You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
bubbleboy264

I can’t be the only one who isn’t interested in the slightest by the French BBs

49 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
387 posts
5,356 battles

I’m just not interested based on stats known so far. Speed boost is just useless on a BB. What I really want to happen is the US cruiser tree split, I want my cleaveland to go to it’s proper place at tier 8 so much more than another boring ship line. But we will probably have to wait months before they release the cruiser line split, as they delay the French BBs even further. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,204 posts
4,521 battles

I wasn’t until I tested one on PTS still not totally sold on it. Speed boost is useless I can attest to that.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

Nope could not care less about French BBs

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,320 posts
14,667 battles

Agreed, more interested in US cruiser split and British DDs.

[BBICT]
Members
3,352 posts
3,540 battles

To each their own I guess... I think the French BBs look interesting, even if the speed boost is nerfed from the CAs.

[POET]
Members
300 posts
1,784 battles

What draws me in mostly isn’t the gameplay but the looks of the high tier boats (Richelieu-France). I figured I will make do with whatever their playstyle is. 

Oh and WG has one more patch cycle to do whatever last minute change so wait and see. 

Edited by admiral_noone

Supertester
415 posts
5,896 battles

Well, I'm far more sold on the idea of fast BBs capable of keeping up with cruisers and with small guns that won't do anything at longer ranges than I ever was in the braindead HE spamming UK BBs. Speed boost doesn't do much in terms of extra speed, but it improves the acceleration, making it a good tool for torpedo beats. What I like about speed boost is that it's the type of consumable you can give to a BB without making it broken, unlike radar or german hydro. It's just a simple tool, and outside that what you have is a normal line of BBs, which is great after so many annoying gimmicks they put in these recent BB lines.

• Bad 1

Members
2,380 posts
2,172 battles

I figured their thing would be abnormal acceleration that would be super boosted by the speed boost. That and reasonably quick reload times. So ideally BB that can move around rather quickly in a pinch. Not sure if that will help avoid shells and torpedoes though. 

[WOLFB]
Members
1,646 posts
8,016 battles

It's the other way around for me. I have no interest in the US split line but I'm a bit interested in some French BB (Richelieu and Alsace ) 

• Cool 1

Members
3,551 posts
6,867 battles

Whatever the French and Italians do is of interest to me. If you are tone deaf to history or suffer from bias an education can help.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[TF16B]
Members
8,040 posts
16,978 battles

The only French 'Battleship' I have any interest in is Brennus; so Mikasa won't be so lonely anymore.

French_battleship_Brennus.png

Beyond that I have seven ships from Christmas containers and other places I haven't even played ONCE yet...

...what need have I for French battleships?

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
59 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

I’m just not interested based on stats known so far. Speed boost is just useless on a BB. What I really want to happen is the US cruiser tree split, I want my cleaveland to go to it’s proper place at tier 8 so much more than another boring ship line. But we will probably have to wait months before they release the cruiser line split, as they delay the French BBs even further. 

I'll agree to disagree...very strongly.

[SYN]
Members
14,359 posts
10,224 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I wasn’t until I tested one on PTS still not totally sold on it. Speed boost is useless I can attest to that.

Speed is everything.

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
10 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Speed is everything.

" I have destroyed the enemy merely by marches" -Napoleon

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
693 posts
1,687 battles

I just like the look of Richieliu and Alsace so I'll probably try to get them for that reason but no otherwise Im not too interested.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

Not every new content will please everyone. Personally I'm not interested in Pan Asian ships.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Richelieu is a beauty, and a ship I need in my port.

• Cool 1

Members
504 posts
2,823 battles

Was excited until things started to get leaked. I went from 'cant wait' to 'might grind at some point'. Speed boost is stupid. 32mm armor all over means they're all going to burn like a California wildfire. Good sigma values but shotgun like dispersion. Tier 10 looks very uninspired. I don't know, the tier 8, 9, 10 all just seem rather bleh. The ships look good but stat wise nothing stands out at all compared to other lines. Very lazy in that department. 

Edited by ksix

Members
3,628 posts
13,419 battles
2 hours ago, bubbleboy264 said:

Same here pard. WG said that this was in the works back in '16. Plus, for claiming to be "concerned" about the BB overpopulation they're sure doing a lot to encourage BB play.

My only interest in the French BBs is how flammable are they?  :Smile_playing:

[REVY]
Members
6,010 posts
5,102 battles
16 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Same here pard. WG said that this was in the works back in '16. Plus, for claiming to be "concerned" about the BB overpopulation they're sure doing a lot to encourage BB play.

My only interest in the French BBs is how flammable are they?  :Smile_playing:

/sarcasm There's more Cruiser lines then Battleships lines in-game.  If anything, they should erase a few to balance them out with Battleships.  It's only fair.

• Cool 2