You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wye_So_Serious

It takes exactly...

12 comments in this topic

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,097 battles

28 seconds for Atlanta to eat a full health Yugumo.

Moral of the story: Do not go mid on Two Brothers and certainly don't sit stationary, broadside readying your torpedos.

That is all.

Edit:

I had the Atlanta.

Edited by hofmannsc

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Against an Atlanta? You forget he has RADAR. That was saying "kill me!" In big bold neon letters.

Atlanta is one of say 3 ships that can actually kill a full health DD in the length of it's radar.

[LUCK]
Members
1,276 posts
19,097 battles

see edit in original post.

Edited by hofmannsc

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
11 minutes ago, hofmannsc said:

see edit in original post.

I meant you in so much as a general nameless player and not you personally.

But yeah, that was one dumb DD player.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Atlanta eats DDs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,221 posts
6,433 battles
37 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Atlanta is one of say 3 ships that can actually kill a full health DD in the length of it's radar.

- Atlanta
- Des Moines
- Minotaur
- Belfast
- Neptune
- Missouri (normal pens I guess)
- Black
- Yoeyang

And maybe a lucky Moskva or Baltimore

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

- Atlanta
- Des Moines
- Minotaur
- Belfast
- Neptune
- Black
- Yoeyang

Top 3 that can easily are Atlanta, Des Moines ans Minotaur. Others you have to be utterly lucky and hit every shot. 3 I mentioned you can miss half your shots and still do it.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,221 posts
6,433 battles
2 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Top 3 that can easily are Atlanta, Des Moines ans Minotaur. Others you have to be utterly lucky and hit every shot. 3 I mentioned you can miss half your shots and still do it.

Neptune should acutally also be on the list. With the Reload Module and the Radar Module she can fire up to 144 shells during her Radar Duration. Even assuming that only a quarter of these shells are normal pens they will still deal somewhere around 34k in total, more than enough to send a Khaba back home.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
5 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

- Atlanta
- Des Moines
- Minotaur
- Belfast
- Neptune
- Black
- Yoeyang

I would even so far as to put Cleveland in there as well, at least when facing max tier 7 DDs. Tier 8 DDs I can see getting away a little bit, but anything else just melts.

When ever I get really REALLY pissed at DDs, I take out an Atlanta and go DD hunting...  Oh I'm sorry mister DD, you wanted to flank my team? *pops radar* SAY ALLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!! *machine gun noises* >=D

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Neptune should acutally also be on the list. With the Reload Module and the Radar Module she can fire up to 144 shells during her Radar Duration. Even assuming that only a quarter of these shells are normal pens they will still deal somewhere around 34k in total, more than enough to send a Khaba back home.

Ok I'll give ya Neptune.

[SYN]
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 minute ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I would even so far as to put Cleveland in there as well, at least when facing max tier 7 DDs. Tier 8 DDs I can see getting away a little bit, but anything else just melts.

When ever I get really REALLY pissed at DDs, I take out an Atlanta and go DD hunting...  Oh I'm sorry mister DD, you wanted to flank my team? *pops radar* SAY ALLO TO MAH LITTLE FRIEND!! *machine gun noises* >=D

Fun day in my Belfast. Was coming up to a cap and had 2 friendly DDs vs 1 and it was a smoke standoff. I had gotten under my radar range behind the island so I asked the friendly DDs if they wanted radar. Of course I got yes please. Hit it. 10 seconds later, enemy DD sinks. I never fired a shot and my team took the cap. Fun times.

[O_O]
Members
4,336 posts
9,308 battles
20 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Fun day in my Belfast. Was coming up to a cap and had 2 friendly DDs vs 1 and it was a smoke standoff. I had gotten under my radar range behind the island so I asked the friendly DDs if they wanted radar. Of course I got yes please. Hit it. 10 seconds later, enemy DD sinks. I never fired a shot and my team took the cap. Fun times.

I approve of this story.  :cap_like:

Yet players rarely use radar, smoke, DFAA, or hydro for anything but themselves.  Yes, they can be used to help your team, even if deploying said consumable won't directly benefit you.