaming.

Gotta be a first time for everything.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,036 posts
11,539 battles
24 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I'd like to sign up for the British side of Mers-el-Kabir.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles

Well it does take time to model the 3 ships that still need to be modeled the tier 6,7,9. 3 weeks per ship model 2 months from December =February in Devblog =April collection +hype update =May/June release then maybe Italians or Russians next probably Italiam cruisers and Russian BBs with U.K destroyers in 2019 just speculation 

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

Well it does take time to model the 3 ships that still need to be modeled the tier 6,7,9. 3 weeks per ship model 2 months from December =February in Devblog =April collection +hype update =May/June release then maybe Italians or Russians next probably Italiam cruisers and Russian BBs with U.K destroyers in 2019 just speculation 

At Gamescom the devs said the Italian cruisers would be coming winter/last quarter of 2018.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

At Gamescom the devs said the Italian cruisers would be coming winter/last quarter of 2018.

Well I wonder what is in quarter 3 then? I will be playing Italian cruisers as Duca was my first fav premium ship besides Atago

[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, landedkiller said:

Well I wonder what is in quarter 3 then? I will be playing Italian cruisers as Duca was my first fav premium ship besides Atago

Assumption is that it’ll be the RU BBs seeing as they were pushed back from 2017 and stated to be arriving in 2018. As well as on the RU forums the devs teased an emblem for a Russian Collection/Campaign and captain. And now all releases are accompanied be a collection and campaign for their arc for the quarter. Since each quarter is dedicated for a certain line/nation now then if we are getting a Russian collection/campaign then that would lead one to assume there’s a theme/quarter since a quarter has to be dedicated, which be accompanied by a line.

• Cool 1

Members
3,647 posts
13,511 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

The first quarter is dedicated to France/French BB line. US cruiser split was stated to be arriving after the French BBs

I'll believe that when it happens. It would ne nice if WG would give us some solid info about the USN Cruiser split.

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles
51 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Assumption is that it’ll be the RU BBs seeing as they were pushed back from 2017 and stated to be arriving in 2018. As well as on the RU forums the devs teased an emblem for a Russian Collection/Campaign and captain. And now all releases are accompanied be a collection and campaign for their arc for the quarter. Since each quarter is dedicated for a certain line/nation now then if we are getting a Russian collection/campaign then that would lead one to assume there’s a theme/quarter since a quarter has to be dedicated, which be accompanied by a line.

Thank you

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,097 battles
2 hours ago, landedkiller said:

So pacify us USN cruiser types until the release and let loose the Wichita as a premium. It's in Blitz so it's modeled.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles
2 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

So pacify us USN cruiser types until the release and let loose the Wichita as a premium. It's in Blitz so it's modeled.

USS Alaska will always be on my number one list though I know Wichita was a one off ship. We really need to get USn Nevada in the game already

• Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
4 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

USS Alaska will always be on my number one list though I know Wichita was a one off ship. We really need to get USn Nevada in the game already

Nevada will come as the Tier V of a second US battleship line. That's my prediction, for what it's worth.

Beta Testers
1,301 posts
3,583 battles
5 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Nevada will come as the Tier V of a second US battleship line. That's my prediction, for what it's worth.

I hope they get around to it in one to years South Dakota class 1920 read the Wikipedia page first https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Dakota-class_battleship_(1920)

Members
68 posts
3,949 battles
2 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Not everyone is a testosterone-fueled Michael Bay explosion-surfing cowboy driving a Ford F-150 down to the gun range to fire off a few shots from their family heirloom Barrett .50 Cal while slamming back a cocktail of Redbull and whiskey whilst cramming doughnuts down their gob with American flag-styled icing to the tune of Yankee-Doodle-Dandy while waitresses from Hooters shower you in Chicken McNuggets as the Blue Angels fly overhead in a formation that resembles an eagle... 

I dunno.... sounds like a fun time to me.... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,509 battles
7 hours ago, renegadestatuz said:

WG announced at WG Fest the other week that from now on, ship lines/releases are going to be done by quarter/theme only. Each quarter is dedicated for a line and theme. Meaning only 4 lines/splits per year. The first quarter is dedicated to France/French BB line. US cruiser split was stated to be arriving after the French BBs. Meaning they’re slated for the second quarter.

Releasing the French BBs faster is not going to bring the US cruiser split any faster since each line is dedicated for a quarter only now. Seeing as the first quarter still has both months of February and March that need to pass before you hit the second quarter, that means the time table for the US cruiser split is between April-June for their quarter since Jan-March is the French quarter. So even if the French BBs were to release next week, you wouldn’t see the US cruiser split at the earliest until April since that’s when the second quarter has been dedicated/reserved for them starts.

Im personally hoping they decide to can the quarter idea.

As Renegade says, WG’s release cycle for tech tree lines drops every 3 months or so if they hit their schedules.   Since WG targets Gamescon as their “big Trade Show Splash Event” in August, the typical release months are Feb, May, Aug, Nov.

The US Cruiser split will likely be the May drop since the Pan-Asians DDs were last Nov, the French BBs are Feb (probably since 7.1 already contains a Collection feature to get a French Commander as a tease).  A cruiser line split in May would be likely since WG would probably want a bigger splash than a line split for Gamescon.

Edited by hangglide42

Members
228 posts
1,077 battles

I've only started playing again in the last month, what's happening to the Cleveland? Is the Pensacola changing? (my favourite suicide ship) 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,680 posts
7,503 battles
9 hours ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Same here. ;o)

My 19-point Cleveland captain is ready for Tier VIII shenanigans! :Smile_trollface:

Me to.. got special Captain Steven Segal in her.. he may be a bad actor but he rocks as a Captain 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,121 posts
18,636 battles
7 hours ago, LunchCutter said:

I've only started playing again in the last month, what's happening to the Cleveland? Is the Pensacola changing? (my favourite suicide ship) 

K, in a few words:

USN cruiser line split after T5 into light and heavy cruiser.

Light cruiser: T6 concept for Omaha with turrets, later St. Louise class (aka USS Helena),  Cleveland will be T8, new T9-T10 ships

Heavy cruisers: T7-T9 will be dumped one tier, new T9 coming.