Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles

 

I think it's safe to assume that WG want people to LIKE their games right?

They want people to enjoy their games so much, that they come back and play more, right??

They want their games to be gripping, to make the players' heart race, to feel the tempo of the game... RIGHT???

Well...

Please, for the love of all things ships, get rid of the f#<*ing timer!!! There is NO NEED for it! It's a USELESS f#<*ing timer! All it does is RUINS CLOSE GAMES by not allowing the game to complete naturally!  I just had the most amazing f#<*ing game! We almost lost, but our two CV's kept fighting and were less than 30 seconds from killing their lone remaining CV, but your stupid goddamned timer took that away from us!

LET US PLAY THE GAME! There is no reason to have a main timer when the game WILL either end by one entire team being all killed, or when the cap timers get to 1000.

*************************** GET RID OF THE TIMER!!! ***************************

*******************

I would very much like someone on the development team to actually read this, but I know that's likely impossible.

I'm open to respectful comments/feedback.

 

20180126_190422_PJSB006-Fuso-1943_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

Edited by MaMojo
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,350 posts
11,894 battles
7 minutes ago, MaMojo said:

*************************** GET RID OF THE TIMER!!! ***************************

I believe red text is reserved for the Moderators. Not that many games really go to the end but it would be nice sometimes to play them out. Then again other times (more times) it would just be a waste of time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,764
Members
9,868 posts

He seems angry?

Yes, we all want games to drag on endlessly due to no carriers and some dd running away from it all.....:Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles

Thanks for the heads up Sovereigndawg.  I'll remove the red.

As for the timer, there simply is no use for it.  It's completely pointless.  I'm sure someone will say that the reason it's there is to ensure that games don't go endless.  But, for that to actually happen, then no one would cap, or one of the team wouldn't be killed entirely.  Extend it to 30 minutes then, cause too often the game is about to end by either of the above mentioned ways... unless the timer gets to 20.  Pointless for almost every game type, with the exception of the "standard" type (I believe that's the only one).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

He seems angry?

Yes, we all want games to drag on endlessly due to no carriers and some dd running away from it all.....:Smile_facepalm:

Angry?  No.  Frustrated too many times?  Absolutely.  LOL

Other than the standard game, when there are caps involved, there is no need to have a third and completely unnecessary timer.  There has never been a game when at LEAST one base hasn't been capped.  I mean, if they really MUST have that timer, then extend the time to 30 minutes, which would mean the caps would get to 1000, OR every player would be killed (which seems about half the time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
1,166 posts
13,758 battles

LOL, in 5+ years of WoWP/WoWS/WoT... I’ve never seen anyone complain about the actual time limit of battles.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
Just now, SkywhaleExpress said:

LOL, in 5+ years of WoWP/WoWS/WoT... I’ve never seen anyone complain about the actual time limit of battles.

 

I guess you've been lucky?  Maybe it's bad luck on my part, but I've been in close to a dozen battles in the past few months which have ended unnecessarily by way of the main 20 minute timer... when either the caps were about to reach 1000, or all players on one team were about to die.  The timer takes away from a normal win via both mentioned above.  There's no need for it... or it should be extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8,066 posts
17,032 battles
4 minutes ago, SkywhaleExpress said:

LOL, in 5+ years of WoWP/WoWS/WoT... I’ve never seen anyone complain about the actual time limit of battles.

Oh; it happens, just not very often. Mostly related to the reasons mentioned by the OP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
660
[5D]
Members
2,222 posts
14,012 battles

OP while you may be upset you have to consider the inverse. You'll have people abuse the system and have a destroyer run all over the map for 45 mins.

Do you really want players ships being held from use that long when they died say 12 mins into the match?

While this scenario may seem unlikely a lot of players will abuse the system to frustrate the other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
587
[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles
18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

He seems angry?

Yes, we all want games to drag on endlessly due to no carriers and some dd running away from it all.....:Smile_facepalm:

That’s exactly what would happen..  hunting a hidden DD 30 minutes in.. no thanks,

we have all lost games with 4 ships the enemy 1 ship but enemy ahead on points and the clock runs out ...so be it next time I’ll be the 1 ship.. it all evens out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,303
[HINON]
Members
8,854 posts

If there was no timer to constrain play, games would become even more slow and cautious. The timer forces teams to push especially when they are behind if they want to win. We don't need to remove the timer and encourage more campy game play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
Just now, 1SneakyDevil said:

OP while you may be upset you have to consider the inverse. You'll have people abuse the system and have a destroyer run all over the map for 45 mins.

Do you really want players ships being held from use that long when they died say 12 mins into the match?

While this scenario may seem unlikely a lot of players will abuse the system to frustrate the other team.

Oh, I TOTALLY get that.  As I mentioned though, in I think just about every battle other than standard, the caps will take over.  If it's an issue of the main timer having to be the same in EVERY game type (ie. it can be removed for certain game types, but not others), then at least they should extend the time to 30 minutes.  Most players, myself included, have a crapload of ships to play.  I've never seen a game when at least one base hasn't been capped, with likely 99% of games having all three/four bases capped.  Half of the games I play, the entire team is eliminated anyway.  The frustration of that timer though... to take away a win, especially when it's just about over and the teams have battled it out like madmen, is annoying at the very least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
4 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

If there was no timer to constrain play, games would become even more slow and cautious. The timer forces teams to push especially when they are behind if they want to win. We don't need to remove the timer and encourage more campy game play.

That could be the case for some players, but I personally don't pay any attention to the main timer until it's starting to get really low.  When caps/team elimination end games 95% of the time, the main timer is just not needed.  At the very least, extend it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
7 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

That’s exactly what would happen..  hunting a hidden DD 30 minutes in.. no thanks,

we have all lost games with 4 ships the enemy 1 ship but enemy ahead on points and the clock runs out ...so be it next time I’ll be the 1 ship.. it all evens out

Nah, I don't think that would happen very often at all.  Yes, it certainly COULD, but the vast majority of players wouldn't waste their own time sitting in the corner.  I know if I were a DD and the last guy left, I'd be working on firing torps instead of just running away.  What fun is in that?  Besides, the maps aren't that big... they'd be found eventually... and killed.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,323 posts
14,695 battles
1 hour ago, MaMojo said:

Nah, I don't think that would happen very often at all.  Yes, it certainly COULD, but the vast majority of players wouldn't waste their own time sitting in the corner.  I know if I were a DD and the last guy left, I'd be working on firing torps instead of just running away.  What fun is in that?  Besides, the maps aren't that big... they'd be found eventually... and killed.  ;)

You are missing the point.  There are times when the smart, winning play, is to play conservative and run out the clock.  Your dead teammates, through their play, setup a position for a win that way.   Nobody wants to see a win turn to a loss by the senseless aggression of the last ship, except the other team that is.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
666
[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,214 battles
1 hour ago, MaMojo said:

Please, for the love of all things ships, get rid of the f#<*ing timer!!! There is NO NEED for it! It's a USELESS f#<*ing timer! All it does is RUINS CLOSE GAMES by not allowing the game to complete naturally!  I just had the most amazing f#<*ing game! We almost lost, but our two CV's kept fighting and were less than 30 seconds from killing their lone remaining CV, but your stupid goddamned timer took that away from us!

LET US PLAY THE GAME! There is no reason to have a main timer when the game WILL either end by one entire team being all killed, or when the cap timers get to 1000.

*************************** GET RID OF THE TIMER!!! ***************************

 

I'm open to respectful comments/feedback.

 

20180126_190422_PJSB006-Fuso-1943_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

I had to put your comical final line "I'm open to respectful comments/feedback"  in an appropriate font and color ( comic sans for the win ).

 

Yea, I'm definitely not going to take the time to dispute your points after you drop multiple f-bombs and give massive purple text to shout at WG devs.  You aren't interested in a discussion, you just want to vent after a loss.  Life is hard, go back to port and press battle again.  GG

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[REJEX]
Members
12 posts
11,149 battles
5 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

I had to put your comical final line "I'm open to respectful comments/feedback"  in an appropriate font and color ( comic sans for the win ).

 

Yea, I'm definitely not going to take the time to dispute your points after you drop multiple f-bombs and give massive purple text to shout at WG devs.  You aren't interested in a discussion, you just want to vent after a loss.  Life is hard, go back to port and press battle again.  GG

 

Yeah, I was completely, totally, and utterly venting.  LOL  And yes, I did.  As I said before, it's just frustrating seeing a timer that isn't needed ruin games.

BTW... just remembered that the "standard" battle auto generates points to 1000!  I (honestly) would love to hear of anyone knowing of a game type that won't end the game by other means automatically, without needing that timer.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×