You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mustangman6579

Missouri vs Musashi

35 comments in this topic

[5D3]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,148 posts
4,222 battles

So I have 750k Free XP. I've been waiting for this moment for a VERY long time to get the Missouri. But now I'm at an impasse. I can't figure out what ship to get. 

My US BB captain is at a maxed 19 points. I also wasn't a fan of the Iowa at all. Those shotguns equipped on that ship couldn't hit cruisers at 7 km with more than 1 shell at a time. I'm afraid that the Mo will be the same. But at the same time, the ship is very iconic and is about to be removed from the store. 

The other ship I have no idea how it plays but could be a very good captain trainer. 

What should I do?

[-THOR]
Members
547 posts
3,108 battles

I would kinda go on Missouri since it's going away soon and you'll have the time to get Musashi.

Missouri really nullifies the needs for more premiums, even if you play terribly you'll make a good amount of profits

For me missouri is pretty accurate if you include the aiming mods

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
681 posts
10,342 battles

Missouri is leaving soon. In my opinion go for Missouri  Musashi should be around for awhile plenty of time to grab her plus Mo has great credit income and grab the aiming mod it helps the accuracy 

Edited by yamato6945

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,856 battles

MO BRO!

[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

Missouri is the superior ship in general, plus it makes over a million credits quite frequently

Members
506 posts
2,831 battles

Well if you didn't like Iowa Missouri is a copy paste in terms of guns...I will say I disagree with you calling them "shotguns" though and your stats don't agree either. Iowa has produced your highest hit ratio of your most played ships and pretty good damage per game too.

That said, my advice is to not get a ship you wont play or will dislike playing. You also don't have a Yamato which is the best reason to get a Musashi.

Edited by ksix

[HINON]
Supertester
18,932 posts
12,454 battles

Better credit earning: Missouri

Better cruiser smashing: Missouri

Better battleship smashing: Musashi

Remember that Missouri is going away soon and Musashi is going to remain available for some time yet.

[SONUM]
Beta Testers
566 posts
3,796 battles

Missouri has:  radar.  Steven Seagal synergy, superior credit earning, tighter shell grouping, speed.  Oh and great AA.

Mushashi has:  guns that do better vs tiers 9/10.  An aircraft, better bow tanking.  Her best camo is locked behind an extra paywall.

I went Missouri.  One premium to end all of your credit issues for the rest of your life.  Well in game that is.

Members
506 posts
2,831 battles

Credits are a bad reason to get MO if you don't like the ship. I don't play mine much, usually just stick to my T8 Prems and T10s with perma camo and I've still managed to amass 60,000,000 credits over the last couple of months.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

Get MO, it's going away soon and it's better.

You will have time to get Musashi later.

Members
1,690 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, mustangman6579 said:

My US BB captain is at a maxed 19 points. I also wasn't a fan of the Iowa at all. Those shotguns equipped on that ship couldn't hit cruisers at 7 km with more than 1 shell at a time. I'm afraid that the Mo will be the same. But at the same time, the ship is very iconic and is about to be removed from the store. 

The other ship I have no idea how it plays but could be a very good captain trainer.

Well, if you don't like "shotguns" on Iowa that could not hit cruisers at 7km, I don't know what to tell you.  At 7km Missouri and Musashi can do nothing to improve  your gunnery over Iowa, and none of the other BBs could either.

FWIW I enjoy both Musashi and Missouri, and at this point its very hard for me to recommend one over the other.  With current meta I prefer Musashi, but should CVs become more prevalent at high tiers I would prefer Missouri.

Edited by Ramsalot

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles

I like my Missouri, and am close (105k) to getting Musashi.   Musashi hits me hard, whatever ship I'm in.    Looking forward to putting on some pseudo-Yamato hurt.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,609 posts
14,017 battles

If you think Iowa has shotgun gunnery, especially with APRM2, then getting Missouri will not change that.

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,729 battles

Does anyone know exactly when the Missouri is going away? I thought I saw update 7.2 somewhere. I'm so close to having enough free XP!

Members
31 posts
3,884 battles

There is NO DEBATE! The Missouri will permanently END the need to earn credits in-game. It prints credits every match, win or lose. You will have 20,30, 40 million within a few days or weeks depending on how much you play with that ship and the flags you use....

The Musashi is a fun ship IF she is top tier in matchmaking, but she starts to show her weaknesses when playing against T10. In that case, its just better to grind the Yamato. 

Go withe the Missouri, and get the Musashi later. The Musashi does NOT print credits like the Mo.

Edited by alphainfinity

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,380 posts
10,163 battles
27 minutes ago, JM1983 said:

Does anyone know exactly when the Missouri is going away? I thought I saw update 7.2 somewhere. I'm so close to having enough free XP!

Yes, update 7.2 whenever that will be.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,380 posts
10,163 battles
2 hours ago, mustangman6579 said:

So I have 750k Free XP. I've been waiting for this moment for a VERY long time to get the Missouri. But now I'm at an impasse. I can't figure out what ship to get. 

What should I do?

I am not sure how to respond to the shotgun comment as Iowa/MO are super accurate? 

I would get MO 1st as it is leaving and may never come back. Once it is gone you can't change your mind. Musashi will be here for the foreseeable future so you have time to get it.

Your call though. If you won't play MO no sense getting it. Just remember you had a chance and passed. If you don't and change your mind later remember that kicking yourself in regret hurts your leg and a$$. :Smile_glasses:

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,560 posts
3,739 battles

It's pretty much down to how often you would play those ships. If the ship is not enjoyable for you (in this case the Iowa) then you would find yourself getting a ship sitting in port all the time as opposed to something you would find enjoyment in playing.

Even though the Missouri earns an absurd amount of credits, if it's not being played much, it becomes moot.

If you like to play the Musashi a lot, then you would earn plenty of of credits while having fun.

[-POI-]
Members
61 posts
2,729 battles
1 hour ago, dearmrfrodo1 said:

Well Missouri is premium accurate if you ask me.

Mighty Mo is expensive but doing this is priceless.

Smoke cruiser is irrelevant before Mighty Mo

Missouri's premium accuracy sends enemy off a cracking start

Looks like the Missouri comes with a delete button for cruisers when in the right hands. Wow!:Smile_Default:

Edited by JM1983

[WOLFB]
Members
1,658 posts
8,045 battles

Missouri is good against pretty much everything. You have radar to counter DD, you have accurate and powerfull guns to counter cruiser and you can punish stupid BB quite easily. Also CV will rarely go for you since you're a AA plateform. The ship is kinda broken.

Musashi is really powerfull thanks to her 460mm gun allowing her to heavily punish CA and BB. But the tradeoff for this 460mm gun at T9 is basically less accuracy, less AA and less secondaries. You're really weak against DD and CV.

If you're looking for a credit maker go for Missouri

If you're looking for a all rounded BB go for Missouri

If you're looking for a hard hitting BB go for Musashi

If you're looking for a bow tanking BB go for Musashi 

Beta Testers
7 posts
2,166 battles

I just today purchased Missouri, and have averaged 90k damage out of my 10 games so far.  I find it highly enjoyable.  That being said though, if you do not like the Iowa, you will not like the Missouri, in which case I would recommend Musashi.  They are both good ships, both of them are worth the xp, Missouri makes more money.  It's up to you from there.