You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlcatrazNC

What is wrong with DD ?

26 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
1,649 posts
8,027 battles

Usually I don't have trouble with DD player, as a DD player I understand how harsh some game can be but recently, I don't know what is going DD player are just...becoming worse than before. So far I didn't really had issue (if you put aside some questionable idea like fighting a Russian DD 10km away as a US DD) but nowaday all DD I have in my team behave like this :

-Going in the cap (Great he knows what he's supposed to do)

-Smoke (Strange considering I'm right behind him and not spotted which means there is no DD around)

-10 sec later, he get torped.

No spotting, he just went to a cap and died because he parked in his smoke.

Another issue I had is with DD that decide to smoke his team mate (which is nice don't get me wrong) but start running away behind his smoke.  I also had a game where the DD decided to smoke in front of a Baltimore and Missouri 7KM away to farm them. Problem is :

-These 2 ship has radar

-He was the one spotting them

-He died unable to deal damage.

Maybe they don't know some ship has radar, maybe they don't know how smoke works, but at T10 it's a bit frustrating to lose all your DD at the start of the game, especially when half of the ennemi ship can outspot you.  It seems like smoke attract my DD team mate the same way they attract torps.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

That is called Potato-Itus... and sadly there is no cure known to man. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,420 battles
2 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

latest?cb=20150625032354

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
12 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

There is. HE shells = baked potato AP = mashed.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,649 posts
8,027 battles

Usually we have a reason for this potato (stupid mission or stupid task).

DD player in general tend to be decent since it's doesn't forgive mistake like a BB  does.  It's pretty much like comparing a Des Moine player who learn to never give broadside and a Kurfust player who doesn't know what a citadel is. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,092 battles
27 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

I heard it's extremely dangerous to the health of the player base of any online game. Since it is transmissible disease.

Like erhh... a certain "beast that can be found in a war" that makes players infected by Potato-Itus being pround of their "work" and that infects several other players every week. That's how dangerous a single individual that has the virus in the body can be.

[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,092 battles

About the topic.

Until the first months after the release of the game tier 10 players were good because they reached there for playing well. But since the only limiting factor to reach high tier silver ships is the amount of games played, it doesn't matter how good or bad the player is, they will eventually reach tier 10.

Members
1,234 posts
20,591 battles

I'm a crappy DD player.

I failed my way to the Gearing.

And I've been playing a few games in DD's because of the 7 fires 7 floods thing.

But you can all rest easy for the rest of today - done.

But look out tomorrow!

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

DD requires most situation awareness of any other class since you are playing near the front.   most newer players jsut don't have the skills, so they tend to camp with rest of the fleet and fail to do their job.      why good DD player can have strong impact on the win.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,021 posts
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Usually I don't have trouble with DD player, as a DD player I understand how harsh some game can be but recently, I don't know what is going DD player are just...becoming worse than before. So far I didn't really had issue (if you put aside some questionable idea like fighting a Russian DD 10km away as a US DD) but nowaday all DD I have in my team behave like this :

-Smoke (Strange considering I'm right behind him and not spotted which means there is no DD around)

Another issue I had is with DD that decide to smoke his team mate (which is nice don't get me wrong) but start running away behind his smoke.  I also had a game where the DD decided to smoke in front of a Baltimore and Missouri 7KM away to farm them. Problem is :

-These 2 ship has radar

Maybe they don't know some ship has radar, maybe they don't know how smoke works, but at T10 it's a bit frustrating to lose all your DD at the start of the game, especially when half of the ennemi ship can outspot you.  It seems like smoke attract my DD team mate the same way they attract torps.

Simple, he looked back, saw the rest of his team parked behind rocks 15km behind him and just decided he was done.

• Cool 1

[DIEBL]
Members
1,413 posts
14,192 battles

lool I do this quite often then get called a potato by a team that hides behind islands that dont shoot at DD's I have spotted for 3 mins+

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
2 hours ago, Batwingsix said:

dude you leave for MONTHS and then come back... wth...

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

It has been Drilled into the player base if the ships are OP and you can't beat them Join them. The Potato sack just emptied into the DD line.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,649 posts
8,027 battles
14 minutes ago, Destroyer_Cassin said:

World of Warships...every day is the weekend. 

At this point it's holiday lol .

• Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
936 posts
7,286 battles

Had an experiance the other day where a Minsk, low tiered in a Tier IX battle, right from the start cried out 'bullsh*t!' and promptly went into reverse and backed away from the caps, ending up well behind the BBs.

He finally moved into a position to spot, but only after half the team was dead and it really didn't matter anymore.

This is getting very frustrating. I gave up playing yesterday after 4 potato teams. I'm ok with close loses, but the steam-rolled loses are starting to stack up.

• Boring 1

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
37 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Had an experiance the other day where a Minsk, low tiered in a Tier IX battle, right from the start cried out 'bullsh*t!' and promptly went into reverse and backed away from the caps, ending up well behind the BBs.

I'm sorry, but this is flippin' hilarious. :Smile_teethhappy:

On 1/27/2018 at 9:21 PM, Batwingsix said:

It can't be cured, but many of the symptoms can be treated with regular spud transfusions.

[PS1HQ]
Members
621 posts

dds should be unlocked for players once they get a tier 10 ship - hopefully in that time they'd have learned a thing or two about how to play.  too many neckbeards die in the first 30 seconds of the match in their dds and that ruins the games for the rest of us.  

[CAST]
Members
1,397 posts
5,794 battles
8 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

dds should be unlocked for players once they get a tier 10 ship - hopefully in that time they'd have learned a thing or two about how to play.

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,353 posts
3,558 battles
On 1/27/2018 at 9:19 PM, AlcatrazNC said:

-These 2 ship has radar

Maybe good DD players have just switched ship class? I haven't touched DD's in months KM cruiser have been quite fun and comfortable. 

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles
49 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

Maybe good DD players have just switched ship class? I haven't touched DD's in months KM cruiser have been quite fun and comfortable. 

This :Smile_great:

Members
67 posts
4,712 battles

I've noticed a lot more DDs recently,  particularly gunboat DDs, that avoid confrontation at all cost. They avoid caps, spotting, or engaging the enemy and will very often be found hanging out (and sometimes behind) the BBs. Its very frustrating.