Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kconvey_1

Do you want coop players in randoms?

Coop players in randoms chasing rewards?  

87 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you want coop players in randoms chasing rewards

    • Yes I want coop to be pushed into randoms with no skill in that mode, only to have them only chase rewards.
      11
    • No I think every player should be able to engage in events in their chosen and preferred play mode.
      66
    • I believe in magical thinking and think that coop players will come in randoms see the light, become amazing players, and everyone can have a positive win record.
      10

132 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,819 posts

So the most common response I get when I ask to be included in events, is if you want to get rewards you must go play randoms.

So now after thinking this over Im wondering if people really thought this response over before they actually posted that and thought about the consequences of this statement should people chose to follow it. 

I put the magical thinking response just to head off people who would have posted such nonsense anyway. That coop players are going to come to randoms and become highly skilled players or some such. I mean it can happen on an individual basis, but I dont see it being likely in mass. 

Edited by Kconvey_1
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 7
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,053
[OPG]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,872 posts
10,416 battles

I think your poll is stupid and we need co-op players to play randoms for free damage

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 8
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
190
[-BMV-]
Members
1,182 posts
5,544 battles

I don't care what people play. I think most events should be available for coop so people can earn cool things for playing the way they want.

Coop players are customers too after all.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,694
[YORHA]
Members
3,244 posts

Your juvenile bias is all smeared over those questions so they aren't worth answering.

 

Play what you want, just be prepared to accept the consequences.  With greater effort, risk and skill comes greater rewards.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
326
[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles
12 minutes ago, Fog_Battleship_NCarolina said:

I think your poll is stupid and we need co-op players to play randoms for free damage

Yeah we really need to stop random players from playing COop as the only time I was TKed on purpose by a player in co-op was by a player right before said he was going back to random to play with competent players. He was the lowest scorer by the way and was being focused by the bots because he ran out in front thinking he could kill steal. He didn’t notice that we were telling him to fall back. He then got trigger when I said I wasn’t giving him air support as he was surrounded by the bot AA bubble. He then fell back, then torpedoed me, and then rage quit. Please stay in random we like the peace and quiet, and team cooperation.

Edited by GreyFox78659
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[-SYN-]
Members
156 posts
134 battles

I don't care what people play, or what rewards they get for what they play. It's their time, their game, their choice. I play all  modes, and I don't feel cheated if a particular thing isn't available in a certain mode. If I want a thing in the game bad enough, I do what's required to get it.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
163 posts
12,363 battles

I play Co-Op when trying out new ships or washing out pink or trying a ship I would be embarrassed to be seen in, but other than that play mostly randoms. Always respect the reds, don’t ever trust greens, and worry about YOUR contribution not what everyone else does. Elitism is toxic and dictating what others should or should not be doing isn’t fun for anyone, not even you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,193
[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,329 posts
9,407 battles

I think Co-Op players should be required to work off their TK status in Random.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
663
[USCC2]
Members
3,426 posts

The question seems a bit mute as all players can play any mode they wish.

It is just that if they wish to play a certain gameplay mode (CoOp) they are not going to have access to the missions and rewards that Random/Ranked does.

As for the skill of players - there are good and bad in all modes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
434
[YAN]
Members
1,636 posts
7,464 battles

All random battle players started off in co-op, why flame those who venture out later?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
882
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,222 posts
8,400 battles

Wow! The boards have given me a little faith in humanity... most people voted "I think every player should be able to engage in events in their chosen and preferred play mode"!? :Smile_ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, pikohan said:

Wow! The boards have given me a little faith in humanity... most people voted "I think every player should be able to engage in events in their chosen and preferred play mode"!? :Smile_ohmy:

I know that is surprising me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,139
[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,678 battles

what is the difference? I have seen coop players do great in randoms and random players be utter crap in operations and vice versa 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,669
[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,878 battles

So what you are asking is that WG makes all events doable in coop? I play both, more random than coop though. I do the missions in coop sometimes, when they are available to do in coop and I think it will take less time to do them there. Is it easier for a Random player to switch to coop for a bit? Probably, not always though. For instance if you think you are going to be careful and hide or camp in coop, you are going to lose or not do very well at all.  Scenarios should be included in this discussion. I personally wouldn't mind if they made the missions available for all modes and take off some of the pressure that they put on the Random game play all of the time.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
12 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

what is the difference? I have seen coop players do great in randoms and random players be utter crap in operations and vice versa 

The difference is players who want to be there for something different, for competition, for their own personal growth. Versus a player who is there because they are just chasing rewards and doesnt really want to be in that mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,139
[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,678 battles
4 minutes ago, Kconvey_1 said:

The difference is players who want to be there for something different, for competition, for their own personal growth. Versus a player who is there because they are just chasing rewards and doesnt really want to be in that mode.

Dude it's just a game not a collage course. I think you are trying to be way to deep about this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,819 posts
1 minute ago, Triela50 said:

Dude it's just a game not a collage course. I think you are trying to be way to deep about this

Its really not, Im looking for the argument that will help turn naysayers of coop getting to participate in events to ones that agree. 

Players chase rewards to the expense of everything else, even fun and enjoyment of the game. This is well known game theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
797 posts

I have no problem with them making the same reward in coop as in random but make this one change over bots being easier to fight. Let us say random do 100k damage and you get ?? in coop do 200k damage for same reward. Bots are easier to kill so change the requirements to reflect that.  

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
309
[KRAB]
Members
615 posts
5,782 battles

No, if you want the bling, pay the iron price. Bot farming is not worthy of the premium ships and other giveaways you get from PVP events. 

The addition of Co-Op battles into the New Years campaign made the associated missions TRIVIALLY EASY, to the point where it defeated the purpose of having the mission there at all. If this was extended, people would just play Co-Op to get whatever gimmick they need for the mission, making the quality of PVE play WORSE. 

Do you really want your games full of people trying to rush to get their stupid, RNG-based objective instead of actually playing the game?

If there were to be Co-Op campaigns, the rewards would have to be much reduced as well. Would you be satisfied with getting a Cambeltown or 500 Dubloons instead of the DoY? 

You do not deserve the same rewards for massively reduced difficulty. 

I would rather unskilled PVE players try their best at PVP (and fail or succeed due to their own merits) then have to go and play PVE just to farm missions which will be set to impossible difficulties (in PVP) by WG to maintain entry gates for the FoTM premium content. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,040
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,362 posts
10,151 battles
1 hour ago, Kconvey_1 said:

So the most common response I get when I ask to be included in events, is if you want to get rewards you must go play randoms.

So now after thinking this over Im wondering if people really thought this response over before they actually posted that and thought about the consequences of this statement should people chose to follow it. 

I put the magical thinking response just to head off people who would have posted such nonsense anyway. That coop players are going to come to randoms and become highly skilled players or some such. I mean it can happen on an individual basis, but I dont see it being likely in mass. 

Op I am a Co-op player and while I understand your issues with how some things work with the mode will you please stop riling up the PVP folks. You won't accomplish anything except get a hornets nest stirred up. PVE players catch enough flak around here without intentionally provoking the PVP players. Just let it go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
238
Members
312 posts
3 minutes ago, SteelClaw said:

I have no problem with them making the same reward in coop as in random but make this one change over bots being easier to fight. Let us say random do 100k damage and you get ?? in coop do 200k damage for same reward. Bots are easier to kill so change the requirements to reflect that.  

I like this idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×