You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

On the topic of OP ship's?

13 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts

:cap_cool:That's what one person  said to me about what a cruiser version of the USS Alaska would be,    I don't see it Germany and Japan have tier 8 premium cruisers why not  USN ?     We have tier Carriers,Destroyers and in the case of Battleships we have tier 8 and  9  premiums seems to me the people nay saying and claiming a tier 8 or 9 cruiser would be OP are just saying that because they like playing and having tier 8 carriers,destroyers and battleships and if someone wants to play cruiser they have to be satisfied playing either tech tree versions or playing German or Japanese versions:cap_wander:Come to think of it after doing some more looking there are one or two tier 8 destroyers a few tier 8 carriers however by far the most common tier 8 premium are the battleships :cap_old:  perhaps too many?

Edited by shadowsrmine

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

dee.jpg

• Bad 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

dee.jpg

And your saying what?   Disagreeing? Upset?    My post is personal observation and or opinion,    As for BB play I'm grinding for the No.Carolina and the Missouri pretty sure going by what I've played on the grind thus far once in my stable they'll just sit there.   Again I believe I'm not the only one who'd like see more cruisers

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

And your saying what?   Disagreeing? Upset?  

No. Just saying I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Is Engish your second language? Third?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts
Just now, Lert said:

No. Just saying I can barely understand what you're trying to say. Is Engish your second language? Third?

Lol   :Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:  Thought I made my point's plain if not sure what more I can say 

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
11,579 battles

So you're saying you want the USS Alaska for a premium and some don't because it would be to powerful. I think ?

[FOXEH]
Members
3,321 posts
11,873 battles

I think Op is saying that he would like to see a premium T8 US cruiser since the IJN and KMS have one. But that CV players would be mad inferring, I think, that a premium US cruiser, like Alaska ?, might be too powerful in the AA category? That is what I read...

[SF-A]
Members
2,850 posts
5,548 battles

For the illiterate/confused:

"Someone told me USS Alaska would be overpowered.

If Germany and Japan [OP forgot Russia] have T8 premium cruisers, why not America?

America has a T8 premium DD [Kidd], a BB [Alabama, Massachusetts?], and a CV [Enterprise].

People saying it would be overpowered are just used to T8 cruisers being tech tree, German, or Japanese.

Come to think of it, there are T8 premium DDs [Kidd, Lo Yang], CVs [Enterprise, Graf Zeppelin], and BBs [Tirpitz, Roma, Kii, Alabama, Massachusetts?].

The BBs are the most common type of T8 premium."

Brackets are added by me as context or other information. As a response to the OP, I wouldn't mind it if it was done well.

Edited by pewpewpew42
  • Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts

Didn't see a Russian tier 8 that was still available   Kutuzov from what I've read and seen was removed(may be wrong I really hope so since from what I've seen and read I'd really like one of those)..............................I do know the Belfast was   PS  yup Kutuzov was removed dang it

Edited by shadowsrmine

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts

One of the issues I see is yes glass cannons can work and while it may be problematic that they're fragile it can be worth it as long as they're not just glass no cannon,    A case in point the only real plus's a Pepsicola has is the caliber of it's gun's and the AA other than she's really just a meh boat and the WG spokesmen said after the cruiser split their going to nerf her hard...........................Guaranteeing  after the split I'll sell her just to get the slot back  and I'm not the only one that feels that way.    AdmiralThunder makes a lot  of sense and yes he makes a much better case than I do

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#1.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_On_the_Pensacola#2.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#3.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#4.png

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts
4 hours ago, Khafni said:

I think Op is saying that he would like to see a premium T8 US cruiser since the IJN and KMS have one. But that CV players would be mad inferring, I think, that a premium US cruiser, like Alaska ?, might be too powerful in the AA category? That is what I read...

58 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

One of the issues I see is yes glass cannons can work and while it may be problematic that they're fragile it can be worth it as long as they're not just glass no cannon,    A case in point the only real plus's a Pepsicola has is the caliber of it's gun's and the AA other than she's really just a meh boat and the WG spokesmen said after the cruiser split their going to nerf her hard...........................Guaranteeing  after the split I'll sell her just to get the slot back  and I'm not the only one that feels that way.    AdmiralThunder makes a lot  of sense and yes he makes a much better case than I do

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#1.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_On_the_Pensacola#2.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#3.png

Quoting_AdmiralThunder_on_the_Pensacola#4.png

Not just the CV players the BB and DD players as well,  Saw this happen in D3 as well with all the players of other classes jealous of the damage the Bowie class was doing and not only did they not care that the Bowie class was difficult to play(as the even the common monsters could if they got close could easily overwhelm and kill  her/him) and demanded Blizzard nerf the class unmercifully......................................And then came the time when it was their chosen classes turn and they screamed bloody murder.    And if they nerf the Pepsi as hard as they say not only will I dump her I(done it once already only got her back for the split) may dump the N.O. as well as it reminds me of the So.Carolina I will just have to wait and see if they play better for the down tiering probably not tho

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
1,949 posts

Sadly on further reflection I doubt WG will put in any cruiser premiums like the Alabama,Kidd,Musashi,Enterprise and their removing the Missouri.    It's only the rare person who can make full use out of one of these anyway(and I'm not one of them in my hands a Belfast or Kutuzov would be an OK but only OK boat love to have one however only a person who could turn a Pepsicola into a power boat could fully make use of a Belfast or Kutuzov and for proof on whether these boats weren't all that broken look how many are still in the game without ruling it I still see em all the time )I believe WG wants only the BB's,DD's and CV's to make much of a showing in this arena.    And for that reason when the split happens I really doubt they'll buff the Cleveland very much OH they'll give it one or two tier  8 capability's and leave it there.   The only cruisers in the game now are big slow heavy ones like the New Orleans,Baltimore,Des Moines,Hindenburg,Zao etcetera that play more like a BB than like a light cruiser and if you want a light cruiser you'll have be satisfied with a Minotaur not sure how much it corresponds to those two I've mentioned tho I plan to find out eventually anyway