You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
napalmdog101

Ranked IS A JOKE

28 comments in this topic

[TMWF]
Members
3 posts
6,341 battles

it was kinda sad going into ranked thinking if you play your ship well. you could control your destiny. not the case at all. at the mercy of afk and mindless morons who didn't have a clue our want to. im not raging just hoping the next time they let clans join as a group so at least if your crapits your fault. until then see you wows. time for a break  from a fun game that they turned into a fruitless grind.

• Bad 2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

They already did that. It's called Clan Battles.

• Cool 4

Members
519 posts
3,350 battles

You're complaining about unfairness of your teammates yet you want to make it even more unfair with letting " clan teammates" drop together ? just wow, you do realize that ranked is  wait for it ---- IT"S RANDOM ---  just like pub random( ranked ) is the same, and like Doomlock said  you're wanting Clan battles.. 

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,105 battles

No divs or clans.  Suck as it may, small teams of random players in the same tier should stay the same.  Other changes would be good, but if you don't like it, don't play it.

B

[GRFOX]
Members
2,205 posts
4,521 battles

1v1 fixes all the problems with ranked. Creates new a one but fixes a lot.

[HELLS]
Members
1,685 posts
15,215 battles

Played exactly TWO games in Ranked. TWO wins. Went up TWO Ranks. That's it for me. TOO much b----ing so enough is enough.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,321 posts
14,681 battles
26 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

1v1 fixes all the problems with ranked. Creates new a one but fixes a lot.

I think 1:1 could get a bit boring.  But 3:3 or so on a much smaller map could be fun.

[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
5,763 battles

Not everyone seems to get as stuck as others.

30 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

Ranked has less to do with skill and more to do with perseverance..

It's a combination of skill and perseverance, I'd say.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
39 minutes ago, Wodyo said:

Not everyone seems to get as stuck as others.

It's a combination of skill and perseverance, I'd say.

Exactly, but as I said, one is more than the other..

• Cool 2

Members
80 posts
4,694 battles
3 hours ago, napalmdog101 said:

it was kinda sad going into ranked thinking if you play your ship well. you could control your destiny. not the case at all. at the mercy of afk and mindless morons who didn't have a clue our want to. im not raging just hoping the next time they let clans join as a group so at least if your crapits your fault. until then see you wows. time for a break  from a fun game that they turned into a fruitless grind.

They already have that - it's called Clan Wars - have fun with that.

thank_you_for_input_sherlock.gif

[SMI-1]
[SMI-1]
Members
272 posts
8,398 battles

Ranked has gone down the same road as the Clan Battles Season, to many AFK players and stream snipping, and throwing battle's, And the new Clan Battles season II will go down the bathroom toilet as the first. With no input from the player base as the first, it will be just as bad as the first, While WG said a lot after the First CB's limit transfers and maybe a CV, this too will not be addressed in the new season, we will still have 30-60 players of multiple clan 's transferring it's players.

Season 7 of Ranked was a lot of fun for the mid-tier players, it gave a lot of the player base to participate. That all went to hell in season 8, as will the second CB's at tier 10 again.

If they want to keep players in the game, then drop the tier in CB's coming up, if not say good by to a larger group of clans, they won't participate, and all they have to look forward to is a broken PT Server that had nothing but problems this weekend with no warning from WG even though they knew they were moving the servers.

Thanks,

Sere_Pj

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles

I do understand your concerns. Especially AFK and throwing matches. I will say that stream sniping is something that happens in all games in which people stream. There are ways to take care of this. Setting a stream delay would be the easiest way to do it if you are going to stream. Some people set up even 10 minutes to make sure they are not in the same place as the viewer seasons. Also, many have taken to not streaming during ranked. While this isn't the solution for everyone, the best way to not be stream sniped is to not stream. 

As for the Tier selections, keep in mind, as you've seen, these can always be changed and moved around. We will just have to wait and see when the next season comes up. 

Thank you for your feedback.

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,189 battles

Feel the pain in ranked, its fun till you get down below 10 and then up/down, much depending on getting a good team.  Safe level at 5 would help.  My plug for CWs is simple, keep the 4 days of playing, it made CWs a lot more relaxing.  Don't even think about bringing in CVs, that would be the end of CWs right there.  Otherwise CWs wasn't too bad.  Divisons in ranked? LOL LOL, boy would the ranked games get gamed big time... and that would be the end of ranked!

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles

I'm sick and tire of people whining about stream sniping.  I look at it this way.  If you stream a battle live, you have only yourself to blame for potentially giving out free information to the enemy.  Period.  End of story.  Never give the enemy free intelligence!!!  If you do, you have only yourself to blame.  You might as well tell the enemy what you're going to do in ALL chat.  It's no different.

[LHG]
Members
1,617 posts
4,887 battles

I don't personally think Ranked is broken.  Sure, there are the yolo's and the battleship snipers who, if they are on your team, spell almost certain defeat and it a game mode where everyone has to be there doing their job, AFK ships can be very frustrating. 

That being said, I'm not sure what you can do about player performance issues like these as part of WG's responsibility to make Ranked a better system.  I think the timing of this season was flawed and put it in competition with Clan Wars and the Holidays for a time but hopefully that's a mistake WG will learn from.  

Anyway, for me it was an enjoyable season even though the timing of it made it difficult for me to participate as I have the last couple of seasons. 

[HEROS]
Members
1,397 posts
11,810 battles

Ranked can be rough.   Though honestly I'm not real clear on what apparently some folk are expecting from ranked play.   

Individual player skill with the ship is critical to doing well.

Understanding how each particular map channels movement and attack in critically important.

Knowing your own ships capabilities to the nth degree is critically important.

Knowing the same of all possible ships you might face in a match is critically important

Being LUCKY is critically important.

Being a skilled players is all about being able to "create" your own luck, and capitalize on other poor luck and decisions..

I haven't seen that I am aware off any players that made it above rank 10 that were not skilled, AND lucky..... and stubborn as all get out because it's not an easy grind to rank one and it IS a grind!

This season I learned the following...

Depend on YOURSELF first.  You never know what your team mates or the opposing team s going to do until they actually do it.

Be proactive.. don't wait for the opposing team to force you into a situation YOU did not chose.  Be decisive and act on that.  You uually only get one chance so make the effort and learn from your errors..  Only 7 ships per side.  Errors in judgement can be crucial, but you cannot go around and be afraid of making errors.  Everyone makes errors..be where you can take advantage of the other teams eh?.

DO your ships job!  Don't try and do what your ship cannot do well if you can avoid it.  Sometime you wont have a choice.  DD's scout, screen, cap if they can safely do so, and flank.  CA's also scout, screen, cap and flank, but they're bigger targets then DD and have other capabilities that DD's do not.   Battleships..if you do not think of your self as the pointy end of the spear, the center of a teams movement focus you are going to have "issues"

DD, CA's, CV air groups my show you where everything is, but your the one that decides where you armor, main guns, secondaries, and AA bubble go.  You are the teams CENTER..yea, no pressure right?  Wrong!

I am an AVERAGE player (with moments of god inspiring brilliance!) over all, and expert in IJN DD's yet I managed rank 5 and would have done better cept I got hammered with the flu twice (uhg!) which cost me days of play.

Ranked play of any kind is not simple.  You generally don't have good communication with team members  so you have to make do.   Salty player in ranked play need to hang it up for a few hours and come back.. Salty talk does NOT inspire team mate to perform better. this isn't the real military.. none of us HAS to be here

Cartman:  "You guys are mean.  I going to take my toys and go home!"  Is always there.. try not to PO yer own team..it causes lost matches!

Do Ranked because you like competitive play.  Do NOT play rank for the awards.  (your gonna get some anyway..relax!  If little Johney got more then you odds are real good he did more then you.  Get over it!)

All ranked in the end is going to tell you is how good YOU really are.  I found out this season  I'm actually pretty doggone good!  Got all types of warm fuzzies off of that!   You should give it a try.  You want bragg'n rights you earn 'em the same way the rest of us do.. by doing. Because Ranked is pretty much the same amount of unfair for EVERYONE THAT DOES IT!

TL_Warlord_Roff sends

Members
1,778 posts
17,360 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I'm sick and tire of people whining about stream sniping

What about the players that are unaware that 1 of their team members is streaming...or aware that 1 is streaming (some talked about it in chat) but didn't get the possible negative implications of it until just now (call me a noob but literally had no idea).

Kind of explains how a completely undetected ship can come around a corner & have a 7 (w/only 7 ships on enemy team) instantly show up in there priority target icon...not a detected icon w/zero that quickly builds to 7 but an instant 7 when rounding an island.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

What about the players that are unaware that 1 of their team members is streaming...or aware that 1 is streaming (some talked about it in chat) but didn't get the possible negative implications of it until just now (call me a noob but literally had no idea).

Kind of explains how a completely undetected ship can come around a corner & have a 7 (w/only 7 ships on enemy team) instantly show up in there priority target icon...not a detected icon w/zero that quickly builds to 7 but an instant 7 when rounding an island.

For starters, blame the streamer.  he's the one giving away free intel.

Secondly, while I'm sure that there's some value to be gained about other members of the streamer's team, I'd think that the primary benefit would come to anyone watching the streamer's ship (or whomever's ship he's watching if the streamer's been sunk).  You might be able to get some value out of being able to see the minimap, IF the streamer hasn't covered it for the stream (some do, apparently).

What it really comes down to for me is that you should never give away free intel to the enemy.  Also, I oppose streaming on privacy terms.  I don't recall signing away my privacy rights to the streamer, though some may claim that one has done so by playing this game.  (Honestly, I don't think that WG has the right to take them away in this manner either, but that would  require a lawyer to answer, I suppose.)

Members
1,778 posts
17,360 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

IF the streamer hasn't covered it for the stream

Is the chat window covered...that can give valuable info away also.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Is the chat window covered...that can give valuable info away also.

Don't recall.  Maybe some do, for all I know.

[SIM]
Members
1,338 posts
On 1/26/2018 at 4:39 PM, napalmdog101 said:

AFK players do mess things up but, not as much as all those stock ships with no camo or signal flags running around in ranked battles.

[BOC]
Members
139 posts
6,713 battles

I gave up ranked a couple of seasons ago ... too much stress and it was ruining the game for me. I like competing and would love to do ranked, but oh well.

That said, I think the problem with ranked ... not including the behaviors that it inspires (Discord/Teamspeak dropping together to team or spy for your buddy, and other individual play - bailing to get into another 2 games or lone starring - best of the worst) ... as these behaviors are consequences of the ranked system ... is that ranked is a team sport that uses an individual rating system (stars for a win), but the star system is based on a chess competition-like system for individuals. Team sports use different systems.

So the frustration is partly based on being rewarded in an individual way for the results of a team that is random (aside from dropping together with friends). So, hail to all the players who supported the rank 1s and played for their teams.

And assuming you don't win, you can only minimize the damage to your rank with your personal score which is almost entirely based on individual contributions.

So, WG could change the scoring system to give points for sailing together, and much more points for capping, supporting the cappers, spotting, firing on what's being spotted, receiving damage while near others (screening/distracting), or WG could change how stars are given or just remove starts and make it about experience points and give up the team which isn't emphasized anyway (by the scoring system).

Edited by Unsinge
typos, grammar

[SALTY]
Members
116 posts
4,210 battles
On 1/26/2018 at 7:39 PM, napalmdog101 said:

I mean, statistically, you're the type of player that will struggle in ranked. If you're sub 50% WR over thousands of battles it's because you're missing a lot of abilities other players have. Those abilities become crucial to winning the higher up you go. Your ranked WR was 46.6% over 450+ battles. The assumption that you were playing your ship well isn't a safe one at that point. You can actually have a very high scoring round in ranked and be the cause of a loss because you weren't johnny on the spot with a much needed radar or able to deny a cap. Ranked requires a much different, much more patient approach versus random battles. 

There are problems with ranked, of course. But for the most part, it works. I see players I played with that have 600+ battles and didn't make it. Ranked isn't meant to be a campaign you set out where success is inevitable. It's meant to be a test of skill and your ability to improvise teamwork with a bunch of random people. If you are struggling, look inward and try to figure out what you can do better. 

[RIBIT]
[RIBIT]
Members
5 posts
6,446 battles
On 1/29/2018 at 7:11 PM, Crucis said:

I'm sick and tire of people whining about stream sniping.  You might as well tell the enemy what you're going to do in ALL chat.  It's no different.

It’s much easier and gives way more info to stream it to them 

Edited by MEKL_NA