You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DAMayeux

Rant

30 comments in this topic

[LSU]
Members
12 posts
1,957 battles

So i just had a battle in my Grosser, and did very well. Survived and won the match. Even having flags, Made damn near $450k, and had to pay 45k??? Because of repairs and crap?? WHY?? I think that's retarded! You figure for someone who is loyal and put ALOT of real world money into this game, something like that shouldn't happen. Yes i have money making ships, like the Missouri. But shes premium, and i paid real money to turn regular XP into free XP to get her. Thats another thing that pisses me off, you figure if the ship is premium, all the XP it earns, should be free XP! In the end, im the idiot that keeps playing the game....... 

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
8 minutes ago, DAMayeux said:

So i just had a battle in my Grosser, and did very well. Survived and won the match. Even having flags, Made damn near $450k, and had to pay 45k??? Because of repairs and crap?? WHY?? I think that's retarded! You figure for someone who is loyal and put ALOT of real world money into this game, something like that shouldn't happen. Yes i have money making ships, like the Missouri. But shes premium, and i paid real money to turn regular XP into free XP to get her. Thats another thing that pisses me off, you figure if the ship is premium, all the XP it earns, should be free XP! In the end, im the idiot that keeps playing the game....... 

KQxGGc3.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[AGPIS]
Members
354 posts
2,416 battles

How does one get a Mo' without realizing that T10 ships are expensive to repair and resupply?

• Cool 2

Members
2,223 posts
14,033 battles

Can you post someone screen shots of the game like how much damage was done and the credits & xp page?

If you don't have them how much damage did you do and how many premium consumables do you run on that ship?

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
11 minutes ago, DAMayeux said:

How much ammo did you use? Each shell costs silver.The service cost for T10 is only 180k, if you don't have perma-camo, so you should have had 270k left over after the service cost. If you sling ammo all over, then that may be the issue.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy#Operating_Cost

You are in the LSU clan apparently. Ask your clan to build the service cost discount buildings as then you get -10% off the service cost. It stacks with the perma-camo and flags. Sticking some credit flags on your ship will help as well.

[TASH]
Members
4,996 posts
7,925 battles
20 minutes ago, DAMayeux said:

You figure for someone who is loyal and put ALOT of real world money into this game, something like that shouldn't happen. Yes i have money making ships, like the Missouri. But shes premium, and i paid real money to turn regular XP into free XP to get her. Thats another thing that pisses me off, you figure if the ship is premium, all the XP it earns, should be free XP! In the end, im the idiot that keeps playing the game....... 

kJxAGAv.png?1

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,975 posts
6,462 battles
24 minutes ago, DAMayeux said:

you dont get to have special treatment just because you spend money on the game, deal with it

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,044 posts
8,585 battles

How long have you been gaming, OP? If you have been playing games for any time at all you should know that "balancing the books" is a part of most quasi-simulation games.

The reason that Wargaming makes the highest tiers lose money  is twofold. Firstly, it allows them to sell premium camouflage, time and economic signals in order to offset the cost, both to the player and to themselves for creating a game that can be played for free. Secondly, it forces high-tier players who don't purchase premium accoutrements to be really good if they don't want to lose credits. If these players are not so good then they must go back down to lower tiers to restock their credit coffers, and hopefully get better in the process. When I first purchased my Fletcher I was losing credits every game; however, now I'm a much better player and at least am breaking even with it most games. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[CAST]
Members
1,404 posts
5,819 battles
48 minutes ago, DAMayeux said:

I'm confused...you lost 45k overall, or you gained damn near 405k?

If you're complaining about the flat cost of "repairs" no matter how much damage you take, that was changed after the initial release in an attempt to curb battleships sniping from the edge of the map and the generally passive play which dominated top tier games at the time (and still occurs, but not as rampantly).

Premium ships earning nothing but free XP would be nice, but as others have pointed out WG makes a decent chunk of their money off the game via free XP conversions.  I don't blame them there, even if the ship itself cost money to begin with.

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Can you post someone screen shots of the game like how much damage was done and the credits & xp page?

If you don't have them how much damage did you do and how many premium consumables do you run on that ship?

Damage taken no longer factors, hasnt for a while. He is talking about service cost which is set per ship every battle. Even if no shot is fired nor any damage taken you pay the "service" charge on top of premium consumables

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
1 minute ago, Batwingsix said:

Damage taken no longer factors, hasnt for a while. He is talking about service cost which is set per ship every battle. Even if no shot is fired nor any damage taken you pay the "service" charge on top of premium consumables

But it is 180k without perma-camo and 90k with T10 perma-camo. He would have to use a lot of premium consumables at 22.5k each and sling a lot of ammo to rack up 495k in service, ammo and premium consumable costs.

Members
2,223 posts
14,033 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

But it is 180k without perma-camo and 90k with T10 perma-camo. He would have to use a lot of premium consumables at 22.5k each and sling a lot of ammo to rack up 495k in service, ammo and premium consumable costs.

Yeah pretty much never seen someone lose money at T10 if they earned credits in the 400k+ range.

[DAY]
Members
1,154 posts
11,500 battles

wait.........so this rant is about........servicing cost?

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

[RMCDL]
Members
1 post
295 battles
1 minute ago, jason199506 said:

wait.........so this rant is about........servicing cost?

wuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

Seems to be more of  " I spent money on a premium I'm special"  than anything else.

• Cool 1

[5D7]
Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles
26 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I dont think he ended at -45k total after making 450k. I think he is talking about having to pay 45k in service fees after which is automatic every match

[ZR]
WoWS Wiki Editor
552 posts
4,747 battles

Good! Now if less people played T10 that would fix a lot of MM problems. 

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
9 minutes ago, Batwingsix said:

I dont think he ended at -45k total after making 450k. I think he is talking about having to pay 45k in service fees after which is automatic every match

Well if you have T10 perma-camo, the -10% service signal flag and the -10% service clan building, then you are paying 54k in service fees at T10, 22.5k each for premium consumables and ammo costs. All reasonable fees for the economy in the game IMO.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[WOLF2]
Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

you dont get to have special treatment just because you spend money on the game, deal with it

Unless that money is spent buying premium time.

[PVE]
Members
8,977 posts
7,305 battles
2 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Well premium ships give you more XP usually and you have an easier time captain retraining. Signal flags & premium camo make the XP and Credit grinding go a little faster. So you get more than just premium time for your $$ if you feel that it is worth it. :)

Members
918 posts
2,449 battles
6 minutes ago, cometguy said:

Um no. I buy it 30 days at a time and i still get potato teams that die 5 mins into the game.

Or did i miss the special "carry team" premium button?

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
2 hours ago, DAMayeux said:

That math makes absolutely ZERO sense. If you made 450k credits, unless you blew through ammo like it didn't exist, there is literally ZERO way you had to pay in 45k credits. Absolutely none.